DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Where to buy single disks from TV box sets? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/373920-where-buy-single-disks-tv-box-sets.html)

mixalot007 07-09-04 08:37 AM

Where to buy single disks from TV box sets?

I recently found disks 3-6 from the queer as folk season 1 set at blockbuster. Does anyone know of another place where I might find the other two disks sold individually?

I have tried all the Blockbusters in my area as well as Movie Trading Company.

Thanks.

marty888 07-09-04 09:36 AM

That's the problem with picking up TV sets like that.

Somebody once pointed out that it's always the first few discs of a box set that get rented the most, so it's the last few discs that rent less and therefore get dumped into PPV sales.

cross 07-09-04 11:23 AM

Re: Where to buy single disks from TV box sets?

Originally posted by mixalot007
I recently found disks 3-6 from the queer as folk season 1 set at blockbuster. Does anyone know of another place where I might find the other two disks sold individually?

I have tried all the Blockbusters in my area as well as Movie Trading Company.

Thanks.

Just go back in the next few weeks and you should find the 1st two discs at Blockbuster.

BBV puts out previously viewed DVDs according to how well their rentals are doing. The more rentals each disc recieves the longer it stays on the rental shelves.

More people rent out the 1st couple of discs and many people decide that they won't continue with the series so the 1st couple discs always get rented out more than the last discs.

drjay 07-09-04 11:33 AM

I'm still looking for Six Feet Under Disc 2...surprisingly they had Disc 1, so I'm scouring all the BBVs in my area, although with the release of S2 just now, S1 rentals are probably pretty popular, grr.

El-Kabong 07-09-04 11:43 AM

I've heard that many people only rent the first couple of discs in a series. So the last discs of a series is usualy first to be dumped in the PPV bins.

Shay 07-09-04 08:28 PM

You might find broken up sets on ebay.

mzupeman2 07-11-04 05:29 AM

I'd just wait until I had the money for the whole set, I really don't trust buying DVD's that have been rented out.

seabs 07-11-04 01:27 PM

I did this once and had a heck of a hard time finding the first disc separately.

caipirina 07-11-04 07:32 PM

really tricky .. i wonder if the studios should over something like that ... e.g. a rental place here had "Taken" .. but disk one hade a defect right from the start .. and too far to bother for replacement ... would have been good to have that somewhat easily replaced ... heck .. even just for damaged disks .. like a 'send in' exchange

asianxcore 07-11-04 07:39 PM

have you tried asking the people who work there?

I am definately not a fan of buying TV sets like this, but you never know what answer you might get asking someone who works there. Maybe someone will make one P/V for you. Who Knows.