DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   RammsteinFan's Custom Covers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/287711-rammsteinfans-custom-covers.html)

Rammsteinfan 04-22-03 10:42 AM

RammsteinFan's Custom Covers - Added new covers 3/12

Custom Cover Homepage:

http://myweb.cableone.net/patches46/

<BR><BR>

Recent Custom Covers:<BR>
Star Trek Generations<BR>
Star Trek First Contact<br>
Ring 2 Disc Collectors Set<BR>
Halloween 1/2<BR>
Star Trek Insurrection<BR>

JLyon1515 04-23-03 10:40 AM

I like what you've done with the Cube/Hypercube cover. Just some thoughts that came to mind as I looked at it:

On the special features squares on the back, what do you think about using the two different looks of the rooms? Cube had a different looking room from Hypercube.

On the spine, I'm not sure if I like the '+' between the titles...what about just a vertical bar separating them?

Regradless of those minor details, I love what you've done, I think the contrast of the red and blue of the two original covers works well with how you've combined them.

Rammsteinfan 04-23-03 05:08 PM

Nice idea about the features box, maybe I will do a second revision on it asap!

I did the plus + because it is cube and it has to do with Math... so I figured + for addition.

DarthVong 04-24-03 06:17 AM

I like your Under Siege and Stone covers, but the only problem is the front poster images are stretched. We cant accept customs with stretched/ skewed images on them. That's one of our guidelines. I realize this was done to fill the front cover, but we can't accept them in this form. Maybe you could put a logo (20th Centurty Fox) or a custom Title logo at the top so the posters wont have to be stretched. Other than that they look very nice!!!
DV

zxqv7 04-27-03 08:09 AM

I like the Bill & Ted ... a lot. How about putting it up for a while at your site before it goes to DVDCA?

Rammsteinfan 05-08-03 05:29 PM

Got a new scanner today! HP 4470C ($15 nib!) and it is already 10x better than my old Microtek SC3. Expect much better covers in the near future :D

zxqv7 05-08-03 09:14 PM

Any chance you can do a Dr. Phibes double?

Rammsteinfan 05-08-03 10:48 PM

Originally posted by zxqv7
Any chance you can do a Dr. Phibes double?
I would if I had it... sorry about that.

Check the link in my Signature to see what I have in my collection. If you need any of those, I can scan em starting next weekend.

JLyon1515 05-09-03 10:47 AM

Any thoughts on if you'll be redoing the features section of the cube+hypercube set yet? I had mentioned it before and you said it might be a possibility. Hmmm, or maybe I could just do it myself for my own personal collection.

Alien Redrum 05-11-03 01:45 AM

I'm looking forward to the Poltergeist cover. It looks pretty good. :thumbsup:

JoeyOhhhh 05-12-03 09:11 AM

Rammsteinfan,

The majority of your pics do not load on that page.

Rammsteinfan 05-14-03 12:54 AM

Originally posted by JLyon1515
Any thoughts on if you'll be redoing the features section of the cube+hypercube set yet? I had mentioned it before and you said it might be a possibility. Hmmm, or maybe I could just do it myself for my own personal collection.
It's Done! Check it out. I changed the features box to feature the white cube from Hypercube and removed the + from the spine. The preview is available on my covers section of my webpage. If you like it let me know and I will send you the file or give you a link to where you can download the ZIP file.

EBChamorro 05-15-03 09:45 AM

Would you consider making a custom cover for both SPECIES?
Maybe a picture of SIL by the artist Giger
or Natasha Henstridge for both films?
I have both in a slim double case with just the cover for
Species 1 on the front (better cover of the two).

Rammsteinfan 05-15-03 10:28 AM

Originally posted by EBChamorro
Would you consider making a custom cover for both SPECIES?
Maybe a picture of SIL by the artist Giger
or Natasha Henstridge for both films?
I have both in a slim double case with just the cover for
Species 1 on the front (better cover of the two).

I actually have created one for both films. The first version is at DVDCoverart and a second version was uploaded their a few days ago and will hopefully be up on DVDcoverart real soon.

http://www.dvdcoverart.com/dvdcovera...em.php?id=1266

The second one has the same back but a much better and fuller shot of the artwork like the one from the SPecies 2 cover art.

If you would like to see another piece of art or picture on the cover, let me know where or what it is and I can alter it for you.

JLyon1515 05-16-03 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
It's Done! Check it out. I changed the features box to feature the white cube from Hypercube and removed the + from the spine. The preview is available on my covers section of my webpage. If you like it let me know and I will send you the file or give you a link to where you can download the ZIP file.
I LOVE IT! :) Thanks for taking the time to do the change. Now I just need a link to a place where I can download it (I know my email won't let me receive a lorage file).

Thanks again.

MJKTool 05-16-03 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
Rush Hour 1 & 2 cover is now available for preview on my site. Comments?

I am uploading it to DVDCA and hopefully it will be available soon.

I think its cool! The back is neat too the way you made those two guys hold up the fingers for their respective movie :up:

Rammsteinfan 05-16-03 04:25 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
I think its cool! The back is neat too the way you made those two guys hold up the fingers for their respective movie :up:
Thanks. I wish I could have made them do that :D Both those poses are actually from Rush Hour 2, I am just glad that Chris Tucker only had 1 finger up, it worked out perfectly!

Rammsteinfan 05-26-03 11:36 AM

Added early preview of Fugitive / US Marshalls and Shanghai Noon/Knights double feature on my website.

Also sent a single width version of the Exorcist 2 disc set to DVDCA as requested...

xfilekr 05-26-03 10:33 PM

LOVE the covers for the movie and sequels (Shanghai, Rush Hour, etc) Any chance of ones for Blade and Final Destination?
Thanks!

Rammsteinfan 05-26-03 11:39 PM

I am going to be doing a Final Destination Double Feature within the next month...

I probably wont do a Blade one until the third movie comes out in a year or two...

Alien Redrum 05-27-03 01:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Very nice!

xfilekr 05-27-03 08:44 PM

SWEET!

xfilekr 05-27-03 09:29 PM

LOVIN' IT!

JLyon1515 05-28-03 03:05 PM

Nice photo on the back of the Final Destination cover. Where'd you get it from?

Rammsteinfan 05-28-03 07:05 PM

I wish I could remember, it was on my hard drive from along time ago... picked it up on the net somewhere.

Updated: Added lightning hitting the tree on the picture on the back cover.