DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   I may be a geek but.....The Waltons Season One 5/11/04...YES!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/342959-i-may-geek-but-waltons-season-one-5-11-04-yes.html)

djones6746 01-23-04 10:38 AM

I may be a geek but.....The Waltons Season One 5/11/04...YES!!!

Retail is going to be $49.99 so actual order price should be around$30-$35 after discounts etc..... :D

Love this show and cannot wait to finally have episodes as they aired on one dvd. :)

B5Erik 01-23-04 10:55 AM

I hated The Waltons when it was first on. Of course, I was much younger then, and didn't "get it."

I love the show now, and would love to buy the DVD sets as they come out - but I've got so many DVD's and DVD season sets to buy that The Waltons will have to stay on the back burner for a while.

I might get it for my mom for her birthday, though.

Nierfacon 01-23-04 02:17 PM

This makes me happy!

joshualane 01-23-04 02:57 PM

Here's the cover-art:
http://www.boxsetbliss.com/news.asp?TID=349

Fok 01-23-04 03:04 PM

Good night John Boy!

johnbook 03-16-04 11:37 PM

How many seasons were there for this great show...can't wait for 5/11...

Buford T Pusser 03-16-04 11:43 PM

Hmmm. I do love the Andy Griffith Show.

Actually I haven't seen the Waltons since I was a little kid many years ago.

HistoryProf 03-17-04 12:01 AM

I do believe it ran 9 years....but this is an intriguing title that I just might have to pick up....there's something terribly nostalgic about it and I can definately see this taking up a few sunday afternoons...

djones6746 03-17-04 05:06 AM

Originally posted by brizz
I do believe it ran 9 years....but this is an intriguing title that I just might have to pick up....there's something terribly nostalgic about it and I can definately see this taking up a few sunday afternoons...
What is so intriguing about this show is the look back to a much simpler time(not talking about financial)!!! No television.....the family was pretty much the most important variable. The movie "The Homecoming" has been a favorite of mine for years. :)

dcswirl 03-17-04 09:09 AM

I'll be picking it up for my father. The Waltons is his all-time favorite show.

NavinJohnson 03-18-04 12:02 PM

I always liked The Homecoming & the early seasons of this show; very comforting. Can't help but wonder why nobody ever oiled that screen door though. :hscratch:

Fok 03-18-04 02:10 PM

Why couldn't the grandmother talk?

Brak55 03-18-04 11:05 PM

Originally posted by Fok
Ellen Corby, who played the Grandmother, had a stroke in real life and they built it into the show.

Buford T Pusser 03-18-04 11:14 PM

Just like Floyd (the barber) Lawson on the Andy Griffith Show.

djones6746 really likes shows with stroke victims. :)

I just watched TVLand's awards show and they did a tribute to John Ritter. It said he was on the Waltons for four years. Was he on all or most of those episodes?

djones6746 03-19-04 05:14 AM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Just like Floyd (the barber) Lawson on the Andy Griffith Show.

djones6746 really likes shows with stroke victims. :)

I just watched TVLand's awards show and they did a tribute to John Ritter. It said he was on the Waltons for four years. Was he on all or most of those episodes?

:lol:

John Ritter came in as a new preacher for their church. It has been too long for me to remember but I do not believe he was on the first season eps. Could be wrong though.

djones6746 03-19-04 05:15 AM

Originally posted by Fok
The grandmother did talk for many episodes until she suffered a stroke. I thought it was great that they were able to keep her on the show after her stroke. :)

uteotw 03-19-04 10:24 AM

I'm glad for this one too. It's a fond memory watching The Waltons w/my family as a child, back in the day when you could still do that....
So I'll pick this up for sure and watch it w/my own kids now.

Iron_Giant 03-19-04 02:25 PM

Just picked up Little House on the P Season 1. Man is it great to watch a show that the whole fam can watch with no problems (The 1st season is ok, there are a few show later on that get pretty intense).

So, it looks like I will have to pick up The Waltons also. Good family TV show. What is wrong with having a TV show where the family sticks together no matter what.

DVDho78DTS 03-19-04 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Fok
Good night John Boy!
Good night Mary-Ellen. ;)

I'll pass this information along to my Dad. When I was younger my Dad watched it all the time along with the Andy Griffith Show & Little House. I prefer Andy but this was a solid show as well. :)