DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Are you being Served? Again? summer 2004 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/361768-you-being-served-again-summer-2004-a.html)

Rammsteinfan 05-02-04 12:02 AM

Are you being Served? Again? summer 2004

I noticed on the BBC site it says the complete series is coming to DVD summer 04. Anyone heard anything yet?

From BBC America Shop:
Summer 2004
Are You Being Served? Again!: The Complete Series (DVD)
After the death of beloved department store owner, Young Mr. Grace, the staff of Grace Brothers discovers that their pension fund has been invested in a quaint country inn. Unfortunately, a clause in the contract stipulates that they cannot sell the inn and claim their money back, so Mr. Humphries, Mrs. Slocombe, Captain Peacock, Miss Brahms and Mr. Rumbold all reluctantly agree to become partners and turn the inn into a money-making venture.

NitroJMS 05-02-04 12:15 AM

Out of curiousity, is the complete original series available on DVD? I used to love watching this show when I was a kid when the local PBS station would play them every night.

etrnlevol 05-02-04 01:49 AM

I might have to keep an eye on that. I enjoyed some of the newer series.

NitroJMS, they are available, but a bit expensive. There are 2 sets which make up the whole collection or you can buy individual DVDs. The sets are: Series 1 - 5 Series 6 - 10

EPKJ 05-02-04 08:49 AM

Originally posted by NitroJMS
Out of curiousity, is the complete original series available on DVD? I used to love watching this show when I was a kid when the local PBS station would play them every night.
Yes, the complete original series is available on DVD, but it is very expensive. Also, the feature film of the original series is also available on DVD from Anchor Bay.

Greg Krewet 05-02-04 10:49 AM

It's my experience with BBCA that when they say summer they mean very late Aug or Sept. An example being Pennies from Heaven being released in July even though it is/was called a Spring release. Although I an sure it will be released as the earlier editions of AYBS are some of their strongest best selling box sets.
Best
Greg

REL77 05-02-04 12:16 PM

damn, i thought this was about the wonderful movie "You Got Served" :)

NitroJMS 05-02-04 12:40 PM

Wow, those sets are expensive. I might have to just buy the individual discs every so often to build my collection, or wait to see if DDD ever has another 50% off sale. ;)

Rooked 05-03-04 11:32 AM

On a similar topic, the second DVD set (6-10) had a preview disc of "Allo, Allo" saying that the complete set was coming soon. Was that ever released?

Megatron 05-03-04 01:09 PM

You suckas got served

mythmaker18 05-03-04 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Rooked
On a similar topic, the second DVD set (6-10) had a preview disc of "Allo, Allo" saying that the complete set was coming soon. Was that ever released?
Not the complete set, just the complete first series, which was released a couple of months ago.

Rammsteinfan 05-03-04 03:06 PM

ALLO ALLO! Was great. I got Season 1 and its really funny. I cant wait for season 2.