Sanford and Son: Season 4 - March 30th

Old 01-19-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sanford and Son: Season 4 - March 30th

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
Sanford and Son - The 4th Season is on its way to a junkyard - oops, DVD retailer - near you on Tuesday, March 30th.

When this season originally aired, the first three episodes shot where Foxx-less, as were the last few of the third season, because Redd Foxx had decided to sit out from lensing the series pending the resolution of a contract dispute. By the fourth show's recording, though, he was back and in grand form, pulling off Aunt Esther's wig in the now-classic scene. That episode - "They'll Be Some Changes Made" - was also the one where the cast was joined by Pat Morita's new character called "Ah Chew". Episodes were broadcast in a wildly different order than they were shot, however, in an effort to cover up Fred Sanford's absence.

Expect all 24 episodes from the 4th production-season to appear on 3 DVDs, with a running time of 602 minutes. 4x3 video and a mono English soundtrack are present, plus closed captioning for the hearing impaired. List price is $29.95 and, as we said, this will be available on March 30th.

Further specs and bonus material, if available, have not been announced yet. Stay tuned, though, because we'll let you know more when Columbia provides the details.
Only 6 months after Season 3!

I wish they'd release some of their other shows that quickly.

Rob
Old 01-19-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You big dummy! The only complaint I have about the Columbia TV stuff is that there's absolutely no bonus material! Not on Soap, Mad About You, none of them (that I have at least). They could at least put the name of the episode on the menu list!!

The only positive is the price - Paramount, are you listening?
Old 01-19-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure Sanford and Son is selling extremely well which is why they are being released so fast.

I've bought the first three seasons. I'm not sure if I will purchase anymore because the show seemed to dip after that (based on the ones I've seen on TV Land).
Old 01-19-04, 12:43 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DavidH
I'm sure Sanford and Son is selling extremely well which is why they are being released so fast.

I've bought the first three seasons. I'm not sure if I will purchase anymore because the show seemed to dip after that (based on the ones I've seen on TV Land).

I agree I am just waiting for the season with the show when Esther hits Fred and he starts calling for the police! I think it may be 5th season.
Old 01-19-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great news that season 4 is coming soon. But where is season 3 of All in the Family and the Jeffersons? Seems like the releases of of those season sets have slowed way down.
Old 01-19-04, 12:58 PM

Rather generic cover art for this one, though (click on Rob's link to see it).

I'll decide when I see what Wally-world is selling it for. Thanks for passing it on, though!
Old 01-19-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
Great news that season 4 is coming soon. But where is season 3 of All in the Family ? Seems like the releases of of those season sets have slowed way down.
I was thinking the same thing...?????
Old 01-19-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Season 3 of All in the Family isn't due out until fall 2004.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=928

Rob
Old 01-20-04, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's a larger pic of the Sanford and Son: Season 4 cover art here.

Rob