DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Ghost in The Shell SAC TV series (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/342284-ghost-shell-sac-tv-series.html)

Tazwolff 01-20-04 01:59 AM

Ghost in The Shell SAC TV series

Could someone please inform me of the difference between these two sets for Ghost In The Shell SAC?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41524
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2291

Both are for the complete show eps 1-26. Yet, one set has 3 discs and the other has 4 and different artwork. I don't want to buy the single discs series of 1-7, I'd rather have it in a set.

I wont be buying from those sellers, I saw some US sellers that have them.

Thanks.

eau 01-20-04 02:02 AM

Looks like both are bootlegs.

Jackskeleton 01-20-04 02:31 AM

not just look like, they smell, taste, act, play, etc. like bootlegs. they are BOOTLEGS, no doubt of that.

Do not support these. I would rather give you the files then you line some pocket of some bootleggers. You do realize that you have the ability to download fan subs of these.. which while I'm at it, will explain that these episodes on the disc have a 90% chance that they are simply the fan subbed video files burned on dvd.

I can not stress enough to NOT buy these. the R1's haven't even shown up yet and it is licensed. in these you will not get the following:

Any extra's
Dubbing
or for that matter GOOD translated subs
the satisfaction that you are supporting a niche market by buying it from the U.S. Distributor.

If you are going to buy from a bootlegger, just download it. It's very easy and atleast that way bootleggers like this don't get cash for others work (the fan subbers who do not support these actions of reselling the material)

Hell you are even chancing it that it is a ANIME-JUNKIES fan subbed. :yack: that would be the worse. If you are going to buy these, just download them. Atleast with that you can view it and then choose if you want to purchase the set.

I don't know how many series I have bought the dvd sets for because I downloaded a fan sub months before it was ever licensed. I personally can't wait for Azumanga because of that. :)

these are bootlegs, don't support them by buying them. You do have the means to bypass them if that is infact what you are going to do anyways.. might aswell do it cheaper and without putting the cash to the wrong hands.

Tazwolff 01-20-04 02:49 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
not just look like, they smell, taste, act, play, etc. like bootlegs. they are BOOTLEGS, no doubt of that.

Do not support these. I would rather give you the files then you line some pocket of some bootleggers. You do realize that you have the ability to download fan subs of these.. which while I'm at it, will explain that these episodes on the disc have a 90% chance that they are simply the fan subbed video files burned on dvd.

I can not stress enough to NOT buy these. the R1's haven't even shown up yet and it is licensed. in these you will not get the following:

Any extra's
Dubbing
or for that matter GOOD translated subs
the satisfaction that you are supporting a niche market by buying it from the U.S. Distributor.

If you are going to buy from a bootlegger, just download it. It's very easy and atleast that way bootleggers like this don't get cash for others work (the fan subbers who do not support these actions of reselling the material)

Hell you are even chancing it that it is a ANIME-JUNKIES fan subbed. :yack: that would be the worse. If you are going to buy these, just download them. Atleast with that you can view it and then choose if you want to purchase the set.

I don't know how many series I have bought the dvd sets for because I downloaded a fan sub months before it was ever licensed. I personally can't wait for Azumanga because of that. :)

these are bootlegs, don't support them by buying them. You do have the means to bypass them if that is infact what you are going to do anyways.. might aswell do it cheaper and without putting the cash to the wrong hands.

lol, thanks Jack. And yes I knew they are booted, and I do have eps 1-8 downloaded. I have seen the entire show, so yes I do want to own them all. I can't spend $70 x 13 for each real R2 dvd's from Japan though.

Is this show getting an R1 release anytime soon?

I'd love nothing more than having an R1 of these: http://www.animenation.com/video-imp...the-shell.html

Jackskeleton 01-20-04 03:06 AM

Shows like this are automaticlly going to come to the U.S. shores. As soon as they are anounced they are pretty much licensed.

GitS, Macross Zero, Ninja Scroll.. all these shows that already have a name and fan recognition here in the states get picked up faster then they are even shown on japan tv. :p

Bandai Entertainment has the rights to the series. Not sure when they will release it, but it's something that will of course make it out here. Also note, trailers for GitS2 have been floating around. adding one and one together perhaps they are waiting for a release close to that? not sure. but I still wouldn't buy from a bootlegger. the R2 disc came in the form of 2 episodes on each disc. talk about getting shafted. reminds me of the old days buying anime on VHS.

fnordboy 01-20-04 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Tazwolff
Is this show getting an R1 release anytime soon?
I would say the series will start getting released sometime this year. I don't think they will sit on it for too long. Bandai has it so there is a chance we will get the R2 artwork but I won't completely bank on it yet.

I hope they are not waiting on the new GitS movie, we might not see that here for a while.

littlefuzzy 01-20-04 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Tazwolff
lol, thanks Jack. And yes I knew they are booted, and I do have eps 1-8 downloaded. I have seen the entire show, so yes I do want to own them all. I can't spend $70 x 13 for each real R2 dvd's from Japan though.

Watch the downloads, if you absolutely can't wait until they are licensed :rolleyes: then download more. Or, wait until they are released over here and buy them.

If you can't afford them, you can do without them, instead of spending money on crappy knockoffs.

If you really want to own them, but think you can't afford them when they are released over here, make some sacrifices (don't eat out for a month or two, hold off buying some new clothes, whatever...) If nothing else, put aside 5-10 dollars a week (or month) specifically for this show, and when it gets released you can buy it without feeling the bite.