DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   any diff in the fox special editions and the oops? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/348700-any-diff-fox-special-editions-oops.html)

ivelostr2 02-22-04 12:01 AM

any diff in the fox special editions and the oops?

I see fight club oop and moulin rouge oop selling for 20+, but aren;t they the same as the new one released?

meritocracy 02-22-04 12:12 AM

Yes, the content of both are identical.

RaynMan2019 02-22-04 02:17 PM

You need to be careful as to the fact that either oop or current release is 2-Disc or not. If it IS 2-Disc, you don't have to worry, but beware of the single.
My two cents...

bunkaroo 02-22-04 02:30 PM

I think the oop Fight Club had a little nicer and sturdier packaging, but that's about it.

Mr. Salty 02-22-04 02:33 PM

I'm curious as to the status of the audio tracks on "The Abyss." When Fox deleted the original two-disc in favor of the single disc, didn't they basically release the Canadian version, which dropped the English 5.1 track in favor of a French 5.1 track and an English Dolby Pro-Logic track?

Assuming I'm not crazy, did Fox correct this when they rereleased the two-disc version in the new Digipak?

RaynMan2019 02-22-04 02:49 PM

There are two seperate releases but came out the exact same time in regards to the single disc edition. Look on the backs of ALL the DVD's you find to differentiate the different, but similar, fronts of the case. Only on the backs you'll be able to tell which release is which.

Mr. Salty 02-22-04 03:03 PM

Originally posted by RaynMan2019
There are two seperate releases but came out the exact same time in regards to the single disc edition. Look on the backs of ALL the DVD's you find to differentiate the different, but similar, fronts of the case. Only on the backs you'll be able to tell which release is which.
I read your post a couple of times and, like most of your posts, can't quite tell what you're trying to say. But in the case of "The Abyss," the packaging was mislabeled, so reading the back doesn't help.

RaynMan2019 02-22-04 03:17 PM

Could always buy the damn thing, if it isn't the one ya want, take it back. Until you FINALLY get the one you want, of course!

RaynMan2019 02-22-04 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I read your post a couple of times and, like most of your posts, can't quite tell what you're trying to say. But in the case of "The Abyss," the packaging was mislabeled, so reading the back doesn't help.
You got a problem with the way I talk? Do I amuse you? Do you think I'm an idiot?

Bah... I wouldn't give a flyin' a' if ya did or not! You collect DVD's like anyone else on this thread. So, in fact we're equals with different preferences in the way we post.
BOO YA!