DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

? RE old WB snap cases

Old 12-19-05, 11:37 PM
Cool New Member

? RE old WB snap cases

I have some old WB DVD with snap cases that i was wondering was ever released with regular cases.

Matrix, Swordfish, Oceans Eleven, dreamcatcher, death to smoochy.

i can only assume that these dvds are still in production, did WB ever switch to standard cases for these titles?
Old 12-21-05, 08:05 PM

I bought Swordfish recently and it's still snap.
Old 12-23-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

nope, but their rental copies are in keep cases now
Old 12-24-05, 07:20 PM
Cool New Member

ugh, i bet i sound anal but i would like to get all my WB DVDs that are in snap cases into regualr cases, i like to have a uniform looking collection and those things just stick out horribly.
Old 12-27-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only WB movie that I know of for sure that's been upgraded from a snapper to a keepcase (and isn't a completely new edition) is North by Northwest. The new keepcase versions of Calamity Jane and Papillon I believe are straight reissues of the old DVD as well, but I'm not positive. As Cameron mentioned, however, a lot of WB movies that were released in stores in snapper cases were issued to Blockbuster and Hollywood Video (exclusively) in keepcases. You can often find some for sale in their Previously Viewed section, or from people who bought them there and are now reselling them themselves.