DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   You Just Might Have a DVD Problem if ... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/349427-you-just-might-have-dvd-problem-if.html)

DVDude! 02-27-04 12:42 PM

Great list. I'm guilty of more than a few. Here are some others that apply to me--and hopefully some of you so I don't feel so pathetic. :)
  • You spend an ungodly amount of time reorganizing your collection to alphabetize it and a month later you've received enough DVDs that you need to do it again.
  • You and your significant other keep your DVDs separate because you don't want "chick flick" titles like Dirty Dancing in your collection and she doesn't want gore titles like The Dead Next Door in hers.
  • You and your significant other argue over who will be the one to buy a new release so it can be in their collection.

jough 02-28-04 12:22 AM

You can extrapolate every date's day of the week for the next 6 months by using Tuesdays as a guide (ie "March 19 is a release date so March 21 must fall on a Thursday".
Oh god, I do this all the time. "Well, April 20th is a Tuesday, so the 21st must be Wednesday."

"How the hell do you know that April 20th is a Tuesday?"

"Um, because the 'Master and Commander' special edition comes out that day."

Hey, Dana, do you mind if I adopt this list for Cinema-Review.com? I'll give you credit, of course.

Dana 02-28-04 02:12 PM

Glad everyone enjoyed this thread. I edited my post to include everyone's additions. Thanks.

Libby 02-28-04 03:45 PM

That was a great post, A lot of those things are very true for a lot of people. Its scary soon there going to need D.A.A. DVD ADDICTIONS ANONMOUS (or however you spell it)

jessebo 02-28-04 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Randy810
jessebo

I love the metallic orangy pink case however.

I can't disagree with that, I like the cases too, but I just can't bring myself to buy these sets... too much cash for what you get, but that's another thread entirely...

divemaster 02-28-04 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Dana
Glad everyone enjoyed this thread. I edited my post to include everyone's additions. Thanks.
...you check the master list to see your contribution added for posterity's sake, and realize the credit was given to someone else...

:p

freudguy 02-28-04 10:29 PM

Sigh, I guess mine wasn't good enough for the list :(

;)

RyoHazuki 02-28-04 10:59 PM

Nor was mine.

drjay 02-28-04 11:00 PM

How bout when you spend too much on building up your Criterions and forget that Valentine's Day is soon and you're broke! Damn the OOP CCs!!

nightmaster 02-28-04 11:27 PM

You remodel your home to accomodate more shelf space, knowing that those shelves too will soon be full. That would be moi.

FiveO 02-29-04 12:32 AM

Originally posted by freudguy
....you sneak newly bought DVD's into the house and put them on the rack hoping they will blend in & your wife doesn't notice the 25 you've bought in the past month.

rotfl

been there...done that.

ivelostr2 02-29-04 12:52 AM

Originally posted by freudguy
Sigh, I guess mine wasn't good enough for the list :(

;)

this is actually the most true for me freudguy...

ChrisHicks 02-29-04 09:31 AM

you might just have a DVD problem if you have an anxiety attack when your wife goes for the mail.

Dana 02-29-04 12:15 PM

I've edited the list again. Thanks for the contributions. Sorry I missed freudguy and RyoHazuki, and gave the wrong credit for a contribution from divemaster.

BTW, this thread appeared on DVDTalk a couple of years ago. I had saved the complete list back then and recently decided to resurrect it to see what kind of response there would be. So far it's been great.

Have fun.

jough 02-29-04 12:47 PM

You're all famous:

http://cinema-review.com/dvd/000019/index.php

nightmaster 03-01-04 05:23 PM

You anxiously look for titles you 'need' in December so you can surpass the number of DVDs you bought LAST year.

You tell your friends no, you are NOT a free rental store.

You refer to your collection as 'The Precious'.

metaridley 03-02-04 06:01 PM

This list is so TRUE!!