DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Mst3k Wtf? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/373343-mst3k-wtf.html)

K Tm S 07-06-04 09:57 AM

Mst3k Wtf?

edit

Noojimbo 07-06-04 10:33 AM

I thought there were problems with Santa Claus, as some guy had repurchased the rights to make a remake. Oh well, the more newer MST3K the better for the fans, even if it is a repackaging. More sets will follow is also great news.

Nocturnaloner 07-06-04 10:44 AM

Is there a chance of seeing 'Outlaw', aka 'Outlaw of Gor' on disc anytime soon?

ZackR 07-06-04 10:49 AM

As far as I'm concerned, the more MST3K we get, the better. Sure, I would prefer them not reissue an episode already available, but I am thrilled that "Santa" is getting released. :)

NaturalMystic79 07-06-04 10:58 AM

:jawdrop: A whopping 2 episodes!

wordtoyamotha 07-06-04 02:28 PM

Hmmmmmm....wonder why these wouldn't be included in another MST3K Collection set?

Oh well, the more episodes properly released, the better.

ThatGuamGuy 07-06-04 02:50 PM

Hmmmmmm....wonder why these wouldn't be included in another MST3K Collection set?
They're probably trying to figure out the best way to release them; they seem to experiment a lot with it.

For my money, I'd rather buy two for $25 (marked down to about 17-20) than 4 for $60 (even marked down to $40), because those "collections" always feel like a big purchase at $40 or so ...

But I also hate the Collections because I like to keep the seasons together, and the collections don't even distinguish between Joel and Mike episodes.

Joe Molotov 07-06-04 07:46 PM

MST3K on DVD? FYI LOL, IMO! BTW, BRB.

Just kidding, but seriously the title could have been a bit more descriptive. Anyway it's good news for me I guess since I don't have Manos yet.

caiman 07-06-04 08:26 PM

What are you guys so happy about? This is horrible news. Rhino has been great about not reissuing episodes they’ve already released, and now they're doing this bullshit. I collect every MST3K episode, so I already have Manos. I don't want to have to pay for it again in order to get Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (a great episode). Why can't they just stick with their 4-episode box sets? This is ridiculous.

Tarnower 07-07-04 05:09 AM

Originally posted by caiman
What are you guys so happy about? This is horrible news. Rhino has been great about not reissuing episodes they’ve already released, and now they're doing this bullshit. I collect every MST3K episode, so I already have Manos. I don't want to have to pay for it again in order to get Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (a great episode). Why can't they just stick with their 4-episode box sets? This is ridiculous.
I completely agree. This is a stupid-ass idea.

steebo777 07-07-04 08:43 AM

Originally posted by caiman
I completely agree as well.

scott shelton 07-07-04 09:56 AM

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
But I also hate the Collections because I like to keep the seasons together, and the collections don't even distinguish between Joel and Mike episodes.
Season sets would mean hundreds of dollars each time. And let's be honest, not everything they did was gold.

I like the 4 episode sets they were doing. Throwing MANOS back out there is a sh***y way to treat the fans.

ThatGuamGuy 07-07-04 09:59 AM

Season sets would mean hundreds of dollars each time.
You misread me, I said I like to organize them by season, not that I expect them to release them by season.

Although I have bought bootlegs off E-bay, and it was much less than $100 (though I've seen Season 3 go that high).

scott shelton 07-07-04 10:06 AM

Hell, with bootlegs, you could buy the entire series (and I mean everything they did for the show) for under $1000.

ThatGuamGuy 07-07-04 11:35 AM

Shelf space permitting, naturally ;)

Season Six took up three five-disc cases (I mixed official releases in with the boots, the boots were two to a disc) ... I'm scared to buy a set where each ep is its own disc -- I already don't have enough room for my discs.

[Just for the record, any episode they release, I'll buy, if only because the quality will be better than the bootlegs ... that said, I've been surprised at how good some of the discs look, even ones with two eps per disc.]

malbadon 07-07-04 12:13 PM

I'd buy it if it has the riffed and original movie versions of both movies. Prolly too much to hope for though.

I just can't bring myself to actually buy the original non-MST3k version of Manos, even if it is chump change. But if it just "happens" to be on this disc, well, gosh, my gal will have to sit through it with me.

ThatGuamGuy 07-07-04 12:17 PM

Will the new 'Manos' disc still have "Poopie" on it?

darkside 07-07-04 01:29 PM

I'll buy it because it is MST3K, but it is crappy news. If they at least put poopie on the new release I can sell the current Manos disc. The biggest problem is the MST3K DAP already released Santa Claus Vs. the Martians on DVD and its a pretty decent looking release. Now I have to toss that as well.

milo bloom 07-07-04 03:26 PM

I too wish they'd put this with some other unreleased material, but I'd like to get this. Is there any way to contact Rhino to ask them to reconsider? I mean they're basing these off a fan poll anyways.

onebyone 07-07-04 10:00 PM

This is depressing. I thought they were moving towards the 4 disc sets, and now this happens. I would think most MST fans have Manos because it is gold, so this is a crappy thing to do.