Ed Wood SE...cancelled?

Community
Search

Ed Wood SE...cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-04, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lcnickell
you sure about suncoast?, i tried 2 different ones and they wouldn't even take my money for pre-ordering it, both said same thing about a recall.
Not sure about the mainland Suncoasts or Borders but the ones in Hawaii still have no clue about the recall. I'm hoping they don't get notice until after Tuesday.
Old 02-01-04, 04:21 PM

I called all the Blockbusters in my area and all in the another town with some relatives. No luck. Some said they had a few copies but wouldn't seel them until Tuesday. They cautioned me and said tons of people have been calling for it. It seems that DVDtalkers get around even in the glass city.
Old 02-01-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so this is still being recalled?

Best Buy and Circuit City (I believe) have the picture in their circular.
Old 02-01-04, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by conscience
so this is still being recalled?

Best Buy and Circuit City (I believe) have the picture in their circular.
yeah, waasssupp wit dat?
Old 02-01-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jmanin2
yeah, waasssupp wit dat?
The circulars were probably printed at least a month ago, long before they knew about the Ed Wood recall.
Old 02-01-04, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by J.P.V.
The circulars were probably printed at least a month ago, long before they knew about the Ed Wood recall.
really? a month ago? weird

thanks for the info
Old 02-01-04, 07:13 PM

Yea , went into my local FYE and they told me that they had them but do to a recall i was unable to purchase it. Tried to plead a little but no luck, hehe. Pretty much they did not know anything else and just that it is something stupid that should have been done before shipping it. Might try and get in there on tuesday morning and see if a worker puts it out by accident....
Old 02-01-04, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those who live in Houston:

Check out the FYE in the Galleria.

They have two copies out for sale for 29.99.

I was lucky to get a copy and I love it.
Old 02-01-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
The Valeyard's Ed Wood Adventure: Finale

After having Ed Wood in my hands and then being denied at my local Suncoast (See my previous threads), I was getting ansy having to wait until Tuesday to see if Suncoast would honor my Pre-Order for the DVD (or if they'd get the recall notice before then).

After reading that Blockbuster had them, I hit every BB in my area and struck gold at the 7th store (and ironically, the closest one to my house!!!). Each of the previous stores only had one copy for sale and EACH ONE OF THOSE was being held for someone. The 7th Store had it with the new DVDs so I plucked it up and took it to the counter.

The kid behind the desk told me he couldn't sell it until TUESDAY!

AARRRGH!

Seeing how horribly upset I was over hearing this again (I threatened to commit ritual suicide before his eyes), the kid said he'd hold it for me and proceeded to put a stick'em note with my name on the DVD. He said ask for it on Tuesday and it'll be there for me. I thanked him and left.

I returned to the same Blockbuster 6 hours later (after his shift) and asked a NEW CSR if I could pick up a DVD that was being held for me. Knowing nothing about the Street Date (the stick'em note only had my name), he sold it to me for $29.99.

Now I'm a happy camper!

If I get my copy from Suncoast, I'll put it up for trade in the Exchange Forum.

Here endith the story. I got a DVD to watch!

Andrew
Old 02-01-04, 10:12 PM

To the Northern Jersey folk: Blockbuster in Hoboken had 3 copies on their shelves as of a half hour ago.

And while you're in the area, BJ's in Jersey City had American Splendor (for $18.99) and Rain Main SE (for $12.99). Hudson County is breakin' mad streetz!
Old 02-01-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Valeyard, THAT is the coolest story I've ever read. Congratulations!
I only wish I could be so lucky. I've been to about 5 different Blockbusters (and several other stores) with no luck.

I'm still hoping my order from digitaleyes.net will ship. I never received a cancellation notice, and someone on another forum somewhere said theirs shipped from there on Friday. It's now listed with a release date of TBA at digitaleyes, so I won't get my hopes up, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

Last edited by greatjedi; 02-01-04 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-01-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jonnyrocks
To the Northern Jersey folk: Blockbuster in Hoboken had 3 copies on their shelves as of a half hour ago.

And while you're in the area, BJ's in Jersey City had American Splendor (for $18.99) and Rain Main SE (for $12.99). Hudson County is breakin' mad streetz!
You gotta love Hudson County. I won't name names because I don't want these places penalized (they are small mom & pop type places), but if you just go on Bergenline Avenue in West New York you will find a few places that seriously break release date. Probably would find an Ed Wood or two also.

(BJ's in East Rutherford had nothing out early bastards!)
Old 02-01-04, 11:29 PM

Valeyard seems to be the highlight storyteller of this thread. That was a real sly move you made there. I'm glad you finally got the movie. If anybody deserves it, you do!

I haven't watched the movie yet (Superbowl was on today, after all). But I did watch the one deleted scene with Bill Murray singing "Que Sera Sera" in that meat locker. If that's not gonna be on the disc once they re-release it later in the year, well, then you're just not gonna miss a whole lot. It sounds much better than it plays. I'm glad I have it, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I didn't.
Old 02-02-04, 12:43 AM

I'm really starting to doubt that anymore Blockbusters are going to have this DVD. I called a bout 40 of them in the last two days. Yesterday I was being told that it shows in their computers as coming out on the 3rd. Today, they can't even find it in the computer. Not looking good.
Old 02-02-04, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im going to have to drive around and look for it on Tuesday. This is going to be the most annoying search since thewhole History of Beavis and Butthead scandal
Old 02-02-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Tarnower
But I did watch the one deleted scene with Bill Murray singing "Que Sera Sera" in that meat locker. If that's not gonna be on the disc once they re-release it later in the year, well, then you're just not gonna miss a whole lot. It sounds much better than it plays. I'm glad I have it, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I didn't. [/B]
I got to disagree. If I didn't have that and I knew it was out there, I would most definitely lose sleep over it. That was my driving reason for getting the disc (I have the R2), and watching several times didn't disappoint.

Of course, my Bill Murray love is endless, so I am hardly fair and unbiased.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-02-04 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-02-04, 08:14 AM
Cool New Member

I returned to the same Blockbuster 6 hours later (after his shift) and asked a NEW CSR if I could pick up a DVD that was being held for me. Knowing nothing about the Street Date (the stick'em note only had my name), he sold it to me for $29.99.
Slick. Very slick.
Old 02-02-04, 09:45 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

From reading this thread, it seems like mine is the only Blockbuster that doesn't reserve items.
Old 02-02-04, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by fnordboy
You gotta love Hudson County. I won't name names because I don't want these places penalized (they are small mom & pop type places), but if you just go on Bergenline Avenue in West New York you will find a few places that seriously break release date. Probably would find an Ed Wood or two also.

(BJ's in East Rutherford had nothing out early bastards!)
I just got back from my trek all over Bergenline in West New York. Couldn't find a thing. It wasn't even in the Blockbusters' database. I checked all 7 mom and pop stores in the area too, no one had it. I checked their inventory...nothing. Oh well, I'll eventually cave in and probably spring for $50 on ebay, when the price gets that low.

CP
Old 02-02-04, 09:55 AM

To all the impatient can't live without it...April 4th is your day...kaching,kaching

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...143158-4098741

Per story on Digital Bits..

Last edited by billy9215; 02-02-04 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-02-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

April 4th is a Sunday.

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 02-02-04 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-02-04, 10:11 AM
Suspended

as per story on Digitalbits

they also state they don't think much of that date..
Old 02-02-04, 11:33 AM

Woo hoo! I just got a shipping notice from Amazon! I'm guessing they are shipping to those that either preordered early (I did on 12/08), or bought several other DVD's in the same order.
Old 02-02-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For what it's worth, I checked my credit card statement online today, and the charge from returnwarehouse (the Half.com seller) showed up. That seems like a good sign, and hopefully it'll come in the mail today or tomorrow.

Also, I'll be stopping by a local music store tonight on the way home from work. They tend to put out new CDs and DVDs a few days early, so maybe they'll have a copy or two of Ed Wood. If they do, I'll pick up one or two of them and put them up for trade or sale on the Exchange forum. I'm not looking to make a profit here, I just want to break even. If I find any copies tonight, I'll be sure to post in this thread and give you all a heads-up.
Old 02-02-04, 11:55 AM
Cool New Member

After calling about 15 Blockbusters yesterday, I finally spoke with a clerk who was willing to look in the back for the one copy the store had. She found it after about 10 minutes of looking (and me waiting patiently on hold). The irony -- the store's in Burbank, a few miles away from Disney HQ.

Glad I did this yesterday -- I figured Sunday morning would be my best bet.

Here's the problem, though... the cover is wedged up undeneath the security seal! I just know the seal is gonna rip the cover when I open it. AGH! I have a few preorders that haven't been canceled yet, so I'm not opening it until all my other leads pay off or fall through.

My last B&M lead is a preorder I have at Sam Goody that hasn't called me with the bad news (Suncoast already did), so I'm going to head over there tomorrow morning.

My guess is that they will reissue it without the deleted scenes a few months down the road. I'll take this one for MSRP, thank you very much!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.