Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

You guys are making a C- C- C- (I can't say it! I can't! I can't!)

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A . . . a . . .
Old 02-27-04, 03:21 PM

A Collector
out of me LOL!

Get me out of here! I'm starting to . . . to . . . admire my DVD collection! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And those of you who have read my other posts know that I am first and foremost a book collector, as if that wasn't a bad enough addiction.

I blame Columbia House for this LOL! Please! No more 7.48 deals! That was not good enough of course — I had to take advantage of the 20% sale at DDD. The Warner Brothers $3.25 Special Edition. The free Pirates of the Carribean survey. Woe to me! Somewhere William Faulkner is shaking his head at how low I have fallen! LOL

I was . . . I was just going to get my 8 at Columbia House and then be a good girl and close it out. Right? I mean, I don't need more than a handful of classics. After all, I have books that are on my list, and they are going begging while Columbia House is rapidly going to force me to clear . . . no! I can't say it! Please!
A bookshelf

I'm . . . I'm categorizing them by studio LOL!
Next it will be Criterions LOL!
There is no end in sight LOL!

Signed,
Anonymous
Was there any reason whatsoever why I had to have IRMA LA DOUCE?
Old 02-27-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Welcome to our addiction.
Old 02-27-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hah.. build your own shelf for your DVDs beause none of them in the stores can a) hold as much as you got, and b) won't hold them EXACTLY as you want them.. then we'll let you in our little club.
Old 02-27-04, 03:41 PM

HEH!! Another one has been assimilated! Welcome to the fold, Miss Peach!
Old 02-27-04, 03:55 PM

There I was, reading my books and . . . (sound organ music) then I got a DVD player.

MISS PEACH
It's a disease. A disease I tell you.
Old 02-27-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
WELCOME to the club. I was in your position last year - and I AM LOVIN' IT!!!

Thank goodness my husband gives free reign to my addiction. He also allowed me to have built floor to ceiling bookcases with spotlights (to make my searches for a dvd easier) on either side of our fireplace in the family room.

Last edited by Randy810; 02-27-04 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-27-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Where are the DVD Aficionado , Guzzlefish, and DVD Profiler lists? Also the new television and surround sound system. You still have a long way to go before you hit the bottom.
Old 02-27-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
I still say there's subliminal hypnotic stuff on all DVDs that makes you need to go out and buy more! It can't be fought! We're all gonna die!! And he (or she) who dies with the most DVDs, WINS!
Old 02-27-04, 04:21 PM

I like to read AND watch movies, but then I'm edgy and dangerous. Always have been.
Old 02-27-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Admitting your DvD addiction is the first step towards buying MORE DvDs to satisfy that said wonderful addiction
Old 02-27-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by PixyJunket
Hah.. build your own shelf for your DVDs beause none of them in the stores can a) hold as much as you got, and b) won't hold them EXACTLY as you want them.. then we'll let you in our little club.
AMEN Brother Pixy! Home Depot was my hookup. Now I just need a house to put 'em in..

And, I agree with LASERMOVIES. You must head directly to dvdaficionado.com and input your babies...err...collection on there.
Old 02-27-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Originally posted by MISS PEACH
[B]Woe to me! Somewhere William Faulkner is shaking his head at how low I have fallen! LOL

He probably thinks it's due to your mother being a fish.

(please forgive if that's not quite right, it's been a long time since high school)
Old 02-27-04, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by milo bloom
He probably thinks it's due to your mother being a fish.

(please forgive if that's not quite right, it's been a long time since high school)
Er . . .

PEACH
He used to drink like one apparently. Not that I ever do. No. Never.
Old 02-27-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Resistance is futile.
Old 02-27-04, 07:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'm with you, Miss Peach. This started for us on Christmas of 2002 when we bought our first DVD player. We bought it for "the children" and began to buy Disney films and other films for them.

All of a sudden, my husband, who was a book collector...and myself, a CD (primarily movie soundtracks, but also other types of music as well) collector...caught the DVD collecting bug!!!

Now we have over 500!!! Oy!
Old 02-27-04, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
Where are the DVD Aficionado , Guzzlefish, and DVD Profiler lists? Also the new television and surround sound system. You still have a long way to go before you hit the bottom.
Ha ha. What's funny about that is I already had a Home Theatre system yup yup. Surround Sound yup yup.

OMG! I'm becoming one of you! I'm bragging! LOL Actually mine is nothing to brag about since it's 10 years old.

Jules Verne! Robert Louis Stevenson! Alexander Dumas! I'll be sent to Purgatory when I die and Baudelaire will snicker Zee Mooveee, zey rob you uf your soul! Zey makes uf you a cooch potaoe and your brain, she is starved for Literature baycause you've been watching Mooveee, too many Mooveee!

MISS PEACH
Old 02-27-04, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Kimiakane
I'm with you, Miss Peach. This started for us on Christmas of 2002 when we bought our first DVD player. We bought it for "the children" and began to buy Disney films and other films for them.

All of a sudden, my husband, who was a book collector...and myself, a CD (primarily movie soundtracks, but also other types of music as well) collector...caught the DVD collecting bug!!!

Now we have over 500!!! Oy!
Old 02-27-04, 07:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I know...that seems like a lot in just 14 months...but I'll bet there are many here whom can make that seem like an insignificant amount....right???????
Old 02-27-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought I was bad before the NY Times interview. I see I have something like 16 dvds on tap for next weeks feeding frenzy.

I'm way past addiction.
Old 02-27-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Welcome to the club, Peach.

DVD collecting for me is intoxicating, I can't help but feel tempted to buy most of the DVDs on that recent top 100 census.
Old 02-27-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel your pain. After reading your post I took a hard look at myself and have come to the conclusion... (gulp) Im in the same boat as you...

It all started in '99 when my girlfriend (now wife) asked what I wanted for christmas. I said "Well I dont know I guess a dvd player would be pretty cool, but I have all those VHS tapes and Im not sure DVD will last, so not sure how much I will use it."...

4 years, 160 dvds (I know its low but bills and crap always ruin a perfectly good addiction) 3 dvd players, 2 surround sound systems, 27" wega, and brand new WS HDTV later, I thinks its time to call a spade a spade..Yes I to am addicted..
Old 02-27-04, 10:00 PM

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm going the other way and selling off my collection. After racking up 250+ titles, I realized I'd bought a bunch of crap I didn't really want. I figure I have about 100 or so titles that are keepers; the rest are going up on Amazon. So, slowly I am recovering shelf space, and as much as I love movies, I love books even more.
Old 02-28-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ha ha. What's funny about that is I already had a Home Theatre system yup yup. Surround Sound yup yup.

OMG! I'm becoming one of you! I'm bragging! LOL Actually mine is nothing to brag about since it's 10 years old.
I said new so that means it's time to upgrade to Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound. A nice new widescreen television and your set.

Just be glad you didn't get hooked when laserdiscs were in their hey day. Your movie habit would have been a lot more expensive.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-28-04 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-28-04, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Somewhere William Faulkner is shaking his head at how low I have fallen! LOL
If you get (or have) copies of The Big Sleep and Barton Fink and you don't start giving away books to make room, you'll be just fine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.