Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

School of Rock DVD discussion

School of Rock DVD discussion

Old 03-05-04, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
just picked this up late last night. really light hearted and funny. Haven't got to the extras yet.
Old 03-05-04, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the copies from Best Buy with the guitar picks and tattoos in them have two covers inserted in the case - one with the pick and tattoo offer listed on the back, and another without (the cover that I suppose all other stores received).

I just thought that was a nice touch. That way if you don't like the promotional offer being part of the artwork, you can just toss that cover and you'll still have the unadulterated cover beneath.

Neat.

Of course, there's no insert - two covers, but no inside insert.
Old 03-06-04, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe you should send a complaint to DVDProfiler....
Old 03-06-04, 10:33 PM

Just watched this movie. I loved it. I am a fan of JB and Tenacious D, but I didn't get a chance to see this in theaters, even with my family telling me it was great. Definitely a Blind Buy type purchase, its very lighthearted and theres no way you won't enjoy this movie, unless you really dislike Jack Black's comedy stylings.

The extras were decent, although there weren't too many of them. The video looked great and the sound was great.
Old 03-06-04, 10:38 PM

Also, did anyone else buy this at FYE? Not only was the movie 9.99 (after rebate), but you got a nice CD case with the School of Rock logo on it instead of a temporary tattoo...

Old 03-06-04, 10:53 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by brizz
maybe you should send a complaint to DVDProfiler....
What does DVD Profiler have to do with producing a Paramount DVD?
Old 03-06-04, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by paul.n3w
Also, did anyone else buy this at FYE? Not only was the movie 9.99 (after rebate), but you got a nice CD case with the School of Rock logo on it instead of a temporary tattoo...

Awesome. I may pick it up there just for the case, and then eBay the disc. I'm glad I got my guitar picks, since they're so appropriate, but I love things like that one.