nwa-tna releases 3 DVDs

Old 01-22-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nwa-tna releases 3 DVDs

but not very cheap

http://nwatna.com/merchandise/dvd/dvd.shtml
Old 01-22-04, 06:16 PM

You can get all 3 for $66 with free shipping but I'll pass. I haven't seen any TNA yet and`I'm interested but I'll wait till they get a distribution deal. I'm sure we'll see these at Best Buy eventually for $9.99 like the XPW DVDs.
Old 01-22-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NWA-TNA is SO worth watching simply for the X Division.
Old 01-22-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish TNA had a TV deal.

Of these 3 DVDs I'm most interested in the hardcore one. But they're too pricey. Maybe I'll wait till they get DivX'd @ Bittorent or Best Buy'd @ $10.

In the meantime I'd prefer R2 ECW discs.
Old 01-23-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im not sure about their quality, but XPW is indeed selling out everything they have. I guess this confirms that the company is no more.

http://www.xpwrestling.com/catalog/

Last edited by retihsuhnt; 01-23-04 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-23-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
Im not sure about their quality, but XPW is indeed selling out everything they have. I guess this confirms that the company is no more.

http://www.xpwrestling.com/catalog/
Maybe Vince will buy the footage
Old 01-23-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought them. Still haven't received them yet. They're all double disk sets, no? $75 for 6 disks sounds good to me! Hopefully I'll get them today or tomorrow.

I have seen one show of NWA-TNA and it looked good. Like if ROH "sold out" and went more in the direction of the WWE. Lots of the same wrestlers. Great wrestling in the show I saw, too.
Old 01-23-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you're talking about the NWATNA DVD's, no, they're one disc each.
Old 01-23-04, 03:26 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these to show up in stores. I'm pretty sure they're like ROH and will only sell on the net.

I haven't bought any yet, but I want the X Division one. One can never have enough Christopher Daniels!
Old 01-23-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

afaik they're not 6 discs
Old 01-26-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NOPE. I'm happy to say that you are wrong, Tarantino & Class! They are ALL double disk sets. I got them today.

I'll be watching them in good time and let y'all know how they are as I get to them.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 01-27-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
NOPE. I'm happy to say that you are wrong, Tarantino & Class! They are ALL double disk sets. I got them today.

I'll be watching them in good time and let y'all know how they are as I get to them.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Whoa! Strange that they would not mention it on the site.
Old 01-27-04, 10:43 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can confirm that they are ALL 2 disc sets. I have all 3 and have had them for almost 2 weeks now.

I have watched all of the X-Division discs and they are worth the total price ($65) alone, I am half way throught the other 2.

The bloodiest brawls is just that blood and guts everywhere, the action is OK but I could have passed on this disc; but if you like lots of blood than this is for you! Also if you are Sandman and Raven fan then this is for you too. Although Sandman has gotten so Drunk and out of shape he can barely walk anymore. He was pretty crazy in the past now he just misses moves all the time.

The title matches disc is pretty good as well and probably worth the $20 but you had better be a JJ fan otherwise forget it.

The real winner here is the X-Division stuff, why oh why can't they abandon all the BS with JJ, Don Callis, etc. and get back to X-Division. These guys are utterly amazing. Every X-Division match on these disc is off the charts especially the Ultimate X Match. Great Stuff but dam some of those moves gotta hurt!!

Also is there anyone on the planet that kicks harder than Low-Ki .... OUCH!!! And AJ Styles is great.

Good Stuff!!

Greg

P.S. - When I get home I will list all the matches on all the discs for your perusal. Won't be until probably 6 or 7pm EST though.

Greg
Old 01-27-04, 10:30 PM

Greg, are all the matches complete? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-28-04, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally posted by GCS
The real winner here is the X-Division stuff, why oh why can't they abandon all the BS with JJ, Don Callis, etc. and get back to X-Division. These guys are utterly amazing. Every X-Division match on these disc is off the charts especially the Ultimate X Match. Great Stuff but dam some of those moves gotta hurt!!

Also is there anyone on the planet that kicks harder than Low-Ki .... OUCH!!! And AJ Styles is great.
Amen to all that. The X-Division is astounding. Daniels, Kazerian, Sabin (HAIL SABIN!), Michael Shane, Low-Ki, the list goes on and on. It's better to but a month's worth of $10 TNA PPV's than to buy one WWE PPV.

The only person that I've seen with kicks comparable to Low-Ki is Tajiri. I'd love to see those two as a team or facing each other.

And speaking of Low-Ki, what about those crazy-ass submission moves? I thought I had seen something cool the first time I saw Tajiri slap a trantula on someone, but man... Low-Ki's are 10 times better.
Old 01-28-04, 10:08 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Casey,

Yes all the matches are complete. They also include a little opening commentary by Tenay and ???? (sorry his name escapes me because he annoys me). Most of the matches also continue on with post match activity (ie a run in or something by other people or post match celebration etc.).

I promise to get the match listing up tonight, I got home later than expected and was too tired to get it done.

Also I should mention that the AMW vs. Triple X Cage Tag Match was awesome as all the internet fans had stated.

I have gotten a few of the TNA PPVs and have been disappointed as some of it was OK and some wasn't. I feel like with them my I would rather spend $25 and get a DVD like these vs chancing with the PPVs. I no longer get WWE PPVs either because the turn around time to get the DVD out is down to less than a month from show date and the DVD is usually available for about $15 ($20 savings) and I can watch it as many times as I want. That being said I wish I had gotten RR Sunday as I would love to have seen Benoit win -- All Hail THE CRIPPLER!!!

Greg
Old 01-28-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw disk 1 of the X division last night. They mention "commentary" as a bonus on some of the matches. Well the "commentary" is a box that appears ON THE SCREEN for a couple of minutes while you're WATCHING THE MATCH! There's no way to turn it off! This is no bonus! This is a major flaw! Especially when they spoil the endings for you!

They better not keep this up for future DVDs.
Old 01-28-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Saw disk 1 of the X division last night. They mention "commentary" as a bonus on some of the matches. Well the "commentary" is a box that appears ON THE SCREEN for a couple of minutes while you're WATCHING THE MATCH! There's no way to turn it off! This is no bonus! This is a major flaw! Especially when they spoil the endings for you!

They better not keep this up for future DVDs.
Damn! That's pretty lame
Old 01-28-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should clarify this: "a box that appears ON THE SCREEN for a couple of minutes"

This "box" contains the wrestler talking about the match and takes up about a quarter of the screen! It's not even like the Foley commentary on the new DVDs (where they at least split the screen). It's OVER the match.
Old 01-28-04, 09:00 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

As promised here are the matches on each DVD set

Best of the X-Division
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Best of NWA-TNA Title Matches
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
NWA-TNA Best of the Bloodiest Brawls
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

***These are the listings right off the back of the cases so I they are not necessarily in the order that they are on the discs.

Hope it helps

Greg

Last edited by GCS; 01-29-04 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-29-04, 01:57 AM

Anything with Amazing Red, Paul London, Kid Kash and of course Jerry Lynn will get a purchase from me. Now if only Nova appeared on TNA...

I might end up getting the 3 pack, I enjoy TNA much more than WWE these days, the wrestling just seems better.
Old 01-29-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What is a Clockwork Orange House of Fun?
Old 01-29-04, 09:35 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is a Clockwork Orange House of Fun?
Its your typical gimmic match.

Basically there are weapons hanging on chains around the ring and the goal is to beat your opponent sensless then drag them to "Raven's Nest" up in the balcony and throw them off of it on to stacked tables to win. Essentially no rules of course.

Greg
Old 01-29-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GCS
Its your typical gimmic match.

Basically there are weapons hanging on chains around the ring and the goal is to beat your opponent sensless then drag them to "Raven's Nest" up in the balcony and throw them off of it on to stacked tables to win. Essentially no rules of course.

Greg
Wow! Sounds nice! I was pondering getting that hardcore DVD cause it’s always entertaining to see the Sandman in bloody hardcore matches. But that “commentary” is a big let down
Old 01-29-04, 11:12 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah the commentary thing is a b*tch but honestly its not that often and the square is only on the screen for maybe 20 seconds. Also it isn't on every match.

Annoying yes, deal breaker no!

The Hardcore DVD is really a very Bloody disc. The Clockwork Orange match with Raven and Sandman is as bloody as some of the Deathmatch matches I have seen from Japan (not as bad as Mick Foley's matches over there though)

IMHO the X-Division disc is THE BEST one and worth every penny of the $25 if not more. The Bloody one is probably worth it as well if you like this type of thing. The Best of the Title matches is still very good but the weakest IMHO (mainly because I am not a JJ fan at all). All in all a well spent $65 if you like wrestling.

Greg

Last edited by GCS; 01-29-04 at 12:12 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.