DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   DVDPROFILER is Back ON!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/351947-dvdprofiler-back.html)

pro-bassoonist 03-09-04 10:29 PM

DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

Try out yours OR click on someone else's collection to see better results...works VERY FAST and from what I can see many of the images look quite a bit better.

I like it A LOT!!

Pro-B

(if this news has been posted I will delete the thread)

Sonicflood 03-09-04 10:40 PM

2.2.0 Build 743 is no different for me. I'm d/l build 744 & will report back.

Sonicflood

UPDATE: Build 744 does in fact run faster. No image quality difference though. Faster = Good! :thumbsup:

Andrea 03-09-04 10:43 PM

"My Profiler online collections are coming online now. All collections have been restored up to the time of the failure. In order to prevent overloading the server, we're bringing collections online in groups, going in alphabetical order by user alias."

RobCA 03-09-04 10:46 PM

Re: DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
Try out yours OR click on someone else's collection to see better results...works VERY FAST and from what I can see many of the images look quite a bit better.
I tried to check out your collection, but it says it's private?

Rob

pro-bassoonist 03-09-04 10:49 PM

because I have been so busy finishing my dissertation (final exam is in April)....

I have taken a note though....will have it updated as soon as I relocate back to Chicago.

Cheers,
Pro-B

TomOpus 03-09-04 11:18 PM

:banana:

At least now I have DVDAf as a backup.

JoeyOhhhh 03-09-04 11:48 PM

I dont remember having to do a test in order to add to DVD Profiler's database.

I guess they did a major overhaul, and are preventing bad submissions and bootleg ones.

talemyn 03-09-04 11:59 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
:banana:

At least now I have DVDAf as a backup.

So was setting it as fast as fast as we said it would be?

jough 03-10-04 12:01 AM

Still can't connect to download the new Online Profile List, but at least the user accounts work again.

And it only took them two weeks. ;)

JoeyOhhhh 03-10-04 12:04 AM

Originally posted by jough
Still can't connect to download the new Online Profile List, but at least the user accounts work again.

And it only took them two weeks. ;)

I was able to, but that was before I installed the newest version

jough 03-10-04 12:07 AM

Ah, and images are taking about 3 minutes apiece to download.

But still, it's progress.

Grabastic 03-10-04 12:15 AM

i still can't submit new DVDs. i keep getting an internal server error.

jough 03-10-04 12:39 AM

Yeah, they're probably still working things out, getting stuff online and running.

Well, we've waited this long - what's another couple weeks?

victant 03-10-04 04:28 AM

It's running much faster for me. I added 7 dvd's to my collection, and it dl'd the info, with the images, in about a minute.

:up:

mikewendt 03-10-04 08:54 AM

I can build my collection, but still can't upload and my collection isn't loading online.

Bolt 03-10-04 09:50 AM

Web site was crawling for me ... but seems to be getting faster as time moves on.

bodomnet 03-10-04 09:51 AM

very slow for me, also cant update my list or sumbit new titles.

pro-bassoonist 03-10-04 10:00 AM

well, this morning everything runs super fast for me.....so far so good.

mookiemeister 03-10-04 10:25 AM

I'm able to upload my collection to the server, but still unable to contribute a new title to the server.

tenaciousdave 03-10-04 10:25 AM

I still can't add Chappelle's Show... and my collection is still down.

succubiss 03-10-04 11:45 AM

hmm, it said I need to decrease my upload size by 3% or pay for a premium registration... is there a cap on dvds?

i now have 619.

Randy810 03-10-04 11:51 AM

I have over 1500 and never received such a notice. When able I would email them asking about it. Until then ignore it.

pro-bassoonist 03-10-04 12:19 PM

Originally posted by succubiss
hmm, it said I need to decrease my upload size by 3% or pay for a premium registration... is there a cap on dvds?

i now have 619.

probably many of your titles are "locked" which somewhat limits the amount of space you could utilize. Update some of them and....problem solved.

As to contributing new titles....it has been mentioned already that the system is currently "block-updating" all files that were available prior to the crash (or whatever the nature of the issue was).

There are many international "profilers" that are still locked as well. I think that the update is on a wave-like route that will systematically reach the remainder of the database.

So far from what I have seen it looks much better. If you are looking to upload more titles however I think that you will have to wait until the update is complete.

Pro-B

jough 03-10-04 12:45 PM

I think they put a limit on Kbs, not discs.

davidvp 03-10-04 06:24 PM

hmm, it said I need to decrease my upload size by 3% or pay for a premium registration... is there a cap on dvds? I now have 619.
I've been waiting for somebody else to occupy the same (sinking) rowboat that I occupy currently.

I, too, have (multiple times) received the dreaded "file size must be reduced" message. Can't upload anything. And I have no "locked" titles...never did. I've "refreshed profiles", and have added only 2 new titles since the Profiler "Crash".

I'm guessing that, post-crash, they've decided to reduce the allowable FREE file size for us cheapskates. :(

Too bad.