Reload this Page >

Carrie Fisher commentary on SW DVD

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrie Fisher gave an interview yesterday and stated that she is doing a commentary for the SW dvds. Can you imagine a cast commentary on this one? JEJ and Mark Hamill. I wonder if they could actually get Harrison Ford to do this.

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#23242

still trying to find independent confirmation or a transcript of the interview

Last edited by bothanspy; 02-18-04 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-18-04, 07:08 AM

Don't hold your breath on Harrison Ford being involved with anything related to Star Wars. Since he hit it big, it seems that he's tried to distance himself from his former Han Solo role. He's even gone on record as to say that he wouldn't play Han Solo again because that character isn't 'deep' enough or something along those lines. (This was about 10+ years ago when there was talk about making episodes 7-9).

That being said, his latest movies (K-19, Hollywood Homicide, Random Hearts, etc.) haven't done very well. Since he's agreed to do Indy 4, maybe he'll realize what helped make him a star in the first place and actually do something with it.
Old 02-18-04, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I wouldn't count on JEJ either. I think he said he spent a total of 2 days in the production booth for his part. I don't think he even made it to any of the sets. Anyway, wouldn't David Prowse make more sense?

How about a Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels commentary? The view of SW from the droids.
Old 02-18-04, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do find it funny when actors bastardize the roles that made them big. Without those roles, they would have been nothing. Mark Hamill has done the same with his Luke Skywalker role.
Old 02-18-04, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think those actors want to distance themselves because they don't want to be typecast into similar type of characters in other movies.

Anyways it's good to hear Carrie Fisher will have commentary on the DVD. Can't wait to hear what she has to say.
Old 02-18-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice, can't wait.
Old 02-18-04, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by mookiemeister
I think those actors want to distance themselves because they don't want to be typecast into similar type of characters in other movies.
Makes sense... well if it were 1984. But we are over the 20 year mark since they were in a Star Wars film. If they haven't distanced themselves by now, it ain't happenin'. They should all suck it up and realize most of them wouldn't have careers without these movies. What is an afternoon spent with good company you haven't hung out with in 20 years? These people need to get over themselves, and do it for the kids (i.e. fans).
Old 02-18-04, 08:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't think Mark Hamill has distanced himself from Luke Skywalker. He parodies it all the time, such as that episode of "The Simpsons."
Old 02-18-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome!!
Old 02-18-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
I don't think Mark Hamill has distanced himself from Luke Skywalker. He parodies it all the time, such as that episode of "The Simpsons."
Or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back in a way as well.
Old 02-18-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
Anyways it's good to hear Carrie Fisher will have commentary on the DVD. Can't wait to hear what she has to say.
"Oh man, this really takes me back. I hate to admit it, but when you're coked out of your mind, Ewoks really do make the greatest lovers. Good times, good times."
Old 02-18-04, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
I imagine Anthony Daniels is a lock for a commentary track. I see the commentary being:

Mark Hamill - all three movies
Carrie Fisher - probably all three movies, although i hear she doesn't remember much from the Jedi period.
Harrison Ford - maybe the first one, but that's it
Anthony Daniels - all three
Dave Prowse - none. I thnk there's bad blood because he didn't get to play Vader in any of the prequels.
Kenny Baker - interviewed for the bonus material, possibly a seperate featurette on how he operated R2D2
Peter Mayhew - no idea.
Old 02-18-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We, the fans, also helped make Harrison Ford a star. If we don't buy tickets, no one cares about anybody's character in a particular movie.
Old 02-18-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Does Carrie even remember making the SW movies? She was stoned beyond belief that entire timeframe.
Old 02-18-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Peter Mayhew should be a lock. He seems friendly enough, and grateful George picked him to be in the movie. Of course he has to be asked.
Old 02-18-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Carrie Fisher was a cokehead?
Old 02-18-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by DavidH
I do find it funny when actors bastardize the roles that made them big. Without those roles, they would have been nothing. Mark Hamill has done the same with his Luke Skywalker role.
With the level of fandom that Star Wars, Star Trek, and LOTR have, i'd be annoyed at revisiting my old roles too. Sorry, something about them hardcore fans give me the heebie jeebies
Old 02-18-04, 10:26 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket

Her book (and movie) Postcards from the edge was pretty much an autobiography.
Old 02-18-04, 10:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Carrie Fisher also did a commentary on the Postcard from the Edge DVD.
Old 02-18-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I knew this from the get go. I think Fisher and Hamill are a lock, with maybe Anthony Daniels joining in. I wish this was more of a real group commentary though, wherein they're all in the same room, or at least Hamill and Fisher instead of something that's edited together like the style in the prequels. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both commentaries. I just think there's a better dynamic having most, if not all participants together.
Old 02-18-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who cares! The commentary will be for the Greedo shoots first edition
Old 02-18-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
Check out the holiday special, she's so wasted her eyes go in different directions.

Old 02-18-04, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by Star Wars Guy
Don't hold your breath on Harrison Ford being involved with anything related to Star Wars. Since he hit it big, it seems that he's tried to distance himself from his former Han Solo role. He's even gone on record as to say that he wouldn't play Han Solo again because that character isn't 'deep' enough or something along those lines. (This was about 10+ years ago when there was talk about making episodes 7-9).
This is from Harrison Ford's interview with Barbara Walters...it went something like this:

BW: Would you play Han Solo again?
HF: No. That character's pretty thin.

BW: Would you play Indiana Jones again?
HF: In a New York Minute.

Harrison begged George Lucas to kill off Han in ROTJ, just to give his character something interesting to do in that movie, and George said no. Harrison's not trying to distance himself from the role, he's just not interested in playing that character again because of how poorly he was developed in ROTJ.
Old 02-18-04, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Does anyone really want to see a 65yr old Han Solo? An older Indiana makes more sense, especially as a professor.

I'm fairly interested in a Carrie Fisher comentary. I also have to wonder how much she remembers from that period. She was interviewed on Fresh Air last week and she said she was zonked out the whole time.
Old 02-18-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
If Ford was to do a commentary, I would hope it would be on Empire, that is where Solo is at his best.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.