Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Dave Matthews Band: Live at the Gorge DVD Details?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't find anything on a search. This dvd is being sold with the double cd. Anyone know what the aspect ratio is? Sound mix?
Old 06-29-04, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
straight from davemattewsband.com...

Dave Matthews Band's THE GORGE captures highlights from DMB's legendary 2002 three night stand at one of the most magnificent venues in the country. Carved in the high basalt cliffs overlooking the Pacific Northwest's Columbia River gorge, the spectacular visual beauty combined with amazing natural acoustics has made The Gorge a special place for Dave Matthews Band and their fans. To make THE GORGE even more special, the band called upon their official fan association, The Warehouse, to help create the track listing for this one-of-a-kind release. THE GORGE is a special value 2CD/1DVD set containing over 3 hours of music and video--recorded in stereo & 5.1 audio and shot with over 20 cameras in Hi Def video. Extra DVD features include the documentary short, "A Look Inside The Gorge," "The Making of The GRACE IS GONE Video," the GRACE IS GONE video, and multi-angle coverage of ANTS MARCHING & WHAT WOULD YOU SAY. All orders of this package will be shipped in a special DVD size case.
side note: it really pisses me off that you have to buy both the 6 disc box from the site (exclusive to the website) and the retail 2CD/1DVD to get all the content. the 6 disc set contains all three shows unedited. as it says above, the 2CD/1DVD includes songs taken from all three nights as selected by the fanclub. the least they could have done is include the DVD with the 6 disc box set.
Old 06-29-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I scanned the packaging and the disc itself. No info on either that I saw. I'd pop it in and check it out for you, but I'm at work.
Old 06-29-04, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Tommy_Harn
I scanned the packaging and the disc itself. No info on either that I saw. I'd pop it in and check it out for you, but I'm at work.
Let me know Tommy!
Old 06-29-04, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by WestEndRiot
side note: it really pisses me off that you have to buy both the 6 disc box from the site (exclusive to the website) and the retail 2CD/1DVD to get all the content. the 6 disc set contains all three shows unedited. as it says above, the 2CD/1DVD includes songs taken from all three nights as selected by the fanclub. the least they could have done is include the DVD with the 6 disc box set.
I think the two sets (6-disc set and 2-disc highlights set) are put out by two seperate distributors. Thus, they can't offer the DVD with the 6-disc set.
Old 06-29-04, 02:41 PM
Retired

Here's the track listing for the DVD.

1. Gray Street
2. Ants Marching
3. Inside the Gorge (Documentary)
4. Pig
5. Dancing Nancies
6. What Would You Say?
7. Loving Wings ->Where are you Going?
8. Inside the Gorge (featuring Gravedigger)
9. Seek Up
10. Halloween
11. Tripping Billies
12. Inside the Gorge (Making the Grace is Gone video)
13. Grace is Gone (Music Video)
Old 06-29-04, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Tommy_Harn
I think the two sets (6-disc set and 2-disc highlights set) are put out by two seperate distributors. Thus, they can't offer the DVD with the 6-disc set.
whatever the case, its short-sighted and disappointing.
Old 06-30-04, 05:19 PM
Retired

I watched it last night and was quite impressed. The performance are good, the running time is just under 2 hours and it's in anamorphic wide screen and DD 5.1.

Not bad at all considering it was $15 at Best Buy for the DVD and the 2 CDs.