Order Freaks and Geeks: Limited Edition HERE

Community
Search

Order Freaks and Geeks: Limited Edition HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received an e-mail from freaksandgeeks.com, which is weird cuz 1) I do not recall signing up for their newsletter and 2) I have yet to order the DVD. I'll most likely order it on Friday though. Even if it's a bit much.

K
Old 04-08-04, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder how much someone could get for the dvd signed by all cast members ?
Old 04-08-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
I just received an e-mail from freaksandgeeks.com, which is weird cuz 1) I do not recall signing up for their newsletter and 2) I have yet to order the DVD. I'll most likely order it on Friday though. Even if it's a bit much.

K
Did you sign the petition to get it released on DVD? If so, that's probably why, as I've been getting stuff from them despite not placing my order until Friday.

Speaking of which, I got mine in the mail today (in the envelope inside a big box). I was in awe of the packaging and nearly proclaimed it to be the best DVD set ever, but I think I'll wait until I've removed the shrinkwrap to make such a bold assessment. I almost had a heart attack when I realized there was only one in the box, even though I ordered two. Thankfully, a call to customer service that took less than three minutes settled things. I was amazed at how quickly they took my call and resolved the situation.
Old 04-08-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received the set yesterday and must say that I'm absolutely happy that I ordered the yearbook edition, it's SWEET! I'm making my way through the set now and the episodes are awesome, every one of them!

I can't believe the amount of effort that went into this packaging and set as a whole.

Worth every penny and more. My favorite set ever.

For those who are hesitating and have the extra $$$, worth it, worth it. Run and get this.
Old 04-08-04, 06:53 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts
i know there is a grand review of the 8-discer, anything more relating to the 6 discer as a set? i don't want to read Randy's episode guide so as not to spoil, but would the 6-discer get a "DVD Talk Collector's Series" as well?

Old 04-08-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scott1598: I'd probably give the 6-disc release the same 'Collector's Series' rating. The extras alone on the the regular version are easily a 4-5 star effort, but the 8-disc Yearbook simply breaks the scale . Of course, even without the fancy packaging and the bonus discs, the lower price tag of the regular version is another plus. Either way, you can't lose!
Old 04-08-04, 07:32 PM

awesome..thanks so much for the reply. that is pretty much what i got from your review as well. i got the 6-discer and like the packaging..wished the alien quad would come in something like that..noce book type thing. but regardless looking forward to seeing most of these shows for the first time!!

Old 04-08-04, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let us know if you cave after watching and decide to go for the LE!
Old 04-08-04, 08:53 PM

International Fans

If there are any International fans that want to get a copy of the 8 disc limited release apparently there are a few available.

You have to email ...
f&[email protected]
for information.

I found a few threads about this on the Freaks and Geeks official site and it seems legit. Paul Feig, the shows creator posted that they know about it and it was their way of getting copies out to the International fans that signed the petition.
Old 04-09-04, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Let us know if you cave after watching and decide to go for the LE!
I can promise you I won't. I am content with this set and once mind is made up I am firm, I read and know what to expect from extras, plus i am anal and something that doesn't fit with rest of DVD's will haunt me nights . Besides by the time I get through the entire set it will literally be 2005, maybe 6 and by that time the set will be a few thou most likely!

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-09-04 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 02:46 PM

Tower Signing

About the signing...

Usually these things require you to buy the DVD in store and that's what they'll sign, maybe plus one more item.

You can't get the yearbook edition in the store, but that's what I want to bring to get signed (if my order of 4/8 arrives--how soon is rush?), as well as my Critic box set (you aren't getting away that easily, Apatow!). I do not intend on buying the retail set to have in addition to the yearbook-- this isn't Lord of the Rings, or anything. I ordered the good set! Anyone know if there will be a dispensation for the "true" fans who bring their yearbooks (and their Critic box sets)?

I imagine there will be fans bringing Scooby Doo DVDs for LC. Shame, really.

END TRANSMISSION

CS
Old 04-09-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't believe they won't sign the LE. NO WAY!
Old 04-10-04, 11:45 AM

LA DVD Signing 4/13

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
I can't believe they won't sign the LE. NO WAY!
Looks like you CAN get your yearbook (or a previously purchased 6-disc set) signed. This was just posted at freaksandgeeks.com:

From an official but unnamed source, this is what was confirmed between Shout and Tower...

> >> You do not have to buy the box set to
> >> access cast/Judd/Paul & get something signed. It may happen that if there
> >> are way too many people there, they will let people who purchase that night
> >> in first....and they might limit it to 1 item being signed..but everyone
> >> will get in...
Old 04-10-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Darn you LA for always getting the cool signings!
Old 04-11-04, 05:03 AM

Tracking?

So yeah, I'm really hoping I get my yearbook by the day of the signing... I ordered it on the 8th, and they say they are shipping the week of the 12th, and I requested Rush, and my status page says "In Progress." At what point do I get a tracking number for UPS?

I realize this should go to the customer service e-mail, but I figured I'd ask those of you here who ordered online and already got it. I'm in Los Angeles, FWIW. But I ain't buying the retail F&G box just so they cast can sign that. If I don't have the yearbook by then, I'll just bring my Critic box set for Apatow to sign... and a pinup of Linda Cardellini for her to sign for my friend in Delaware.

On Pins & Needles,

CS
Old 04-11-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry if this question has already been asked...
Do they expect to have any copies for sale in May? That would probably be the earliest I would pick up the LE.
Old 04-11-04, 02:37 PM

From the freaksandgeeks.com DVD FAQ:

7. How soon will it be before you run out of "Collector's Editions"?
According to Judd: "I think we are going to give people on the petition and the web site a month or so to order it before opening it up a little wider, so I wouldn't wait too long. You never know how high the interest level will be. If you have a real situation email me and I will make sure you get one."

That's classy. Thumbs up, guys.

CS
Old 04-11-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I missed this show when it aired, so I'm going to go ahead and make a blind purchase - I'm about the biggest 80's fan their is so I'm certain I'll enjoy it....I'm also a sucker for cool packaging like this LE.
Old 04-11-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Alright...so after it's been a couple weeks...how do you guys actually enjoy the show? Is it as good as you remember it? Still like the characters and everything, etc?
Old 04-11-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My LE set came in a couple days ago (pretty quick delivery time by UPS), and I'm slowly getting through the contents. It's jammed pack -- I was going through the yearbook first.

I almost got a bit misty eyed watching the opening sequences of the first episode. It was pretty much how my first year in high school went in the same period. It was four years of being limbo -- I wasn't a jock, I wasn't "cool," I wasn't in the smart group, and I didn't follow any of the fads like so many of my classmates did. I just didn't fit in. I was pretty much the Sam Weir character and had a friend who was Bill Haverchuck all the way.

The show is every bit as good as I remembered it, but since I also lived it, the nostaligic factor is pretty good (even though I hated the 1980s for the most part). But in looking back, I also remember the tranistional period of 8th grade (1981) being very much like the show.
Old 04-11-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by PacMan2006
Alright...so after it's been a couple weeks...how do you guys actually enjoy the show? Is it as good as you remember it? Still like the characters and everything, etc?
I never caught it when it was on, so I don't have a frame of reference for it. I finished it early this morning, and it's my favorite show ever. I am actually depressed that we don't get to find out what happened to the characters. I would kill for 5 more eps to finish out at least one year.
Old 04-11-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I can't take it anymore. I NEED one of these yearbooks. So that means I have a boxset to sell. If anyone is interested, $40 including shipping, in mint condition. I will post this on the exchange forum in a few days, but I wanted to give fans of the show who haven't picked it up yet first dibs.

[email protected] (Gold Trader)
Old 04-11-04, 09:28 PM

Re: Tracking?

Originally posted by BasiaMille
So yeah, I'm really hoping I get my yearbook by the day of the signing... I ordered it on the 8th, and they say they are shipping the week of the 12th, and I requested Rush, and my status page says "In Progress." At what point do I get a tracking number for UPS?

I realize this should go to the customer service e-mail, but I figured I'd ask those of you here who ordered online and already got it. I'm in Los Angeles, FWIW. But I ain't buying the retail F&G box just so they cast can sign that. If I don't have the yearbook by then, I'll just bring my Critic box set for Apatow to sign... and a pinup of Linda Cardellini for her to sign for my friend in Delaware.

On Pins & Needles,

CS
I put in an order last Wednesday 4/7 but I still yet to hear anything except for the order confirmation. Getting impatient.
Old 04-12-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone's been looking, there's a bunch of Easter Eggs up at dvdeastereggs.com right here.

I haven't been able to find any on my own. They're the kind where you're required to watch something first, and then search around for them. Too much work for me, luckily, these people don't mind doing the work.
Old 04-12-04, 12:56 PM

I got the standard edition and I have to say I LOVE the packaging. For me, much better than the yearbook could be.

If it hasn't been mentioned, it is the same size as regular DVD box sets, but you take it out of its slipcase and it opens like a book. A full color photo of one of the cast members on one side, and a disc in a plastic holder on the other. With a several page booklet in the case. You can flip through the different discs.

Great design.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.