DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Correct Cover Size (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/451742-correct-cover-size.html)

T.Bickle 01-10-06 08:15 PM

Correct Cover Size

I usually don't have any problems finding the covers I need online but when I print them they are usually too big vertically. I end up having to cut more than I would like to from the bottom of the cover. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? The print looks good and it doesn't look stretched or anything but it's just too tall for the case.

joliom 01-13-06 02:45 PM

For a standard single-sized cover the proper size is 2175 x 3150 pixels or 7.25 x 10.80 inches. Also, be sure to double-check your printer settings and make sure you don't have anything like "auto stretch" or "fit to page" selected.

Michael Corvin 01-16-06 09:49 AM

The standard size used by every cover site out there is: 2175 x 3240

So if you download a cover 99 times out of 100 it will be that size. Unless you download from cdcovers.cc then it is a complete crapshoot as to what you will get.

joliom 01-16-06 04:49 PM

My bad. Michael's right, it should be 2175 x 3240. I gave you the dimensions for a thinpak single by mistake. 7.25 x 10.80" is correct though.

Forum Troll 01-17-06 09:05 AM

Brings back memories of the good ole days. DVDCoverart..we hardly knew ye. Lots of good people made tons of good covers. All, of course for "Sosai X", whoever he was. Man, what a schmuck!

T.Bickle 01-17-06 11:39 PM

Well I did get the cover from cdcovers.cc and it's not the correct size and I'm having trouble printing it at the correct size. Thanks for the help guys, maybe I'll figure it out eventually.

Forum Troll 01-18-06 02:43 AM

The 3240x2175 is for covers at 300 DPI. Take a close look at the image properties, and make sure that it's 300 DPI. It won't print right at that size if it's not.

Michael Corvin 01-18-06 09:41 AM

well 99.9% of the covers found at cdcovers are crap. They may look like what you've seen elsewhere, but the sizes have been altered as well as the resolution. Not worth wasting photo paper and ink on for sure.

Try dagonsden, r1db, or generetic. Those are the top 3, all the designers know what they are doing and you won't have problems like the one you are having. They aren't free however, the first two work on a credit system which costs, and the third is a yearly cost.

I'd recommend r1db since they have the biggest selection. followed by dagonsden, they have strict guidelines which guarantees every cover is of the absolute best quality and has a great selection. Generetic is decent, it is forum based which makes searching and viewing multiple covers for a title a pain in the ass.