Friends Season 8

Old 05-29-04, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends Season 8

I just saw this at tvshowsondvd.com:

Friends - Season 8 coming in...
Posted by Gord Lacey
5/29/2004

I think I get 4-10 emails about this a day; "When is Friends season 8 being released??" I've always responded that when we get the information we'll post it to the site, so here it is...

Friends: Season 8 will be released in November! That's all the information we have at this time, but we wanted to share it with everyone. Now our mailboxes can be given a bit of a rest. We don't expect this to be officially announced until Aug/Sept.

Oh, and before anyone asks, we don't know when seasons 9 or 10 will be released, but when we hear something it will be posted on the site.

At least is coming before the end of the year.
Old 05-29-04, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,287 Likes on 936 Posts
Damn... that reminds me to get S7.

This is good news because it looks like we might be able to finish out all the seasons by next year.
Old 05-29-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cover art?
Old 05-29-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not surprised that they're waiting that long between season 7 and 8. After all the show is done and the doing great in syndication. Hopefully they don't decide to go a season a year after season 8 is released.
Old 05-29-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The 6 month wait it kindof funny, because i thought they would try to finish out the series by the end of the year (they would have just made it if they stuck with there 3 1/2 months a season)... 8 would have been july, 9 in October, 10 in Dec
Old 05-29-04, 09:36 PM

Awesome news!!! Thank you very much for the post. And yeah I would have loved if they released them as 'critterdvd' said. I wonder if they will include the broadcast and extended version of the series finale on the actual season 10 release.
Old 05-29-04, 10:31 PM

what color do U think it will be. I am hopping for yellow. I hated pink and season 6 looks so darn like season three.
Old 05-29-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

still waiting for season 10
Old 05-30-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by alex4bball
Awesome news!!! Thank you very much for the post. And yeah I would have loved if they released them as 'critterdvd' said. I wonder if they will include the broadcast and extended version of the series finale on the actual season 10 release.
I doubt it. That was the whole point of the series finale release. It specifically stated that it would be the only way to get the broadcast version. The season 10 set will only have the extended version.
Old 05-30-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am beginning to think that they will not do a yellow cover.

It might cause problems with the peep hole frame on the bottom corner.
Old 05-30-04, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will wait until 8 9 and 10 are all out and take advantage of one of those deals that BB runs when a new season is released. I got 1-6 that way for around $20 apiece. If CH has free shipping on box sets though....
Old 05-30-04, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They started to pump them out pretty fast, now we're being put on a six month hiatus? Meh, doesn't sound like great planning to me.
Old 05-30-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MovieFan999
what color do U think it will be. I am hopping for yellow. I hated pink and season 6 looks so darn like season three.
I was thinking they'd put out a yellow since season 2. Not so sure anymore. It would be nice, though.

I'm hoping for a light blue sometime...
Old 05-30-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mzupeman2
They started to pump them out pretty fast, now we're being put on a six month hiatus? Meh, doesn't sound like great planning to me.
My thoughts exactly. At the rate they were going, I was hoping all the seasons would be out this year, or at the latest, very early next year.

Wasn't there a rumor that after they filmed the finale, they filmed another episode, which took place a year or so later, that would air this Thanksgiving? If it's true, it might help explain why they're waiting until November.

Rob
Old 05-30-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the good and bad news. The good on knowing the date of release and the bad being waiting until November.
Old 05-30-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn, November is a long way away, I was hoping it would be sooner
Old 05-31-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ah well, it gives me a chance to watch all the other goodies coming out this summer in the 'Tv on DVD' realm.
Old 06-01-04, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by RobCA
Wasn't there a rumor that after they filmed the finale, they filmed another episode, which took place a year or so later, that would air this Thanksgiving? If it's true, it might help explain why they're waiting until November.

Rob
That rumor was debunked. They have also reported destroyed the sets used in the filming of the show. The last show was aptly named
Old 06-01-04, 08:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by DVD Josh
That rumor was debunked. They have also reported destroyed the sets used in the filming of the show. The last show was aptly named
Though it didn't follow the convention of the show title for all other episodes.

It should have been called something like "The One Where It Ends." Every single episode started with "The One..."

Anything that would work to follow the convention and not just The Last One

I too was wishing all seasons would be out by end of this year or maybe jan or feb of next year. I guess we will have to see how long of a wait between season 8 and 9 to determine when 10 should be out.
Old 06-01-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by Vryce
Though it didn't follow the convention of the show title for all other episodes.

It should have been called something like "The One Where It Ends." Every single episode started with "The One..."

Anything that would work to follow the convention and not just The Last One

I too was wishing all seasons would be out by end of this year or maybe jan or feb of next year. I guess we will have to see how long of a wait between season 8 and 9 to determine when 10 should be out.
You are right about the name! They changed it though. It used to be called The One Where It (All) Ends.
Old 06-01-04, 09:21 AM

I liked the title of the finale, and thought it fit in well enough with the pattern. To each their own.