DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Great commentary you should check out - Jason Goes to Hell (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/347192-great-commentary-you-should-check-out-jason-goes-hell.html)

tommyp007 02-14-04 08:10 AM

Great commentary you should check out

Since yesterday was Friday the 13th, I watched Jason Goes to Hell and listened to the audio commentary for the first time. One of the best I've listened to in a while. Great insights to the making of the film and lots of joking about the history of the franchise. Check it out!

Squirrel God 02-14-04 08:21 AM

I find it hard to watch a film with the commentary track playing. I'd rather just watch another film instead.

JimRochester 02-14-04 09:07 AM

Agreed. I've wathed a couple, but mostly just skip to some of my favorite scenes. If I have a whole two hours I'd rather watch another movie. A few notable exceptions: Gettysburg, when they spoke it was great, too many moments of silence though. Miss Congeniality, Sandra was entertaining. Princess Diaries and Runaway Bride Garry Marshall is hilarious.

Bill Geiger 02-14-04 09:27 AM

I enjoyed the Ocean's 11 commentary with Pitt, Damon & Garcia.

karnblack 02-14-04 09:27 AM

I usually listen to commentaries while playing video games (gives me lots of time to listen). Might have to check this one out.

LasVegasMichael 02-14-04 09:52 AM

I LOVE commentaries.

This is probably because I work from home, and have the tv on pretty much all day, so "background" noise is what I commonly seek, but in general, I sjust find them interesting.

Some notable favorites: Airplane; Naked Gun 1-33 1/3; Ghostbusters; all the Kevin Smith ones (especially ones with Affleck); Armageddon (Affleck again making fun the movie the entire track); to name a few.

REL77 02-14-04 10:35 AM

Commentaries are my Fav Extra Feature, I will have to give teh Jason Goes to hell one a listen

CaseyB 02-14-04 01:09 PM

If you love horror Texas Chainsaw is worth a listen too. :)

DealMan 02-14-04 01:23 PM

Yeah, the Jason Goes to Hell commentary is a good one.

mikewendt 02-14-04 01:56 PM

I find the best place for me to listen to commentaries is in the car.

boston george 02-14-04 02:23 PM

Originally posted by mikewendt
I find the best place for me to listen to commentaries is in the car.
I don't know if you were joking or not but I do this too :)

realsandman420 02-14-04 02:39 PM

Originally posted by LasVegasMichael
I LOVE commentaries.

This is probably because I work from home, and have the tv on pretty much all day, so "background" noise is what I commonly seek, but in general, I sjust find them interesting.

Some notable favorites: Airplane; Naked Gun 1-33 1/3; Ghostbusters; all the Kevin Smith ones (especially ones with Affleck); Armageddon (Affleck again making fun the movie the entire track); to name a few.

i 100% agree....akkleck gives the best commentaies. i wish affleck had his own commantary track on armageddon.

mikewendt 02-14-04 03:34 PM

Originally posted by boston george
I don't know if you were joking or not but I do this too :)
No joke... I got one of those 10" Samsung portables. It's great.

TCG 02-15-04 06:24 AM

i also love commentaries. another that people might never listen to is the one by Brendan Fraser on Mummy: UE. he doesnt talk much, but it's usually damn funny.

Snowmaker 02-15-04 12:18 PM

Re: Great commentary you should check out

Originally posted by tommyp007
Since yesterday was Friday the 13th, I watched Jason Goes to Hell and listened to the audio commentary for the first time. One of the best I've listened to in a while. Great insights to the making of the film and lots of joking about the history of the franchise. Check it out!
I rarely listen to commentaries, but I gave this one a try and couldn't get though the whole thing. Robert Englund got annoying after a while. Every other scene was just him saying how great what this was, or how much he loved how they made that. Basically one big @$$-kissing session.

djtoell 02-15-04 12:23 PM

Re: Re: Great commentary you should check out

Originally posted by Snowmaker
I rarely listen to commentaries, but I gave this one a try and couldn't get though the whole thing. Robert Englund got annoying after a while. Every other scene was just him saying how great what this was, or how much he loved how they made that. Basically one big @$$-kissing session.
You sure you're not thinking of Freddy vs. Jason...?

DJ

asianxcore 02-15-04 02:46 PM

I'm just starting to get into listening to GOOD audio commentary. So far I've only watched George Romero, Tom Savini and John Amplas' commentary on Martin, it was pretty enjoyable.

LivingINClip 02-15-04 09:01 PM

Snow, if you're goin to complain about a commentary track - make sure you are complaining about the RIGHT one.
You're thinking of Freddy Vs Jason.

scarredgod 02-15-04 10:23 PM

if anyone is interested, Jason Goes To Hell is 9.99 at Circuit City this week.

Pointyskull 02-16-04 07:56 AM

Re: Great commentary you should check out

Originally posted by tommyp007

:thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. Certainly one of the most enjoyably commentaries I've ever heard.......