Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 4

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 4

Old 05-05-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by boredsilly
palebluedot very classy setup. So fresh and so clean.
Thanks. I try to keep it simple these days.

Originally posted by silent
This, sir, is simply
It really makes me reconsider going for a vacation to Aus early next year
Australia is a wonderfully beautiful place, the only bad thing is the trip from the US here (count on at least 20 hours). If you do a trip I highly suggest Cairns which is about a days trip North of Sydney. It is on the Great Barrier Reef.

Originally posted by RockyMtnBri
palebluedot...
Man, if that picture was any bigger I'd swipe it and make it my desktop background! Go Australia!!
Yeah I lucked out on the place...got into a bidding war...but in the end it was worth it. I like walking out my front door and I'm on the beach.
Old 05-05-04, 05:01 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Palebluedot, a nice setup and a much nicer balcany view. Do you prefer R1 DVDs over R4? It seems that your collection consists of lots of R1.

Looking at that beach view, I surely missed Australia...
Old 05-05-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by eau
Palebluedot, a nice setup and a much nicer balcany view. Do you prefer R1 DVDs over R4? It seems that your collection consists of lots of R1.

Looking at that beach view, I surely missed Australia...
99% of my collection is R1 because I am from the US. I actually have not purchased any DVDs here yet but there are some nice ones that seem to be exclusive here so I may check them out.
Old 05-05-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
Nice setup Mr. Dot (Mr. Bluedot?)

Damn, this is why I don't post a pic of my setup. Compared to some of these systems, I feel like it's an AM radio... with a half-dead battery.

But if I had the means, I'd have one of these nice setups myself
Old 05-06-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TomOpus...

Post, post, post!
Old 05-06-04, 07:11 PM

Ok, so I wouldn't call it a HT, but heres my stuff.
Im a student so im on a pretty limited budget, and i've only been REALLY collecting DVDs since like January, before I just bought rarely.
I also dont have much room for a huge tv cabnet, I fit my bed 3 racks (ht area) and a drum kit in the one room

My TV is a 28" Bush CTV
I got it 2 days ago, and im totally amazed! Im now even more behind widescreen lol, my old 14" FS portable kinda sucked

"Two Pints Of Larger, And A Packet Of Crisps" On TV.

Some Snowboarding movie on the extreme chanel..

my collection :x (the old vhs are of shows that haven't yet come to dvd, I cant part with them )

Kill Bill

Finding Nemo

You may also notice the white shelf has a bunch of VHS on, well they are my wrestling masters.. 97% stuff that wont be brought to DVD, cause they are ecw wcw or wwf.
Old 05-06-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bodomnet
You may also notice the white shelf has a bunch of VHS on, well they are my wrestling masters.. 97% stuff that wont be brought to DVD, cause they are ecw wcw or wwf.
Definatly dude, I keep all my wrestling stuff (The great old Colusium Video stuff) kept in a secret place......stuff like The Best of Demolition or some of the early non Wrestlemania ppvs will never make it to dvd......ECW stuff especially!!
Old 05-06-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by bodomnet
That white curtain is the perfect girlie touch.

That floor shelving is pretty nifty and nice TV dude.
Old 05-06-04, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by demonio
The Best of Demolition
must find, must buy, must watch over and over
Old 05-06-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know why I took so long to post pics of mine, but here they are. I was using this shitty wide angle lens on my camera, and it appears that it makes everything kind of blurry, so excuse that please. Place isn't the cleanest either, but ohwell. DVD case is missing about 10 dvds currently with my buddy.

Specifics:
  • PROJECTOR: Infocus X1 Multimedia HT projector (Flashed to Screenplay 4800.)
  • RECEIVER: Pioneer VSX-811S 6.1 DTSes/DDex, DPL2, 7.1 Pre-outs.
  • DVD PLAYER: Pioneer DV-563A SACD/DVD-A, Progressive Scan
  • SPEAKERS: Pioneer 100W 6pc 2-way system + 100W 8" subwoofer.
  • SCREEN: Homemade wide screen. Built with 2x2s from Home Depot and Jo-anns Blackout cloth. Lined with Rose brand Duvetyne FR black fabric (to absorb stray light.) Screen is approximately 73 inches wide with an aspect ratio of 1.78:1.
  • WIRING: ~150ft of RCA 12g speaker wire.
  • INTERCONNECTS: Acoustic Research all around.

COMPUTER:
  • Asus A7n8x-Deluxe v2.0 Motherboard (onboard dual gigabit lan and Nforce Digital audio)
  • AMD Athlon XP2100+ overclocked to XP3500+ Speeds (11.5 multiplier by 209mhz)
  • 512mb Corsair XMS CL2 2-2-2-6 Ram
  • Radeon 9700 overclocked past PRO speeds
  • Yamaha YZF1 44x Burner (in USB2.0 external shell)
  • Sony DRU530A 8x DVD Burner
  • Teac 16x DVD Rom
  • 80gig Western Digital ATA100 Primary HD
  • 48gig IBM Deskstar ATA100 Secondary HD
  • Viewsonic 19" Ultrabrite E90f+SB monitor
  • Logitech Z640 5.1 Speaker system

DVD player--->Component--->Infocus VESA Adapter--->X1

DVD Player--->Digital Coax--->Receiver

DVD Player--->5.1 Preouts--->Receiver

Computer Nforce2 SPDIFout--->Digital Coax--->Receiver

Computer Radeon 9700 Pro secondary--->15ft Shielded cable--->Infocus VESA Adapter--->X1

Not so bad for a 21 year old College student I suppose. It works well with my studio here, though it is a bit cramped as I keep buying more crap.

Next upgrade is a set of HTD level 3 speakers (plus an extra center.) After that will be a Harmon/Kardon AVR630 or AVR7200 receiver.

Last edited by Ergyu; 05-21-04 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-07-04, 07:14 AM

Ergyu: Wow, that's a really nice set-up. The bed by the screen gave me kinky ideas though...

A little off-topic: Aww, you're cat is adorable! I immediately noticed the cat toy on the first pic (or at least I thought it was a cat toy) and meant to ask you if you had a cat, but then I saw the last pic and AWW... It's so cute.
Old 05-07-04, 09:00 AM

Ergyu, you have a lot of windows in that room!
Old 05-07-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
As long as they can be covered to block out light correctly, there's nothing wrong with them.
Old 05-07-04, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
That white curtain is the perfect girlie touch.

That floor shelving is pretty nifty and nice TV dude.
haha, no time to worry about crap like net curtains :P

Yeah, Ill never get rid of my old videos, I still buy them now :P
Old 05-07-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Andie
Ergyu: Wow, that's a really nice set-up. The bed by the screen gave me kinky ideas though...

A little off-topic: Aww, you're cat is adorable! I immediately noticed the cat toy on the first pic (or at least I thought it was a cat toy) and meant to ask you if you had a cat, but then I saw the last pic and AWW... It's so cute.

Hehe thanks! Ya, her name is Neenja, she's a crazy lil cat.

DVD-ho78(dts): Yep, there's even one more window too. Pretty much all the walls have light shining through, which makes it rough to try to watch anything during the day. I'm probably moving soon, when I do I'll buy black out cloth for any windows the new place happens to have also.
Old 05-07-04, 09:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Ergyu

Not so bad for a 21 year old College student I suppose. It works well with my studio here, though it is a bit cramped as I keep buying more crap.

Next upgrade is a set of HTD level 3 speakers (plus an extra center.) After that will be a Harmon/Kardon AVR630 or AVR7200 receiver. [/B]
I know your pain....i know your pain. I live in a 3 bedroom place with 4 other guys; we have a little setup in the living room but its crap. I dont want my roommates to mess with my setup so i keep it in my room. I cant wait for the summer to get my own place. I'll post some pictures when i get my system set up again.
  • Panny 32" TV
  • Sony STR-DE895
  • Panny DVD-S35
  • Yamaha NS-P436

I also have a little 4.1 Klipch ProMedia setup for my comp. Modest but it gets the job done.
Old 05-07-04, 11:03 PM

Ergyu, so how does that setup work when you want to watch tv? Am i reading your post right that your cable goes into the dvd player which goes into the projector so you project your tv?
Old 05-08-04, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ergyu, that's a nice setup. I'm hoping that next year (when I turn 21) I'll have gotten that exact projector, and hopefully also built a kegerator, heh. I've read alot of good reviews on the X1, and it's currently #1 on my list of ones to buy; how do you like it? Also what is Screenplay 4800? And for one final question...what the hell kind of cooling do you use on your CPU...that's one hefty overclocking job!
Old 05-08-04, 11:48 PM

My contributions:

The entertainment center was completely self-built from scratch, based on the flexy-rack principle.

Components:
Pioneer VSX-409 DD/DTS 5.1 receiver
Panasonic CT-27G7 27in TV
JVC HR-XVC25U dual VCR/prog-scan DVD player
TeJch(?) DVD/Karaoke player
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 bookshelf speakers (L/R/center)
KLH L853B bookshelf speakers (rears)
Sony SA-WM40 subwoofer
self-built PIII-550 HTPC (mostly used as MP3 jukebox)
Old 05-09-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Phyre
Ergyu, so how does that setup work when you want to watch tv? Am i reading your post right that your cable goes into the dvd player which goes into the projector so you project your tv?

I don't watch tv. What I was trying to say was the source connections for each. I was saying the DVD player is connected to the projector via the component cable and Digital Coax for audio.

I did buy a TV tuner for my computer and tried that out for a coupld weeks, but I get really bad reception where I live (base of a mountain, but in the middle of the city.) It wasn't worth the 100 bucks I spent on it so I returned it. I never really watched a lot of tv before anyway, so I don't really miss it.

Eventually if I am interested, I'll get an HDTV tuner and antenna for it, but for right now, I don't really mind.

Originally posted by drjay
Ergyu, that's a nice setup. I'm hoping that next year (when I turn 21) I'll have gotten that exact projector, and hopefully also built a kegerator, heh. I've read alot of good reviews on the X1, and it's currently #1 on my list of ones to buy; how do you like it? Also what is Screenplay 4800? And for one final question...what the hell kind of cooling do you use on your CPU...that's one hefty overclocking job!
I really enjoy the X1. I read a lot of stuff about it and the Z1 and Benq 6200 before I bought it, and they all seemed equal enough that I just went with the one that was easiest to find. They each have their highs and lows though. For a first projector though, it's definitely great. I do wish it was a 16:9 native projector, if just so I didn't have to use that black masking, but it's not that big of a deal.

Computer wise, I think I'm using a Coolermaster Hvac81 cooler on the cpu, in conjunction with 4 80mm Coolermaster fans on the case. 2 intake 2 exhaust. The Videocard is using the Thermaltake Giant2 Heat pipe cooler, as well as a secondary exhaust fan right below it that sticks above a PCI slot. When it got real hot last summer I did have to notch the speed down a little bit, but other than that I haven't had any problems.
Old 05-09-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, the Screenplay 4800 is the same thing as an X1 basically, but it's marketed as a home theater projector instead of a business model. The only difference is the remote and it has a slightly better Gamma curve in regards to the picture.

symaxwell: I'm about to move out with my first room mate and am worried about the same stuff. He's responsible and stuff, so I hope everything will be ok, but there was a time when we were thinking of getting a house with like 5 people total, and that's when I was getting scared.
Old 05-09-04, 08:35 PM

Ergyu, is that a Takamine you got there?
Old 05-10-04, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by greendaynfg
Ergyu, is that a Takamine you got there?
No, unfortunately not. It's a Ventura, whatever that is. It was my first guitar. If it's any consolidation, the one in the middle is made of solid 6065 aluminum.
Old 05-10-04, 03:18 PM

Ok here's my stuff...

Wide shot of my TV and equiptment...

Here's a closer one of the TV and some shameless selfpromoting on my part...

Sony DVD Recorder (RDR-GX7)

Rack of stuff... (DVD Player, Main VCR, LD Player, Cable Box)

PS2...

Last edited by mikewendt; 06-03-04 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-10-04, 03:20 PM

Here's my secondary VCR wired into the TV & Computer...

My computer... With more of the selfpromoting.

Last edited by mikewendt; 06-03-04 at 10:12 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.