DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   American Pie and El Mariachi/Desperado/OUATIA Box Sets - Inevitable? Coming Soon? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/342120-american-pie-el-mariachi-desperado-ouatia-box-sets-inevitable-coming-soon.html)

Loc Nar 01-19-04 11:20 AM

American Pie and El Mariachi/Desperado/OUATIA Box Sets - Inevitable? Coming Soon?

I have not bitten on the American Pie marketing ploys of releasing umpteen versions of the movies, but I would buy a box set of all three flicks (unrated, of course) with all the bonus features produced to date. Given their marketing schemes, this seems inevitable. Anyone have any news on that?

Same questions regarding the El Mariachi series of films. I've held off on picking up each of the three, including the new special ed. double set of EM and Desperado, because it seems a trilogy box set is inevitable. Again, does anyone have any news on that? Thanks in advance for your time.

Star Wars Guy 01-19-04 12:09 PM

Considering how much was on the bonus disc "American Pie Revealed", I'd be surprised if they could come up with more than what they featured there.

I held off on the first American Pie when I knew that the 2nd one was coming out. I then bit and got the 2-disc unrated Party Pack set that had both movies. Since I got the American Wedding Extended Party edition gift set that includes the movie and the "Revealed" disc, I feel that I've got all I need. Plus all 3 movies and the "Revealed" disc fit nicely together in the box that the American Wedding gift set came in.

Given studios penchant for double dips, it wouldn't surprise me to see a box set somewhere down the line for American Pie.

Rypro 525 01-19-04 12:11 PM

if you go to best buy this week, you can buy the el mariachi trilogy for 25 bucks. Its the "el mariachi/desporato" 2 pack and outim.

purplechoe 01-19-04 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
if you go to best buy this week, you can buy the el mariachi trilogy for 25 bucks. Its the "el mariachi/desporato" 2 pack and outim.
Take a closer look at the ad. Otherwise someone is gonna whip your ass for posting wrong info.

KTIK 01-19-04 03:28 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

What's wrong with the posted info? It's a great deal for the trilogy.

Jackskeleton 01-19-04 03:36 PM

And, for one week only, you can get the entire Mariachi trilogy — including 1992's El Mariachi, 1995's Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico — for only $25!
It's a deal so good, I doubt anyone can pass it up.

elise 01-19-04 03:38 PM

Besides mangling the spelling of Desperado, he's right on the Best Buy deal. There's a thread about it in the Bargains forum if you want some more information, as well as the link to the Best Buy site posted by KTIK.

garolo 01-19-04 03:59 PM

And the subject should be changed too. It's OUATIM not OUATIA.

Sorry to pick nits.

purplechoe 01-19-04 04:12 PM

My bad, the original bargains thread said it was only Mexico/ Desperado. Now it looks like el Mariachi is included also. I thought it was kind of stupid of them to only include the later 2 movies but I was wrong.

Jonny2k1 01-19-04 05:27 PM

That's a sweet deal, I just ordered it. I was gonna hold out for the trilogy box set, (if that ever came) but I will definitely take this. These are the first DVD's I've bought in four months. It's going to be downhill from here (again)!

silent 01-20-04 09:47 AM

FYI an R2 american pie boxset has been anounced for 1/26 - only store I found having it is play.com here (which don't deliver to the states btw)
sadly it does not say how many discs there are, if they put the extras on the disc with the main movie I gonna pass up, hopefully a proper box (either a 4th disc with extras or something like the beneath the crust package) will be released in R1 soon

nice deal on the el mariachi trilogy