DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   The Butterfly Effect: where are the subtitles? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/376668-butterfly-effect-where-subtitles.html)

cupon 07-25-04 09:33 PM

The Butterfly Effect: where are the subtitles?

The back of the DVD case says "English Subtitles" and "Spanish Subtitles"

My DVD remote won't allow me to switch subtitle options during playback. None of the screen or audio "setup" windows mention subtitles? The Infinifilm track does have subtitle options, but they're only for Infinifilm pop-up/info track features.

catracho 07-25-04 10:30 PM

Yes, I have the same error.

Someone have subtitles in the DVD?

nemein 07-25-04 10:45 PM

On the computer (w/ PowerDVD) there's no indication of subtitles but CC is there (done pretty sloppily too since it doesn't always clear the screen before the new caption comes up).

DanishDVDfreak 07-26-04 01:26 AM

The Butterfly Effect is an InfiniFilm, right ? If I recall correctly, Newline´s InfiniFilm doesn´t have subs other that CC. They (for some reason) only have their "fact-track" as a substitute for the subtitles...

Jackskeleton 07-26-04 01:34 AM

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS GOT PUNK'D!!!!111

sorry, I couldn't help it.

movieking 07-26-04 11:05 AM

I couldn't find any subs either, and it was a huge pissoff.

nova 07-26-04 01:29 PM

Doesn't come with any.

QuikSilver 07-26-04 02:09 PM

Yeah I couldn't find the english subtitles too. I thought there was something wrong with my player. Thank God it isn't.

victant 07-27-04 05:47 AM

This was actually pretty frustrating. I thought the subtitles would have been helpful in many of the fast-action sections.

caipirina 07-27-04 07:27 AM

I just deleted my other thread with exactly the same question ... sorry .. this thread did not come up when I did a search ...

the CC on the computer are indeed crap .. they are convientely over people's faces and my computer does not give me 5.1 sound ... and i checked my DVD player's manual .. and my TV ... but nothing there ..

i recall i had the same issue with Austin powers 3 ... another infinicrap release ... yes . they have nice extras ... but they make them really hard to find (or even impossible) ..

and english subtitle track is minimum .. and technically it is already there ... grrrr

In case of Butterfly Effect .. that opening scene when he hides under the desk, writes stuff and mumbles .. can anyone actually understand what he is saying ???
One great thing about DVDs ... SUBTITLES ... infinifilms takes us one step back !!!

CKMorpheus 07-27-04 11:04 AM

Originally posted by caipirina
I just deleted my other thread with exactly the same question ... sorry .. this thread did not come up when I did a search ...

the CC on the computer are indeed crap .. they are convientely over people's faces and my computer does not give me 5.1 sound ... and i checked my DVD player's manual .. and my TV ... but nothing there ..

i recall i had the same issue with Austin powers 3 ... another infinicrap release ... yes . they have nice extras ... but they make them really hard to find (or even impossible) ..

and english subtitle track is minimum .. and technically it is already there ... grrrr

In case of Butterfly Effect .. that opening scene when he hides under the desk, writes stuff and mumbles .. can anyone actually understand what he is saying ???
One great thing about DVDs ... SUBTITLES ... infinifilms takes us one step back !!!

If I recall, when he's speaking to himself while writing in the beginning it's crystal clear to hear exactly what he's saying.

caipirina 07-27-04 05:50 PM

Originally posted by CKMorpheus
If I recall, when he's speaking to himself while writing in the beginning it's crystal clear to hear exactly what he's saying.
the guy is being chased .. he breaks into an office, pushes a mega couch at the door, hides under the desk and is out of breath .. he also expects to die ... he is talking ANYTHING but crystal clear :)

most of the stuff I just got from looking at his bad handwriting .. :)

But here another question ...

what time should one jump in in the theatrical version to see the other ending ??? I read already on IMDB how it is different ...

monkeyboy 07-27-04 06:46 PM

Originally posted by caipirina
the guy is being chased .. he breaks into an office, pushes a mega couch at the door, hides under the desk and is out of breath .. he also expects to die ... he is talking ANYTHING but crystal clear :)

most of the stuff I just got from looking at his bad handwriting .. :)

But here another question ...

what time should one jump in in the theatrical version to see the other ending ??? I read already on IMDB how it is different ...

I don't know what time exactly, but the difference starts right when he's under the desk and starts the projector.