Search

South Park Season 4 - 6/29

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Park Season 4 - 6/29

From The Digital Bits:

"Okay... this was just too good not to post before we sign off for the week. Paramount has just announced the DVD release of South Park: The Complete Fourth Season for 6/29 (no SRP but retail is expected to be under $40). The 3-disc set will include all 17 episodes in their original full frame with Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, along with mini commentaries on each episode by series creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Here's the cover art..."

Episode listing for season 4:

The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000
The tooth fairy has visited Cartman, leaving him two dollars. He rushes to the bus stop to share his news with the others. He then unveils his latest plan. If all they all combined their lost teeth, the tooth fairy will provide them with enough cash to purchase a Sega Dreamcast.

Quintuplets 2000
The boys discover 8-year-old contorting quintuplets from Romania. Cartman decides to stage his own performance. The quintuplets and their grandmother defect from Romania and wind up staying at the Marsh's home.

Timmy 2000
There's something wrong with new student Timmy. About the only thing Timmy can do is say his name. Ignorant of the fact that Timmy is "retarded" they believe he has ADD, which relieves him of the responsibility to do any homework. Soon the rest of the class manages to get diagnosed with ADD, and all get prescribed Ritalin

Pip
This is the story of Pip's origin. Pip gets a job at the Havesham Estate where he meets Estella. She only spurns his optimism with insults. When Pip is offered the opportunity to become a gentleman he goes to London only to discover that Miss Havesham plans to break his heart.

Cartman Joins NAMBLA
Using the Internet,Cartman, makes a connection with men who love to hang out with little boys. An organization called NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association) holds a meeting in South Park and Cartman becomes their poster child.

Cherokee Hair Tampons
Kyle needs a kidney transplant and Cartman is a perfect donor. Cartman has a $10 million price for his kidney. The other boys go to Cartman's house with the plan to take one of his kidneys.

Chef Goes Nanners
Chef is declaring that South Park's flag is racist. Stan & Kyle head up the team championing the current flag, while Wendy and Cartman head up the side for a new flag. Wendy ends up confessing to Bebe of her attraction to Cartman.

Something You Can Do With Your Finger
Fingerbang" is the latest boy band starring the four boys. Randy Marsh is against Stan's participation in any boy band for dark reasons. The boys land a gig at the local mall when it is threatened because there are only 4 members in the band.

Do the Handicapped go to Hell?
The boys attend church and the priest puts the fear of hell in them. They must go to Sunday school and learn that they must confess their sins. The boys are worried about Timmy, after all, he can only say his name.

Probably
Cartman preaches and the children begin plans to build a church. Satan spends the night with Saddam. Though Satan's new lover keeps on getting killed by Saddam.

Fourth Grade
The kids have to face the 4th grade, and they're not too happy about it. Cartman cooks up a scheme to go back in time to return to the 3rd grade where things were fun and easy. Meanwhile Mr.Garrison has to come to terms with himself whether he is gay or not.

Trapper Keeper
Cartman has a new Trapper Keeper (that blows Kyle's out of the water) After he's done bragging, a stranger tells him that it will soon take over the world if they don't destroy it now.

Helen Keller! The Musical
The boys are doing their version of the Helen Keller Story and plan to beat the kindergartners show. Timmy stars as Helen Keller and gets a new friend to play with!

Fat Camp
Mrs. Cartman holds an intervention for her son's eating problem and is sending him to fat camp. Cartman returns from camp, 40 lbs. lighter. Cartman is selling candy to the fat kids. Kenny is challenged by the other children to do crazy things for money.

The Wacky Molestation Adventure
The "Raging *******" concert is on! Kyle calls the police and say his parents have been "molestering" him. Soon all the children are calling in on all the adults in South Park. Until only children live in South Park. Someone from out of town breaks down and they have the task of retrieving a book for the fat-ass.

A Very Crappy Christmas
Kyle and Ike anxiously await Mr. Hankey. When he doesn't show, Kyle calls the others for a late night emergency meeting. They find Mr. Hankey living with his alcoholic wife and their three little nuggets
Old 04-10-04, 07:18 PM
Banned

WOOT!
Old 04-10-04, 07:27 PM

Cover art looks good. I'd like to see some more commentaries.. mini's or drunken!
Old 04-10-04, 08:06 PM

Oh yes, this will be mine.
Old 04-10-04, 08:28 PM
Banned

I prefer the mini commentaries as they are to the point. I agree with Matt and Trey that dragging a commentary out with filler is pointless and boring.
Old 04-10-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice cover....i'm glad these are coming out at a decent rate
Old 04-10-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
DeepDiscountDVD has it listed for $36, so I preordered mine last week. Sweet!
Old 04-10-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SWEET!
Old 04-10-04, 09:39 PM

Timmy!
Old 04-10-04, 10:15 PM

YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.....
Old 04-10-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Trinitron
Timmy!

i coudlnt have said it better my self
Old 04-10-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm hoping Bestbuy can get a promo disk of the originally planned quintuplets 2000. I remember reading the previews for the show saying cartman falls in love with one of the girls, but it was switched because of elian gonzalez.
Old 04-10-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait!
Old 04-10-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by EPKJ
I prefer the mini commentaries as they are to the point. I agree with Matt and Trey that dragging a commentary out with filler is pointless and boring.
I don't. I loved Matt & Trey's 1st Season commentaries, and those were full. But the Mini's are better than nothing I suppose.
Old 04-10-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
"Pip" is one of their more surreal and brilliant episodes, and there's quite a few others I missed. Keep 'em coming Paramount.
Old 04-11-04, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kickass!
Old 04-11-04, 01:55 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't wait for this one to come out.
Old 04-11-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woo hoo
Old 04-11-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this whole season kicks ass, this is when they started to get REALLY good......CHEERS!!
Old 04-11-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mini commentaries are better than nothing, but I really would like full commentaries too.

This season is when South Park REALLY started to get good!

TIMMY!
Old 04-11-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by milo bloom
"Pip" is one of their more surreal and brilliant episodes, and there's quite a few others I missed. Keep 'em coming Paramount.
Really, I always thought that 'Pip' was one of their worst episodes. It's been awhile since I've seen it, should probably watch it again.
Old 04-11-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally posted by MasterCXtreme
I don't. I loved Matt & Trey's 1st Season commentaries, and those were full. But the Mini's are better than nothing I suppose.
all the commentaries were full but Cartman ate part of them
Old 04-12-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait for this. I love that cover art.

The mini commentaries are much better than nothing and in most cases sufficient. I enjoyed the first season full commentaries but I could tell they had trouble finding things to talk about. They usually just started telling strange stories which I still enjoyed.