DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Request for original factory covers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/446077-request-original-factory-covers.html)

big e 11-21-05 01:09 PM

Request for original factory covers

I'm look for original factory covers for the following DVDs:

Day of the Dead
Saving Private Ryan
Pulp Fiction
Akira
Ninja Scroll: The Series vol. 1, 2, & 3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake)
THX-1138
Escape From New York
Near Dark

Any information on how I could acquire these would be helpful.

Disc-Flipper 11-21-05 02:48 PM

Would scans suffice? I've seen them at one of the cover sites mentioned on this forum.

big e 11-21-05 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Disc-Flipper
Would scans suffice? I've seen them at one of the cover sites mentioned on this forum.

No, I'd rather have the factory printed covers. I've printed some scans out before onto HP photo paper and they just don't seem to look as good as the factory ones.

joliom 11-23-05 12:04 AM

You're probably not doing it right then. Either you're not getting good scans, you're not filtering them well, or your not printing at the highest quality setting on the right paper (or else your hardware is just not up to the task). Most of my scans are about 90% as good as the original when all is said and done. If that 10% quality reduction is what gets you, then you ought to try exclusively downloading and printing custom covers. A top-quality custom will be as sharp and detailed as a factory cover assuming you have a good printer and use premium glossy photo paper. There are some terrific customs for several of the titles on your list. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if you're interested in exploring that further.

big e 11-23-05 09:00 AM

I've been printing them on HP Premium 4-star photo paper and my printer is a HP deskjet 3520. I've been getting my scans from cdcovers.cc, which I've heard doesn't have very good scans. Could my problem be that the scans I'm getting are crappy?

DarthVong 11-23-05 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by big e
I've been printing them on HP Premium 4-star photo paper and my printer is a HP deskjet 3520. I've been getting my scans from cdcovers.cc, which I've heard doesn't have very good scans. Could my problem be that the scans I'm getting are crappy?

Yep. cdcovers have very low-res files. Basically very poor quality for printing purposes. The images have to be 300dpi for best results.

canaryfarmer 11-23-05 10:20 AM

The scans from cdcovers.cc are probably the worst on the entire internet. Don't even bother.

enrage 11-23-05 10:51 AM

if you want Hi Res scans at cdcovers.cc then you have to go to the forum. do a search for the dvd cover your looking for. add your request to the post.
be sure to have a gmail account.

big e 12-09-05 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by joliom
There are some terrific customs for several of the titles on your list. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if you're interested in exploring that further.

I'll take you up on that offer. I've come to the conclusion that this is probably a better way to solve my problem than finding factory covers.