Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

What can't they put together a "Titanic" Titanic Edition or something like that?

What can't they put together a "Titanic" Titanic Edition or something like that?

Old 03-31-04, 07:00 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I mean if any movie needs to get a grandeous special edition I think it should be this. I didn't think it was the best movie ever made or anything like that, but I would like something more than the barebones release that I have and that is out there. Something with DTS, perhaps some restored footage if there is anything. Anything ever been said or talked about in reference?
Old 03-31-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah , no kidding. I'm sure there are volumes of material out there on production, history, so on and so forth. Not to mention the music video which I want so badly (yeah, sure). I mean...I heard this movie was kinda popular...I think it did fairly decently at the box office.
Old 03-31-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do a search Scott, you'll find some information.

I read that Cameron has enough footage of the sinking alone to make it's own movie (90+ minutes). I think that the original cut was close to 5 hours long.
Old 03-31-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They are totally going to do this... have no fear. I'm sure that Cameron is just waiting until the 'backlash' that the film has achieved dies down.

2007 probably makes sense -- enough time will have passed for people to be willing to revisit, you have an anniversary to celebrate, and the percentage of DVD owners with this title will actually be somewhat low compared to a few years ago (this is not considered a 'must buy' title for new DVD owners).
Old 03-31-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Josh
I read that Cameron has enough footage of the sinking alone to make it's own movie (90+ minutes). I think that the original cut was close to 5 hours long.
Put the #[email protected]%ing bullet in my head NOW!
Old 03-31-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Abob Teff
You do realize you don't HAVE to buy it right?

And I apologize if that post was sarcastic.
Old 03-31-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think he said that most of the extra footage was of the pair falling in love, Jack's interactions with the rest of the passengers, and of course, the sinking.
Old 03-31-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal-El
You do realize you don't HAVE to buy it right?

And I apologize if that post was sarcastic.
Oh, exquuuuuuse me while I add a dash of sarcasm here! I was under the impression that the Patriot Act along with the military- industrial complex were making sure that I and I ALONE would be required to purchase it. Thank you for pointing out my paranoid delusions to the rest of the world. Next time can we just keep our dirty laundary between us? Damn.

Sigh of relief.

Old 03-31-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DVD Josh

I think he said that most of the extra footage was of the pair falling in love, Jack's interactions with the rest of the passengers, and of course, the sinking.
Would that be the sinking feeling I get when I think of a longer version of Titanic? (Fun with smilies!)
Old 03-31-04, 08:16 PM

Oh, exquuuuuuse me while I add a dash of sarcasm here! I was under the impression that the Patriot Act along with the military- industrial complex were making sure that I and I ALONE would be required to purchase it. Thank you for pointing out my paranoid delusions to the rest of the world. Next time can we just keep our dirty laundary between us? Damn.

Sigh of relief.

Wow! What a jerk! If you go into a thread and crap on it, then you get what you deserve. You made an obnoxious remark, and got called out on it. So take your medicine like a big boy and stop with the threadcrapping. If I went into a thread where people were anticipating a release of a particular movie and I slammed it, then I would deserve to be called out on it. Sheesh!
Old 03-31-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-31-04, 08:30 PM
Suspended

Longer version of the boring and trite Love Story?

Longer version of the story in around the sinking of the Titanic, the historical figures onboard, and the events leading up to and after the sinking?

The story was rather average, and kind of limped along. I could take it or leave it. The setting, however is facinating beyond measure. The art direction, the recreation of the ship, the detail was really got my historical side Mojo working.

So more doumentary, less Leo and Kate please.

Last edited by El-Kabong; 03-31-04 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-31-04, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man, I would LOVE an extended super release of this movie. I still love this movie, I don't care about the backlash. I only hope Cameron puts out the extended cut one day. THE day that happens, I will be buying it. Folks may be laughing and pointing at me in line, but I don't care.
Old 03-31-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Would that be the sinking feeling I get when I think of a longer version of Titanic? (Fun with smilies!)
That's the same feeling I get when I know there are extended cuts of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Old 03-31-04, 11:39 PM
Suspended

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

I don't want any extended versions!

I can't stand this movie.. period.
Old 03-31-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Regurgitator
Noooooooooooooooooooo...

Then again I say, don't buy it.
Old 04-01-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to the UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST thread, this may be coming out this year. It's listed as an widescreen SE, and possibly a director's cut. Personally, I enjoyed this movie and think that a better release would be ho-kicking.
Old 04-01-04, 12:12 AM

Sweet! I want a Titanic SE and a Batman SE. I purposefully haven't bought either in hopes of the SE's.
Old 04-01-04, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I remember reading about a rumored SE in the 4th quarter. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff they could put on it. Heck, in 1998, a three or four disc computer program was made that is all behind the scenes and extra stuff from the film. Called Titanic Explorer or something, and it even had deleted scenes from the film (it was all the historical information that was shortened for the final cut).
Old 04-01-04, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Longer version of the boring and trite Love Story?

Longer version of the story in around the sinking of the Titanic, the historical figures onboard, and the events leading up to and after the sinking?

The story was rather average, and kind of limped along. I could take it or leave it. The setting, however is facinating beyond measure. The art direction, the recreation of the ship, the detail was really got my historical side Mojo working.

So more doumentary, less Leo and Kate please.
El-K, sounds like the release "Ghosts of the Abyss" is what you are looking for. It's essentially just that.
Old 04-01-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Mr. Cinema
That's the same feeling I get when I know there are extended cuts of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Your post was 90 minutes early for April's Fools.
Old 04-01-04, 08:37 AM

Location: on the warhead of a Topol-M ready for a long journey
Originally posted by Regurgitator
Noooooooooooooooooooo...

Who gives a heck if you stand it or not?

Originally posted by bboisvert
2007 probably makes sense -- enough time will have passed for people to be willing to revisit, you have an anniversary to celebrate, and the percentage of DVD owners with this title will actually be somewhat low compared to a few years ago (this is not considered a 'must buy' title for new DVD owners).
To me 2004 makes more sense than 2007. As far as the current release is concerned, it is just a shame for this movie. But of course we should also take into consideration that it was released back in 1999 and was probably normal for that time. But now it should be revisited. I say if we get 3 or 4 releases of Independence day, why shouldn't Titanic deserve at least one decent release? Is it important to celebrate an anniversary? I'd celebrate it right now if I got a decent DVD with anamorphic picture and DTS.
Old 04-01-04, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too would love to see a 'Titanic' version of this DVD released - I'd buy it for sure!
Old 04-01-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I keep hoping that the rumors of a 2D SE are indeed true.

Long, long overdue.
Old 04-01-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Sounds like someone ought to check out the Criterion A Night to Remember. Fantastic movie w/great extra features!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.