ST: Voyager s1 "6th" disc ?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-04, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased a new copy of Star Trek: Voyager season one from a seller on Half.com and watched the episodes last week. I discovered a sixth disc housed in a paper sleeve wedged between the outer plastic case and the outer paper insert.

I hardly looked at the disc and then handed it over to a coworker for her to view at home. I seem to recall it having 10 or 11 minutes of footage from some ride or "experience" at a Star Trek exhibit in Las Vegas, or something like that and this coworker friend of mine has been to that exhibit many times, so I figured she'd get a kick out of it.

Well, it turns out that my coworker lost the disc without ever watching it.

What's on this disc? Also, is this sixth disc the Best Buy exclusive or is a sixth disc provided by Paramount attached to all season one sets? Since I purchased from Half.com, I don't know where my set originated from.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You seem to already have all of the facts. The content is exactly as you describe. And it is a Best Buy exclusive.
Old 03-25-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mighty convenient that your coworker only wanted to borrow this bonus disc and then all of a sudden "lost" it.
Old 03-25-04, 12:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks to all for confirming that bonus disc.

Originally posted by darmok
mighty convenient that your coworker only wanted to borrow this bonus disc and then all of a sudden "lost" it.
All along I had suspected that it was a Best Buy bonus disc, but wasn't sure. However, before I loaned it to her I mentioned that it was a BB disc and that I could get $20-30 for it on eBay (I don't care to own it), so that was my plan. When she came to me with the news that she had lost it, she felt horrible and gave me $30 as compensation. I refused to accept it thinking she'd stumble across the disc when cleaning her home in the future, but she's a stubborn gal and insisted I take it. I've tucked the money away for safekeeping, expecting to return it when she eventually finds the disc.

I don't think they sell for more than $30 on eBay, so I truly believe she simply lost it. If there was scheming on her part, hey, I just made 30 bucks for something I was going to sell on eBay, only without the hassle of doing so. That reduces my $66 season one set to $36, what it should have cost in the first place.
Old 03-29-04, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish everyone who borrowed DVDs was as considerate as your friend. Most of the time I bet the response would be, "What sixth dvd?!? Are you sure you gave it to me?" Also, if it's any consolation, the bonus is just a promo fluff piece for the vegas expo. It's not like the other past bonus dvds where they had some substantive interviews or featurettes, but even that is debatable on whether it's worth keeping.