DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   The Official Snapper To Keepcase List (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/424985-official-snapper-keepcase-list.html)

chileorgullo 06-13-05 10:41 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1

I think it was probably one of the first NL conversions

runnersdialzero 06-14-05 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
I agree as long as its a seperate section...ie, I want to know whats exactly the same except being in a keep case, and what was rereleased in a keepcase SE (Rebel With a Cause, Miss Congeniality, etc).

Also, The Mask keepcase version is an SE. North by Northwest by Warner is not an SE, but the keepcase version has a few different features than the original snapper.

As far as Matchstick Men on the HV/BBV only list, I have the 2-disc DVD/CD soundtrack which came in a keepcase at all retail stores for a short period of time...not sure if this should go on the list.

That's wrong I believe. Nothing has changed about North By Northwest. The Mask SE is in a keepcase but they also converted the original before going to the SE. You're right about Matchstick Men as well. But it's a special edition so I don't count that as a upgrade from a snapper.

Also, I'm not saying everyone is lying about A Nightmare on Elm Street. I believe you. I just wish I could find it. Plus, it is just the first one that's in a keepcase or is it the entire box set?

Saxon

darkhawk 06-14-05 09:17 AM

Over in the bargains section, the Walmart $4.88 titles, someone listed that they found the Mortal Kombat movies in keepcases

ENDContra 06-14-05 12:03 PM

I noticed Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is being re-released on 6/21 (price drop maybe?). The picture on Amazon.com of the widescreen version is a keepcase (full screen picture is a snapper). Not sure if theres anything to that or not.

runnersdialzero 06-14-05 01:09 PM

OK, finally saw A Nightmare on Elm Street in a keepcase. Not that I didn't believe you guys. ;) But it doesn't look like they'll rerelease the box set in keepcases.

Added The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Saxon

darkhawk 06-14-05 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by runnersdialzero
OK, finally saw A Nightmare on Elm Street in a keepcase. Not that I didn't believe you guys. ;) But it doesn't look like they'll rerelease the box set in keepcases.

Added The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Saxon

Where did you found The Long Kiss Goodnight?

At Walmart I just found The Player's Club.

Skoobooz 06-14-05 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
I noticed Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is being re-released on 6/21 (price drop maybe?). The picture on Amazon.com of the widescreen version is a keepcase (full screen picture is a snapper). Not sure if theres anything to that or not.

It is actually a change of case for both versions (wide and full) being released on the 21st.

runnersdialzero 06-14-05 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Where did you found The Long Kiss Goodnight?

At Walmart I just found The Player's Club.

The Long Kiss Goodnight was at Wal-Mart. They have a new stand that's only Warner Brothers and New Line titles. It was in there.

Saxon

feral125 06-14-05 10:50 PM

I found Deep Cover at Walmart in a keepcase it was in the $4.88 rack.

darkhawk 06-15-05 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by feral125
I found Deep Cover at Walmart in a keepcase it was in the $4.88 rack.

Already listed at the thread's begining

feral125 06-15-05 01:29 PM

The First release of Reservoir Dogs was a Snapper. Grease and Saturday Night Fever were Digipacks Not Snappers. So, technically they don't count.

runnersdialzero 06-15-05 02:10 PM

Good catch Feral.

Wasn't Chaplin and a couple other movies from Live Entertainment original snappers before Artisan bought them and converted them to keepcases?

I included Saturday Night Fever and Grease because single disc digipaks are just as much a abomination as snappers.

Saxon

bboisvert 06-15-05 02:45 PM

Wasn't Chaplin and a couple other movies from Live Entertainment original snappers before Artisan bought them and converted them to keepcases?

Yeah, good point. Chaplin definitely was... as were the original (non-SE) editions of Total Recall and Running Man. Probably a few others. Live/Artisan switched to keepcases pretty darn early in the game.

RoboDad 06-15-05 02:57 PM

I included Saturday Night Fever and Grease because single disc digipaks are just as much a abomination as snappers.

That may be, but the fact is that there was never a change from one case to the other. Both case styles were available the very first day that both movies were released. It just depended on which retailer you purchased them from. I know this because I purchased Grease on its release date, and mine is in a keepcase.

runnersdialzero 06-15-05 03:00 PM

I thought the only place you could buy Grease in a keepcase was Sam's. I could be wrong. Either way, I'll keep it on there since most people bought it as digipak.

Saxon

runnersdialzero 06-21-05 01:05 PM

Added Willy Wonka. You think they could have added a free ticket to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Saxon

darkhawk 06-21-05 01:58 PM

Maybe in 5 only

natevines 06-21-05 02:04 PM

WB:

Mildred Pierce
Now, Voyager
The Women
Papillon

darkhawk 06-21-05 02:05 PM

You can also put on the list:

Young Guns
Hoosiers
Dark Victory
Calamity Jane

The "I Am Sam" you can list under New Line and not Blockbuster.

Dvdlovr24 06-28-05 02:17 PM

I have changed out all of my New Line snappers besides 3 titles, not counting the NIghtmare on Elm Street Boxset. Has anyone seen in person Pleasantville, Wag The Dog, or the Astronaut's Wife in keepcases? Those are the last 3 I need. Thanks in advance.

bboisvert 06-28-05 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Maybe in 5 only

:lol:

runnersdialzero 06-28-05 03:43 PM

Wag the Dog, Pleasantville and The Astronaut's Wife are still MIA. As well as The Player, Shine, The Cell and Dark City.

I doubt they will rerelease the Nightmare on Elm Street boxset in keepcases unfortunately.

Saxon

runnersdialzero 06-28-05 03:51 PM

Added Mildred Pierce and Now, Voyager.

When I was looking at the DDD 20% sale, they had many titles like Pleasantville listed as keepcases. I don't want to risk buying them and have them be in snappers. Can anyone confirm or call DDD to be sure they are in keepcases? The Cell is still listed as a snapper however.

Saxon

darkhawk 06-28-05 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dvdlovr24
I have changed out all of my New Line snappers besides 3 titles, not counting the NIghtmare on Elm Street Boxset. Has anyone seen in person Pleasantville, Wag The Dog, or the Astronaut's Wife in keepcases? Those are the last 3 I need. Thanks in advance.

The Astronaut's Wife I found at Circuit City. No info on the other 2. I still have about 30 to change.

johnbook 06-29-05 01:20 AM

The Long Kiss Goodnight was at Wal-Mart. They have a new stand that's only Warner Brothers and New Line titles. It was in there.

Saxon

Picked up mine on sunday for $7.50, my snapper is listed on half.com, all i need now is spawn...