DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   dvdcoverart.org (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/442418-dvdcoverart-org.html)

pbishop69 10-22-05 09:18 AM

dvdcoverart.org

Hello friends!!!

Is anyone here a member at dvdcoverart.org? They're not accepting new members there and I need to download 3 covers from there. Any help would be much appreciated.

KC

krypton 10-22-05 03:52 PM

I used to be a member of dvdcoverart.org but when I came back from a mission trip, my account must have been deleted.

I sure would appreciate if someone could recommend me. I'm not sure how it works but my nick was "krypton". If anyone could help out, I sure would appreciate it.

DeepBlue 10-30-05 04:29 PM

re:

Same here, I used to be a member there and now cannot log in.

If it's a matter of $, I would be happy to donate to dvdcoverart owner :)

deepblue

Mike G 11-04-05 02:44 PM

I'm also having the same problem, I wonder if everyone is?

Michael Corvin 11-04-05 03:31 PM

if you aren't active they delete your account, no warning. Here is a unique perspective on it from JupiterPrime:

this is old news and nothing to write home about - its not like its new or anything its been around since just after DP shut down - however, its rather strenuous as anything outside their domain host locale receives data ridiculously slow just like DP did and its very stringient there with regards to your account and having to post within a certain time on a certain day of the week, when the blood-lilacs are in bloom during the 1st full moon of the new year but only when it is one-quarter waning and making sure Beta Orionis is in ascension, and then continue to do this at least three times every 10 days but only while the squirrels menstruate, otherwise its when the chincillas are mating, then its twice every 12 days or you'll lose your account

its gotten to be more of a chore than anything else
So I would just avoid the site and find what you need elsewhere.

Randy810 11-05-05 06:21 PM

I was a member and I believe I even gave a contribution at one time.
Then suddenly I was not able to log in and change my profile to my new email address. I finally gave up and considered it a loss. Tonight I registered again. Maybe the people at DVDCoverArt will reconsider my membership, If not - oh, well.

AndrewWickliffe 11-06-05 12:04 PM

How does one get a referal for DVDCoverart? I mean, no one here even seems to be members.... ?

DVDCoverArt 05-19-07 03:59 PM

DVDCoverArt.org

If you have a Subscription and are having problems accessing the site, please feel free to contact me.

DVDCoverArt 05-19-07 04:17 PM

this is old news and nothing to write home about - its not like its new or anything its been around since just after DP shut down - however, its rather strenuous as anything outside their domain host locale receives data ridiculously slow just like DP did and its very stringient there with regards to your account and having to post within a certain time on a certain day of the week, when the blood-lilacs are in bloom during the 1st full moon of the new year but only when it is one-quarter waning and making sure Beta Orionis is in ascension, and then continue to do this at least three times every 10 days but only while the squirrels menstruate, otherwise its when the chincillas are mating, then its twice every 12 days or you'll lose your account

its gotten to be more of a chore than anything else
As always, JupiterPrime is on Jupiter. DVDCoverArt.org has no requirements. To make the site easier to manage, it converted over a year ago to a Subscription site. The site runs on a 15 Megabit Fiber Optics line, which eliminated the speed issue we had when we first went online in April 2004.

corockymtnhi 05-20-07 11:49 AM

Au contraire. There are requirements.

I just went to DVDCoverArt.org, and there's a whole list of requirements on the home page. I don't mind most of the requirements and I wouldn't mind paying $12 a year for access to the site, but it's the requirement to use PayPal for payment that will cause me to take a pass on DVDCoverArt.org.

I consider PayPal to be like those "Club Cards" at the supermarkets --- a big intrusion on privacy.