Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

looking for cases like this DiscSox

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 12-18-11, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DiscSox look cool

is there any Asian made one that are cheap as these cost so much money when converted to nz dollars its a big rip off

was looking at these as there nice and cheap

100 x CD DVD Case Storage Holder Binding Binder Sleeve (check ebay cant post link)

but i would like to keep the dvd sleeves too

any cheap ideas ?

i have 150 dvds lying around on my desk its a mess i need to save space i would just use a cd wallet but i want to keep the dvd sleeves
Old 12-28-11, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: looking for cases like this DiscSox

I just skimmed the DiscSox site and their products look interesting, if expensive. But I would be nervous about any solution that brings the playing surface in contact with anything. Some of my movies are rare, collectible, or long out of print, and I wouldn't want to take the chance. Also sometimes the case is part of the total package, like a release circa 2000 in a heavy Alphapak case or an import movie in a weird, foreign case. I do have a couple CD wallets for data CDR's that I either don't use often or expect to be obsolete within a couple years.

Is it necessary to store the disks and covers together? Perhaps buy single or double 7mm thin cases, label them with some makeshift method, and then buy a separate, accordion-like file folder to store the covers flat, in alphabetical order?
Old 09-06-14, 10:34 PM

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,064 Posts

^ Bump ^

DiscSox look awesome and I know some people here have used them but wow, that's a lot of money for converting a 700+ CD collection.

Ideas?
Old 11-26-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been searching through as many threads as possible to find something similar, and have yet to find an ultimate solution, so any experience is appreciated. (approx. 300 DVDs)

I want to find pages that will stand upright, so I can flip through them, like you would comic books with a sleeve and cardboard backing. I am going to put all of them in an old Coca Cola crate (or 2) like this and put thin wood separators between the lines of DVDs, then put some little wheels on the bottom.

I'd like to keep the cover art as the front display, and I want each of them loose for ease of organization when I add/take away.

I've looked at slappa pages, which have the exact look that I want, but are way too expensive. The storage is for 50 DVDs, but that's if you use them front and back (can't see half of the ollection without flipping the storage box around. That's over a buck per DVD.

The discsox look very similar, but even at volume discount are 70 cents per sleeve.

There's also these Atlantic 74604729 Movie Sleeves that look like they may get the job done. They are on other sites at $11 per 25 sleeves, so about 25 cents per sleeve.

Advice? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-14, 10:21 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

DiscSox are fantastic...I usually wait for a sale and stock up.