Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 4

Old 05-03-04, 02:38 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

fone bone, you got a lots of anime DVDs piled up on the floor, and it looks like you're an Evangelion fan

Btw, what brand/model is your plasma?
Old 05-03-04, 05:51 AM

It's just a few wires, it looks fine.
Old 05-03-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by eau
fone bone, you got a lots of anime DVDs piled up on the floor, and it looks like you're an Evangelion fan
No, no, no! He's supposed to put the anime in the shelves, and pile the Hollywood stuff...
Old 05-03-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I FINALLY got the grey metallic bookshelves from IKEA, and boy were they large and heavy! Yesterday, after two aborted attempts to get them over the past 5 weeks, I finally took my car to Houston and fortunately they fit! I have a 1995 Neon with fold-down seats, and they just made it width-wise. They stuck out of the trunk a little so I just secured them with cord. For anyone interested in picking them up, the carton is 80 inches by 31 inches by 2 inches, and weighs 80 pounds!

I assembled them pretty quickly last night and put them in place, and put the rubberized shelf pegs in the holes. Today I'm going to clean off the 12 glass shelves I got for them, and put my DVDs in. My estimate (based on other's photos) is that they'll hold 400 DVDs each, so that's the majority of my collection. There are some other things I need to move around (pictures and figures) and I have to vacuum, but after that this project will be done!
Old 05-03-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RockyMtnBri
Today I'm going to clean off the 12 glass shelves I got for them, and put my DVDs in. My estimate (based on other's photos) is that they'll hold 400 DVDs each, so that's the majority of my collection. There are some other things I need to move around (pictures and figures) and I have to vacuum, but after that this project will be done!
...and surely you'll be posting a picture of the new setup, yes?
Old 05-03-04, 01:45 PM

Sooooo... you have a massively expensive setup for your movies and such... yet you drive a 95 Neon?
Old 05-03-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ignition
Sooooo... you have a massively expensive setup for your movies and such... yet you drive a 95 Neon?
He's got the correct priorities
Old 05-03-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bored...

I wish, but my camera's busted.

ignition...

Yeah, so? My car is merely a vehicular contrivance that gets me from point A to point B.

steebo...

Right on the money!
Old 05-03-04, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Great pics guys. Keep 'em coming.
Old 05-03-04, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by eau

Btw, what brand/model is your plasma?
eau, yeah, I've been working on increasing my anime collection recently and I ran out of shelf space thus the reason you see it piled on the floor . And yeah I'm an Evangelion fan.. I know some think it's overrated but it's still one of my favs. The EVA Unit-01 model on the computer was an experiment of mine to teach myself how to use an airbrush. It doesn't look all that great but I guess it's ok for a first attempt.

The plasma is a Panasonic, model TH-42PHD5UY. I've had it for over a year now and love it. Of course I upgraded from a 10 year old 25" RCA that was on its last leg so anything would have been an improvement over that
Old 05-03-04, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

fone bone I have the same plasma as you and yes, it is a great television.

matter of fact, i liked it so much i bought the Panasonic TH42PA20U this weekend for my bedroom because it was price dropped to $3499.
Old 05-03-04, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
No, no, no! He's supposed to put the anime in the shelves, and pile the Hollywood stuff...
Haha, I agree with you. It's just most of the anime are newer purchases so the shelf space was already taken. I'm planning on getting another rack devoted to just anime but I'm still deciding if I should get a matching penguin rack or a different kind...
Old 05-03-04, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by ukywyldcat
fone bone I have the same plasma as you and yes, it is a great television.

matter of fact, i liked it so much i bought the Panasonic TH42PA20U this weekend for my bedroom because it was price dropped to $3499.
Cool ukywyldcat, how do you like the TH42PA20U? I'll eventually be getting another one for my bedroom (after I get my house), but am still deciding if I want to buy a larger 50"+ for the living room and move the 42" to my bedroom, or leave it there and get another 42" or smaller for my bedroom.
Old 05-03-04, 06:04 PM

I have not seen the TH42PA20U yet. I went around town trying to find one on display and nobody had them out.

I bought mine at CC and received 18 months same as cash, and they came down $400 on the 5 year insurance, which I hate buying but I KNOW it pays off because I had an expensive Sony TV crap out a year ago, providing me a full refund I used towards the first plasma.

I'm taking delivery either Wednesday or Sunday. I'll post a pic when its mounted, but am not sure if mounting will occur when delivered.

These are great TVs for the price and get rave reviews all over the net. I like your set up...mine is here...even though I did post this somewhere before...:

Old 05-03-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The project is finished! When I get around to getting another camera I will post. The IKEA grey metallic shelves look fantastic and work with my entertainment furniture. Plus the glass shelves make it look classy!! It's just so doggone TALL!
Old 05-03-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have not seen the TH42PA20U yet. I went around town trying to find one on display and nobody had them out....

Ahhh, I notice you have that bouncy chair to the right of your TV. Is this your first kid? Cuz, you are going to have an amazing amount of greasy handprints on that beautiful TV once that kid starts walking. Salut!
Old 05-04-04, 09:58 AM

I'm working on child-proofing strategies already. Found a great cabinet that we think will keep her fingers off the buttons of the equipment, and likely going to mount the TV on the wall.

But yes, she is our first child and it won't be long before she's pawing at this television. It is amazing how attracted she is to this television.
Old 05-04-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

But yes, she is our first child and it won't be long before she's pawing at this television. It is amazing how attracted she is to this television.
She's not the only one!
Old 05-04-04, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by steebo777
Here's my stuff. Click on my sig link for more pics of everything.

DVDs:

Front of theater:

Speakers topless:

I envy you
Old 05-05-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is a great thread so I thougft I would contribute.

From the front...

...Looking back...

...and the DVDs...

Equipment:
Samsung SP50L2 50" LCD
Onkyo TX-NR801 Receiver
Sony DVPNS730 All region DVD player
Pioneer DV-667A DVD/DVD-A/SACD player
Tannoy System 800 Dual Concentric Speakers x 5
ACI Titan Sub

I am in serious need of some new speaker stands and DVD storage racks...but just haven't gotten to them yet...and yes I know DVDs stacked on each other makes baby jesus cry.

It's a great system but these days I tend to watch the home theater off of my balcony (view from the balcony)
Old 05-05-04, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by palebluedot
It's a great system but these days I tend to watch the home theater off of my balcony (view from the balcony)
Old 05-05-04, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by SINGLE104
I envy you
Why thank you
I, on the other hand, envy palebluedot's view off of his balcony.
Old 05-05-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

palebluedot very classy setup. So fresh and so clean.
Old 05-05-04, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by palebluedot
This, sir, is simply
It really makes me reconsider going for a vacation to Aus early next year
Old 05-05-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

palebluedot...

Man, if that picture was any bigger I'd swipe it and make it my desktop background! Go Australia!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.