DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Master and Commander: April 20th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/344473-master-commander-april-20th.html)

RobCA 01-31-04 09:54 AM

Master and Commander: April 20th

From DVDAnswers:

We've managed to get hold of an advertisement containing the official release date for the region one release of Master and Commander which stars Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany. I'm afraid that we've yet to receive the official announcement from Fox, so we can't reveal the full disc specs to you yet. We do however expect the disc to include a featurette on sound design, a HBO first look featurette, a In The Wake Of O'Brian featurette as well as twenty minutes of deleted scenes. Plenty more features should be included though - and hopefully a stonking DTS track! Naturally, we'll try and bring you the full list of specs in the coming days. For now though, we've attached the aforementioned advertisement below:

(Click here to see the ad)

jay77a 01-31-04 09:58 AM

Hopefully they announce more (better) spec. features for this.

Low RG 01-31-04 11:07 AM

Looking forward to this release. Didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters.

Dr. DVD 01-31-04 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Low RG
Looking forward to this release. Didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters.

I think it's getting a re-release due to the Oscar momentum. You might still catch it.

Simpson Purist 01-31-04 11:39 AM

Home Theater Forum's recent chat with Fox confirmed that M & C will be getting two separate releases (a single-disc and a 2-disc a la Red Dragon).

LBCrazyFool 01-31-04 12:30 PM

Hopefully we won't have to wait a few months after the 1-disc comes out to get the 2-disc set.

DonnachaOne 01-31-04 12:32 PM

Fingers crossed for dts...

QuiGonJosh 01-31-04 02:38 PM

Oh god I hope it has DTS....

Tarnower 01-31-04 02:48 PM

This is definitely getting a re-release to capitalize on its 10 Oscar nominations. Do yourself a favor and see it on the big screen.

dvdmovie1 01-31-04 04:31 PM

Was it just me or did that article say "stonking?"

MrN 01-31-04 04:58 PM

Originally posted by Simpson Purist
Home Theater Forum's recent chat with Fox confirmed that M & C will be getting two separate releases (a single-disc and a 2-disc a la Red Dragon).

Thanks for the info - I guess I'll be waiting for the 2-disc version.

Seantn 01-31-04 05:00 PM

Plenty more features should be included though - and hopefully a stonking DTS track!

Yep. That made me happy.:banana:

onebyone 01-31-04 05:29 PM

I am very excited for this, this was one of my favorite movies from last year. I hope there is a 2 disc edition, because the more the merrier for this movie I got to say. Love it.

RobCA 02-06-04 05:42 PM

More details from DVDAnswers:

We've now got hold of the final disc specs for the up and coming region one release of the Peter Weir directed Master and Commander which stars Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany. This two disc set will be available to own from the 20th April this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. I'm afraid that Fox have yet to release the official artwork for this one, but we'll bring it to you as soon as we can get our hands on it. Thanks to Quint van der Vaart for bringing this to our attention.

• 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
• English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
• English DTS 5.1 Surround Track
• French Dolby Surround Track
• The Hundred Days Featurette
• HBO First Look Featurette
• Deleted Scenes (20 Minutes)
• In The Wake of O'Brian Featurette
• Cinematic Phasmids (Effects) Documentary
• Documentary on the Sound Design
• The Last Battle Multi-Angle Featurette
• Camera Setup and Split Screen Vignette
• Four Still Galleries & A First Look at I Robot
• DVD-ROM: Canon Sound Sound Recording Studio
• English, French, Spanish Subtitles

QuiGonJosh 02-06-04 05:46 PM

sounds like a nice set...

DGibFen 02-06-04 08:29 PM

I'm glad Fox got the rights to do this on DVD. I shudder at what Miramax would have released....

bodomnet 02-06-04 08:53 PM

The current R2 date is 12/04/2004

Gamblor187 02-06-04 09:10 PM

Any idea why Peter Weir doesn't do audio commentaries? He's one of my favorite directors, and I'd love to hear a commentary from him.

jim

Randy Miller III 02-06-04 09:59 PM

Looks good (the 2-disc set, that is!). I also missed this one in theaters, unfortunately.

nemein 02-10-04 05:42 AM

From DVDfile: http://www.dvdfile.com/images/box_ar...mmander_se.jpg

Grimfarrow 02-10-04 05:59 AM

Oh my...that looks truly appetizing! Looks like they've learned from the LOTR sets.

etrnlevol 02-10-04 06:30 AM

It would certainly look nice next to my LOTR sets. Looking forward to this DVD release :up:

Simpson Purist 02-10-04 06:32 AM

I like how the single-disc version is inferior in every way (including the fact that it's full-screen only :lol: )

onebyone 02-10-04 07:02 AM

Nemein, thanks for posting that picture. That 2-disc release looks sweet. I am VERY excited for this. Like mark your calendar excited. I love everything about this movie, happy to see the dvd release might just be worthy of it.

steebo777 02-10-04 07:38 AM

Very nice set! I am very excited for this. Not only did I love the movie, but I thought the audio mix was top-notch. Can't wait to hear this at the Gazeebo Googleplex.