DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   DVD Legacy and "Ed Wood" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/345461-dvd-legacy-ed-wood.html)

Matt Gordon 02-05-04 10:21 AM

DVD Legacy and "Ed Wood"

I purchased a "Buy It Now" auction of the recalled Ed Wood DVD on January 27th and immediately paid for it using their proprietary checkout system. They never charged my account, and sent me a note DAYS later (after I wrote three emails to them asking why the order was stalled) that they wouldn't be sending the DVD.

Today, I received this email (in part):

This is your last reminder to checkout your purchase. If you do not our checkout immediately we will be forced to report you to Ebay. At the request of Ebay you will be discharged as a non paying bidder resulting in a suspension of your account. As follows you have 24 hours to attend to your purchase.
Anyone want to help me draft a sufficiently nasty response? ;)

asianxcore 02-05-04 10:27 AM

it wasn't through paypal was it? because if it was, or you got some sort of receipt sent to your email, you can always use that just in case they try and report you. thats a pretty weird situation you got there.

RobCA 02-05-04 10:29 AM

At the request of Ebay you will be discharged as a non paying bidder resulting in a suspension of your account.

What a crock! You get a warning; three warnings and you're suspended.

Rob

Matt Gordon 02-05-04 10:36 AM

It wasn't through PayPal, because DVD Legacy insists on buyers using their own checkout system (provided through AuctionWorks).

The Void 02-05-04 11:39 AM

I wouldn't bother with DVDLegacy. You'll never get Ed Wood from them. I bought Duel from them on ebay and got a shipping notice. Days later I got a cancellation email and then days after that a refund.

Tony Dvdfan 02-05-04 11:40 AM

Even though you used their checkout....did you use Paypal for payment or did dvdlegacy directly charge your credit card. Either way, as mentioned you wont get suspended unless its your third NPB. You have to think of a good negative to leave them.
From what i've been hearing around, DVDLegacy hosed alot of people back when Duel was recalled, and are doing the same this time...Got to stay away from a seller that has 96.1% feedback, thats alot of unhappy customers.

Matt Gordon 02-05-04 03:19 PM

DVD Legacy was supposed to directly charge my card... but they didn't.

I got a copy of Ed Wood from another source, so I'm not all that broken up about it. It's just that the threatening email really ticked me off.

Bluebomber 02-05-04 05:03 PM

Its funny how anal Dvd Legacy is about paying yet they're so laxed about actually sending, i'm still waiting on a claim from half.com about them to go through.

RyoHazuki 02-05-04 05:13 PM

Skip the letter and bomb the headquarters.

Jah-Wren Ryel 02-05-04 09:48 PM

Make sure to leave them negative feedback.

Son Of Zod 02-06-04 02:42 AM

My negative feedback placed this afternoon has already been dragged down to the second page.