DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Why is Kill Bill on DVD going to be so expensive? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/341497-why-kill-bill-dvd-going-so-expensive.html)

daniel18 01-15-04 08:30 PM

Why is Kill Bill on DVD going to be so expensive?

$29.99? WTF? Is the box set going to be any cheaper?

the narrator 01-15-04 08:31 PM

that is what most DVDS MSRP is...don't worry it will be $19.99 or less when it comes out

*RG3* 01-15-04 08:32 PM

That's MSRP, it will most likely be cheaper the first week of its release.

Jackskeleton 01-15-04 08:45 PM

It's MSR.... oh, already stated.

Look at it this way buddy. stores use these type of titles as Loss leaders. that means they price them WELL below what they pay for them, and for bigger companies like best buy, buying in the hundred thousands of units, they get a good price discount. So when it's all said and done, it will be 17.99-19.99 on the day of release.

All titles have a higher MSRP then what you pay for it.

PJsig08 01-15-04 08:49 PM

Definitely a new member

The Nature Boy 01-15-04 08:53 PM

good time to trade in a crap disk and get it for 13 bucks at Blockbuster,IF that offer is back in effect by then, as rumoured.

Jah-Wren Ryel 01-15-04 09:17 PM

that offer is back today

Grizzly 01-15-04 09:45 PM

Originally posted by PJsig08
Definitely a new member
new to DVD as a whole too, probably.

SFranke 01-15-04 10:13 PM

Perhaps he means why is it so expensive when it doesn't have any significant amount of extras beyond a DTS track and a documentary. The answer is that it is released by Buena Vista, and people will buy it at that price.

spongebobkay 01-15-04 10:27 PM

You can pre-order it at dvdempire.com for $19.99 right now.

tek2k 01-15-04 10:49 PM

Originally posted by evitagen
Perhaps he means why is it so expensive when it doesn't have any significant amount of extras beyond a DTS track and a documentary. The answer is that it is released by Buena Vista, and people will buy it at that price.
he didn't say anything about features, just price.
he IS new to dvds. hehe

jough 01-15-04 11:00 PM

You can pre-order it at Buy.com for $16.99 right now, too.

So it will likely be 15-16.99 on release day.

groovrbaby 01-16-04 01:45 AM

Because I will buy it no matter what price it is.

d2cheer 01-16-04 07:14 AM

Originally posted by groovrbaby
Because I will buy it no matter what price it is.
Same here, but I will really looking forward to the box set also...

Maryang Palad 01-16-04 07:17 AM

It will probably be $15.99 on release day.

DVD Josh 01-16-04 07:42 AM

I've decided not to buy until the complete movie comes out, and I really can't understand why any of you would either. Why buy half a movie?

chanster 01-16-04 08:19 AM

I've decided not to buy until the complete movie comes out, and I really can't understand why any of you would either. Why buy half a movie?
Makes sense, in a logical kinda way.

boston george 01-16-04 08:35 AM

Originally posted by wfujosh
I for one will be buying this movie in every incarnation it is released in. Hell I already own a Miramax screener disc.

DVD Josh 01-16-04 08:52 AM

I just decided not to support the ridiculous decision to release it in two parts. Clearly a marketing ploy. I love Tarantino, I think he's a revoluationary director / writer, but I'm only going to buy the DVD and not support the studio by purchasing a movie ticket as well. That's one less frilly shirt for you, Mr. Tarantino!!

steebo777 01-16-04 09:15 AM

Originally posted by chanster
Makes sense, in a logical kinda way.
Logic? What's that? Studios expect us not to have it I guess... :)

KTIK 01-16-04 11:02 AM

"I've decided not to buy until the complete movie comes out, and I really can't understand why any of you would either. Why buy half a movie?"

But people bought the Lord of the Ring movies, and those are only 1/3 of the big movie. So with 1/2 of Kill Bill, we're getting more!

nightmaster 01-16-04 11:14 AM

One more new title priced at just under $20, nothing unusual here. The reason I would buy half a movie is because it's a half that stands on it's own even were there to (gasp) never come the release of Vol. 2.

Josh H 01-16-04 11:20 AM

I don't care about that, I'm just not buying it because it's bare bones and there will inevitably be some special edition boxed set down the road.

DVD Josh 01-16-04 12:32 PM

Originally posted by nightmaster
One more new title priced at just under $20, nothing unusual here. The reason I would buy half a movie is because it's a half that stands on it's own even were there to (gasp) never come the release of Vol. 2.
So then that would be the half that stands on its own where she does NOT "kill bill" and her name is NOT revealed? :)

C'mon NM! Agree with me. You know you want to :)

Imodium 01-16-04 03:51 PM

So then that would be the half that stands on its own where she does NOT "kill bill" and her name is NOT revealed? :)

C'mon NM! Agree with me. You know you want to :)

Her name is that important?