DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Justice League on DVD any time soon? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/375123-justice-league-dvd-any-time-soon.html)

tdilia 07-16-04 01:42 PM

Justice League on DVD any time soon?

Now that Batman Animated series was finally released, what about Cartoon Network's Justice League first season on dvd, any news?

Red Dog 07-16-04 01:53 PM

They've only been releasing individual episodes on DVD. No idea why. No news on a season set.

Mike Lowrey 07-16-04 04:41 PM

There's a new disc coming out in October that will bring up the number of Season 1 episodes to the first 15. Season 1 had 26 episodes. Star-Crossed, however, as you may know, are the final 3 episodes of Season 2.

I don't know whether to buy these single disc releases for two reasons.

1) The snapper cases they come in are soon being phased out.

2) Don't know if WB will ever break down and release a Season set.

milo bloom 07-17-04 12:57 PM

Plus, they've mostly been full frame releases. Extra animation or not, they're meant for widescreen. I can zoom them* on my WS TV and they look great.

*Amusingly enough, the new Duck Dodgers series does surprisingly well like this too.

duz 07-17-04 04:03 PM

Didn't WB say they had no plans to release season sets of JL any time soon? It was back when they announced the Batman: TAS sets I believe.

boredsilly 07-18-04 09:17 AM

Originally posted by duz
Didn't WB say they had no plans to release season sets of JL any time soon? It was back when they announced the Batman: TAS sets I believe.
Yeah that's what I read. I'm still holding out hope though. If the Batman sets sell really well I do think there is a chance that they'll release JL in season sets. That will surely piss off everyone who went through the trouble of buying the previous releases...but they can't please everybody.

Breakfast with Girls 07-18-04 10:49 AM

Next on the slate is Superman: The Animated Series.

Mike Lowrey 07-18-04 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Next on the slate is Superman: The Animated Series.
In season sets? I know there's a single disc release coming up in October.

majorjoe23 07-18-04 09:34 PM

The other Cartoon Network DVD releases seem to be doing well, you would think Justice League sets would be a no brainer.

tdilia 07-18-04 09:34 PM

I really hope WB does release JL in sets. I hate those indiv. releases. I have the first season of Batman Animated, transfer could have been a little better but it is still a great set.

TOPDAWG 07-18-04 09:59 PM

Yeah I want this myself. I also hope they don't do widesreen for the first season. It looked pretty bad like that. If I remember right the newer seasons made in widesreen right? I know the first one just had the top and bottom removed and it looked bad.

Breakfast with Girls 07-18-04 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
In season sets?
Yes.

CrashNBurn69 07-19-04 03:05 AM

how many seasons and total eps did superman have?

Inverse 07-19-04 09:27 AM

I'm sure they'll wait until they're done with the Batman and Superman TAS boxes first. No point undercutting your own market (i.e. reruns of Justice League) when you have plenty of back catalogue the fans want just as bad.