DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   The Saga Continues - Scara's Disney Sequels Covers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/317213-saga-continues-scaras-disney-sequels-covers.html)

Scaramanga 09-11-03 05:28 PM

The Chris Elder Disney Saga Continues - Treasures are coming ...

Cover series in the same style as Chris Elder's custom Disney Classics series for all Non-Classics Disney Animation titles.

Finished & Submitted:
01. Atlantis - Milo's Return
02. Tarzan & Jane
03. Cinderella II - Dreams Come True
04. Return to Neverland (3 Versions)
05. Mickey's House of Villains
06. Jungle Book 2 (3 versions)
07. Finding Nemo (2 versions)
08. Dinosaur
09. Alice in Wonderland - Masterpiece Edition

http://www.roderidder.be/Scara/DS_Alice.jpg

Color Scheme:
Classic - Grey
Sequel - Blue
Other Animation - Green
Hybrid - Red
Pixar - Gold / Yellow
Walt Disney Treasures - ?

JoeyOhhhh 09-11-03 05:32 PM

Blue is nice.

Scaramanga 09-11-03 05:36 PM

Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
Blue is nice.
Yeah that works quite well for this particular cover :D

Bobban 09-12-03 12:19 AM

ohh.. I cant say wich color I like best.. lets just wait and see that tarzan and jane looks like...

Michael Corvin 09-12-03 06:36 AM

:up: Blue.

Scaramanga 09-12-03 06:42 AM

Then blue it's gonna be :)

... Now I need to determine the strength of it though ... since not all artwork will be blue

Scaramanga 09-12-03 09:12 AM

Added Tarzan & Jane at the top, which version of the Category-style do you like best ?

1. Blue Back - Blue Disney Logo - Blue Specs Box - Blue Quote
2. Blue Back - Green Disney Logo - Green Specs Box - Green Quote

In other words, should the Logo / Specs Box / Quote change color for every cover in the Category Style or should it always remain blue ?

JJE-187 09-12-03 10:00 PM

Originally posted by Scaramanga
Added Tarzan & Jane at the top, which version of the Category-style do you like best ?

1. Blue Back - Blue Disney Logo - Blue Specs Box - Blue Quote
2. Blue Back - Green Disney Logo - Green Specs Box - Green Quote

In other words, should the Logo / Specs Box / Quote change color for every cover in the Category Style or should it always remain blue ?

As I mentioned at dvdcoverart, I think the Logo, Spec Box & Quote should change color to better match the movie.

Rogue588 09-12-03 10:48 PM

looks real good..

just wake me when you're done with these cheapquels..

[you DID say you were doing live action, right...?]

JJE-187 09-13-03 01:36 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
No he didn't mention them. I think he's gonna do the Hybrid films though.

Rogue588 09-13-03 01:38 AM

hmm...I thought he said that at the beginning of the thread and now it's no longer there...

oh well.

Scaramanga 09-13-03 01:58 AM

Originally posted by JJE-187
As I mentioned at dvdcoverart, I think the Logo, Spec Box & Quote should change color to better match the movie.
All done and submitted

Scaramanga 09-13-03 02:00 AM

looks real good..

just wake me when you're done with these cheapquels..

At the moment I have no plans to do the live action movies ... BUT ... just wait and see after these +50 covers are done ;-)

Plz do not refer to them as cheapquels either ... that term is insulting and does not at all suit the movies. They are great fun for kids and that's what they were intended to be. :(

Rogue588 09-13-03 02:16 AM

Originally posted by Scaramanga
Plz do not refer to them as cheapquels either ... that term is insulting and does not at all suit the movies. They are great fun for kids and that's what they were intended to be. :(
Sorry...but I respectfully disagree. [and i'm a BIG Disney fan]. The overwhelming majority of Disney sequels ARE cheaply done. The animation is sub-par, most times the original voices don't return and it's obvious it's being done just for revenue NOT for the love of it.

an example: Watch the Lilo & Stitch documentary. The enthusiasm the creators/directors had for this film was HIGHLY contageous. [and this is a personal favourite of mine...from storyline to the EXCELLENT artistic style].

Stitch! on the other hand was a 60 minute, poorly animated commercial to get kids watching this fall.

The only two sequels I can think of that lived up to the original flicks were Toy Story II [obviously] & [IMO] Return To Neverland. [though, Neverland's art was better than the story]

But, in retrospect, I suppose you're right in assuming that these sequels are for kids, since some children aren't as discerning...

Nevertheless, even if I think these sequels aren't that good, your covers sure are! :)

Scaramanga 09-13-03 01:51 PM

Not too many people agree with me on that ... i've learned to live with it ;-)

JJE-187 09-13-03 04:23 PM

I enjoy the sequels. I go in with low expectations & i'm usally not dissapointed. & they are so short that it's not really a chore to watch them. If they were all in the 90+min range then that might be a problem, but most of these are 80min (if that) The only thing I don't like is Disney's pricing of them ($29.99) I have never bought 1 of the sequels new, I always pick them up at Movie Gallery (used) for about $10 (after the buy 2 get 1 Free discount)

Scaramanga 09-14-03 02:07 AM

Originally posted by JJE-187
I enjoy the sequels. I go in with low expectations & i'm usally not dissapointed. & they are so short that it's not really a chore to watch them. If they were all in the 90+min range then that might be a problem, but most of these are 80min (if that) The only thing I don't like is Disney's pricing of them ($29.99) I have never bought 1 of the sequels new, I always pick them up at Movie Gallery (used) for about $10 (after the buy 2 get 1 Free discount)
Same here ... the pricing is ridiculous ...

Scaramanga 09-14-03 08:49 AM

Cinderella II Finished in Classic Style, now converting to Sequel style.

Bobban 09-14-03 03:11 PM

Man you are fast ;) Keep up the good work.. hope to see more nice covers from you bro...

Bobban 09-16-03 12:21 AM

mmm just printed t&j and atlantis2.. they look amazing.. whats next in line?

JJE-187 09-16-03 12:41 AM

He's working on Return To Neverland & just completed Cinderella II, he mention on dvdca that he's having some sort of computer problem that will sadly slow down this project :(

Bobban 09-16-03 02:57 AM

ouch.. :( that is not good... hope he will work it out

KBDVD 09-17-03 05:42 AM

Hi Scaramanga,

Just a quick "thank you" for the excellent work you are doing in supplementing Chris'es fantastic "classic covers" with your sequel line. I had my doubt's when I first read about this intention but I'd like to be one of the first to say that the quality of the three you have completed thus far have been every bit as good as Chris'es.

Keep up the good work .......... looks like I better buy some more credits over at DVDCA!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Scaramanga 09-17-03 07:23 AM

Originally posted by KBDVD
Hi Scaramanga,

Just a quick "thank you" for the excellent work you are doing in supplementing Chris'es fantastic "classic covers" with your sequel line. I had my doubt's when I first read about this intention but I'd like to be one of the first to say that the quality of the three you have completed thus far have been every bit as good as Chris'es.

Keep up the good work .......... looks like I better buy some more credits over at DVDCA!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Thanks very much ... I really appreciate it.

First post has been updated with the Return to Never Land covers.
Up next : Mickey's House of Villains

KBDVD 09-17-03 08:28 AM

WOW!

Hi Scaramanga,

I love "ALL" of the Return To Neverland" covers! - will they all be available on DVDCA?

One point, I downloaded the Cinderella II cover from DVDCA and have yet to print it off, but it does appear that the front is "over bright" from my screen image. The white cat at Cinders feet is almost indistinct from the background behind it. I didn't notice this when the image was displayed at the top of this thread.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Scaramanga 09-17-03 09:09 AM

I design everything on an LCD monitor so colours are a bit different, most often they appear brighter on a CRT monitor then they are printed out ... haven't printed it myself yet ... but i'll do so and let you know.

I haven't changed anything at the cover ever since I posted the preview.

PS. It is my intention to make them all available.

Bobban 09-17-03 10:16 AM

I just have 3 things to say.
1. nice
2. nice
3. nice

Hope to see jungle book 2 soon

Rogue588 09-17-03 10:46 AM

There's a "T" where it should be a "P" at the beginning of the first paragraph on the Neverland cover..

Also, it's a PERSONAL pet peeve, but those critics quotes are VERY annoying..

Scaramanga 09-17-03 11:01 AM

There's a "T" where it should be a "P" at the beginning of the first paragraph on the Neverland cover..

I already wondered when someone was gonna notice that...

Also, it's a PERSONAL pet peeve, but those critics quotes are VERY annoying..
Tough luck cause I need something to fill up the space ... I fail to see what's annoying about them too ...

Rogue588 09-17-03 11:32 AM

well, kinda like our past exchange..

I don't like the majority of cheapquels..you do..

am I right? are you right? of course not. it's all subjective.

do I need to see what Peter Bernard says about Neverland to justify my positive opinion of it..? nope.

but in the end, it's your creation and like I said it's a personal pet peeve..

Scaramanga 09-17-03 12:09 PM

do I need to see what Peter Bernard says about Neverland to justify my positive opinion of it..? nope.

It's not so much that I like those "things" ... but just that I need something to fill the remaining space ... and there is nothing else to fill it up with then those "things"

The sequels are good for those who they were meant to be looked at. Keep on dreaming if you think Disney makes the sequels for "adults" (or at least those who think they are) ...

There's only one thing that bothers me about them : the price :( ... they're way too expensive for direct to video sequels :(

Bobban 09-23-03 09:18 AM

still having computer problems? I want to se some more ;)

Scaramanga 09-23-03 09:41 AM

Nope ... no problems at all

Bobban 09-23-03 11:11 AM

so what are you working on now?

Scaramanga 09-23-03 11:31 AM

among others:

Mickey's House of Villains
Jungle Book 2
Stitch The Movie

Bobban 09-23-03 12:05 PM

nice nice.. luv that u made em blue.. cant wait for jungle book 2 and stitch the movie

Bobban 10-02-03 05:15 AM

any news? havnt seen anything from you in a while ;)

JJE-187 10-02-03 09:41 AM

He's completed Mickey's House Of Villans. It should be on dvdca soon. & He is going to attempt to get at least 1 cover a week done.

Scaramanga 10-02-03 09:48 AM

Added Mickey's House of Villains to the first post :)

JJE-187 10-02-03 10:29 AM

Hey scara, how does the colored version of MHOV look?