DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Night of the Living Dead (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/374863-night-living-dead.html)

RagingBull80 07-15-04 12:13 AM

Night of the Living Dead

Which version should I buy?

Millennium Edition

Special Collector's Edition

30th Anniversary Edition

Rival11 07-15-04 12:20 AM

Don't mean to sound like a jerk but there a about a million threads on this already........I messed up with this one myself ;)

But, the general consesus is to go with the Millennium Edition, it's easily the best (with the 30th anniversary edition easily being the worst).

Glad to see there's another zombie freak among us :up:

sracer 07-15-04 12:21 AM

...and just because he didn't do a search first, I'm recommending the 30th Anniversary Edition! :lol: That'll learn him.

RagingBull80 07-15-04 12:21 AM

Sorry I didn't know!

Forum Troll 07-15-04 12:22 AM

You can always download it..

You can download this movie for free at the Internet Archive. It's a public domain film now. The site has lots of other films for free download as well.

RagingBull80 07-15-04 12:26 AM

Originally posted by sracer
...and just because he didn't do a search first, I'm recommending the 30th Anniversary Edition! :lol: That'll learn him.
What am I a F-ING retard.

Mr. Salty 07-15-04 01:26 AM

Originally posted by RagingBull80
Too soon to tell.

RyoHazuki 07-15-04 02:19 AM

I saw the Millenium Edition at BB the other day. Isnt it out of print?

TomOpus 07-15-04 07:05 AM

Sorry I didn't know!
Dude! I tried to tell ya :) Alway always do a search... learn to embrace the search button. Let it be your friend... it will save a lot of grief. If you have a hard time searching (it can be a pain at times) just ask for help. Many here will help out. (Some won't be so nice, but what can ya do :) )

Originally posted by Rival11
But, the general consesus is to go with the Millennium Edition, it's easily the best (with the 30th anniversary edition easily being the worst).
:up:

End of discussion. Thread can be closed now. :D

Brain Stew 07-15-04 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Rival11
Don't mean to sound like a jerk but there a about a million threads on this already........I messed up with this one myself ;)

Glad to see there's another zombie freak among us :up:

The 30th Anniversary is far from the worst. That title goes to the $8 copy from Madacy that I bought when I was new to DVD.

Kimiakane 07-15-04 08:15 AM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
I saw the Millenium Edition at BB the other day. Isnt it out of print?
No. In fact, the manufacturers recently ran a full page ad for the DVD in VIDEO STORE magazine (the weekly trade magazine for video store owners and other industry professionals) which was a solicitation to order the Millennium edition. You should be able to find it almost anywhere very easily.

sracer 07-15-04 09:17 AM

Originally posted by Brain Stew
The 30th Anniversary is far from the worst. That title goes to the $8 copy from Madacy that I bought when I was new to DVD.
It depends upon your priorities....

If you want the original, original content and original audio soundtrack, then the Madacy disc is better. (The 30th Anniv does NOT contain the original). One version has added footage and different soundtrack, the other version has a different soundtrack.

If all you care about is video quality, then the 30th anniv is better than the Madacy.

DJLinus 07-15-04 09:39 AM

I'm considering getting the version that's coming out with Mike Nelson's commentary. The one he did for "Reefer Madness" is hilarious.

caiman 07-15-04 09:53 AM

All signs thus far are pointing to yes.

Goldblum 07-15-04 10:44 AM

The added footage of the 30th Ann. version sucks, but I actually like the new soundtrack in a way. I don't have the DVD, but this version played on one of the premium channels.