DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Details: The Office: Series 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/343054-details-office-series-2-a.html)

Tom Woodward 01-23-04 06:29 PM

Details: The Office: Series 2

Hey

Warner have announced series two of The Office for the 20th April with the retail price set at around $24.98. A double pack with series one will also be available for $54.92. Extras will include a video diary of the making of series two as well as outtakes and deleted scenes. The outtakes are hilarious as well - I've got the region two copy. Great stuff though. Anyway, artwork is attached below:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/misc/tom/theoffice.jpg

harosa 01-23-04 06:34 PM

Man, wait for this or try to import it? Decisions, decisions.

Rypro 525 01-23-04 07:35 PM

aren't there commentaries on the region 2 disc?

illennium 01-23-04 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
aren't there commentaries on the region 2 disc?
I would like to know too. I'm thinking of picking up the R2 version if it is in any way superior to the imminent R1 release.

Yakuza Bengoshi 01-23-04 09:15 PM

I have the R2 version. It has the same artwork with only minor text variation, and the same features as listed for the R1. There are no commentaries.

WestEndRiot 01-23-04 10:37 PM

too bad they didn't stick to the digipack design of the first season, even if it is just one disc. oh well. the fact that its funny as hell with a sky high replay value will more than make up for the package inconsistancy.

fnordboy 01-24-04 12:03 AM

Originally posted by WestEndRiot
too bad they didn't stick to the digipack design of the first season, even if it is just one disc. oh well.
I was pissed about that too when the R2 arrived on my doorstep. The content of course makes up for it though :up: Now the anxious await for the Xmas specials...

bworrell 01-24-04 11:11 AM

Any word on the Christmas Special coming to DVD? Then we'd have everything....

Bleddyn Williams 01-24-04 11:26 AM

Worth noting that the artwork above says "Double DVD" in the corner. I suspect this is a mistake, as the R2 is one disc, and BBC USA tends to price their two-disc sets at $35. The retail here is $25.

mikeporter 01-24-04 07:39 PM

the fact that its funny as hell with a sky high replay value will more than make up for the package inconsistancy.
I agree. I'm definately going to buy this. If you enjoy british comedy I recommend you check out Fawlty Towers, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Mr Bean and Red Dwarf.

Dazed 01-24-04 08:20 PM

I'll second Red Dwarf. Season 3 and 4 are out for that soon as well. Cant Wait :D

Achtung 01-24-04 08:37 PM

Great news. I thoroughly enjoyed the first season, and I'm hoping this one lives up to the that one.

movieking 01-24-04 08:45 PM

I would rather have the Season Two DVDs delayed in order to put the two Christmas specials on them in order to complete the series, instead of having to make an additional purchase again in the future.

DonnachaOne 01-24-04 09:56 PM

I would have thought that this would have the Christmas specials, too.

Oh well. This is one series I do not buying more discs for.

mikeporter 01-25-04 07:34 PM

The Office just won the Best Television Series - Musical Or Comedy Golden Globe. I can't believe it, I was rooting for The Office all the way but thought it had maybe a 1% change of winning the award. AWESOME!!!

mikeporter 01-25-04 08:15 PM

Make that two in one night, Ricky Gervais - The Office just won the Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy Golden Globe.

tucker 01-26-04 02:21 AM

is worth it to buy the series one?

Crocker Jarmen 01-26-04 11:40 AM

Wow. This makes me feel a little better about the Ed Wood delay. I picked up the first season of the Office just before Christmas and found it to be one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in a long time. There isn't a lot of laugh out loud moments, but bags of grin producing ones.

I didn't have my hopes up for any more episodes coming to Region 1. This is terrific news.

PS. I had no idea The Office was up for any Golden Globes. I assumed this show was a year or two old.

Rypro 525 01-26-04 11:55 AM

since it primeiered over the summer (or spring) on bbc america, and got lots of positive reviews, the forgien press nominated it.

WestEndRiot 01-26-04 01:32 PM

Originally posted by tucker
is worth it to buy the series one?
i'm not sure what you're asking what your asking.

if you're asking whether or not you should buy season one or not...if you like quirky, dry humor then this is for you.

if you're asking whether you should buy S1 now or wait until the 2 pack is released...its hard to say. you'd have to wait until a retailer announces it and posts a preorder price.

tucker 01-26-04 02:13 PM

i'm not sure what you're asking what your asking.

if you're asking whether or not you should buy season one or not...if you like quirky, dry humor then this is for you.

if you're asking whether you should buy S1 now or wait until the 2 pack is released...its hard to say. you'd have to wait until a retailer announces it and posts a preorder price.

actually i was asking for both

but i damn i too want to get the Christmas special

RichDB10 01-27-04 12:06 PM

too bad they didn't stick to the digipack design of the first season, even if it is just one disc.
They did if you happened to purchase Season 2 from a UK Virgin store ;)

Hopefully they'll continue the trend with the R2 Xmas specials which are released here at Easter.

fnordboy 01-27-04 12:37 PM

Originally posted by RichDB10
They did if you happened to purchase Season 2 from a UK Virgin store ;)

Hopefully they'll continue the trend with the R2 Xmas specials which are released here at Easter.

That sucks...I got mine through play.com :( bastards!

Sunday Morning 01-27-04 02:06 PM

this show is really good. It was worth the 2 awards it got the other night. Supposedly there isn't going to be a season 3 to this show. I can't wait to pick this up. Hopefully Ricky gervais will keep his momentum going and create another great show or perhaps a movie around one of his eccentric characters.

fnordboy 01-27-04 04:51 PM

Originally posted by Sunday Morning
this show is really good. It was worth the 2 awards it got the other night. Supposedly there isn't going to be a season 3 to this show. I can't wait to pick this up. Hopefully Ricky gervais will keep his momentum going and create another great show or perhaps a movie around one of his eccentric characters.
No there will be no season 3, Ricky Gervais has said this numerous times. There are only the two specials after season 2, and that is that.