DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Green Acres Season 2? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/341332-green-acres-season-2-a.html)

THX7966 01-15-04 04:05 AM

Green Acres Season 2?

OK, it's really early to be asking, but I'm loving Season 1 so much I had to ask. Does MGM have a fairly quick turnaround on season sets? I really don't want to wait a year for the next one.

FOX could learn a lesson here from MGM on how to release a reasonably priced set (Mary Tyler Moore Season 2 anyone?). Two double-sided discs holding 32 episodes for just over $20 on Amazon. And the video/audio is great for a show approaching 40 years old.

Great job!

Tarnower 01-15-04 07:29 AM

Just bought this from Circuit City yesterday. Both discs have major amounts of fingerprints, smudge marks and tiny scratches all over them. That was the only copy CC had. So, this will be interesting when I return it. I'm so f*****g sick of this sloppy quality control. Last week, I had the same exact situation with the "Alien" and "Aliens" DVDs. I had to go three three cycles of returning until I found two copies that looked the way one would expect a newly-purchased DVD to look.

As far as "Green Acres" goes...
I am so looking forward to watching this. I haven't been able to find this on any cable channels for close to ten years now. While not the finest sitcom ever made, it was the one sitcom that made me laugh the most while growing up. Man, that Hooterville town was like one gigantic "Who's on First?" routine. The enormous amounts of confusion, double-speak, manipulation and general dunderheadedness was always good for many, many laughs. I wish writers of sitcoms today could write this funny. And it all stems out of character and setup, not personal putdowns and character assassination (like today's television).

I didn't realize this baby was on for something like seven seasons. I thought it was only three or so. I will be looking forwad to the other sets. And, to answer your question, haven't heard of release date for season 2.

Deke Rivers 01-15-04 07:47 AM

never found fingerprints on a brand new dvd. Maybe Circuit City is re-shrinkwrapping them?

Upper pylon 3 01-15-04 08:37 AM

I haven't seen this in Columbia House yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to get MGM season sets in the club?

Steve Phillips 01-15-04 10:28 AM

It was six seasons (1965-71) and I want ALL of them on DVD! PLEASE MGM!

Avoid the utterly awful 1990 reunion film RETURN TO GREEN ACRES though. It isn't funny at all and I hope no one judges the series by that junk. Even the cast hated the script!

Laser Movies 01-15-04 12:12 PM

Re: Green Acres Season 2?

Originally posted by THX7966
OK, it's really early to be asking, but I'm loving Season 1 so much I had to ask. Does MGM have a fairly quick turnaround on season sets? I really don't want to wait a year for the next one.

It took MGM about a year to release the second season of the Outer Limits. Hpefully that's not the pattern for Green Acres.

davidvp 01-15-04 12:47 PM

Two double-sided discs holding 32 episodes for just over $20 on Amazon.
And even less than Amazon @ Empire. 62.7 cents per episode. :thumbsup:

Hammer99 01-15-04 12:54 PM

Forgot this was coming out, I got it too. Damn, this stuff is too funny, and it only gets better after the 1st season. Bring the others on!

Al Padrino 01-15-04 03:56 PM

If you're a Mister Ed and Green Acres fan, that Best Buy special where you get $15 off if you buy both this week, is a good deal. I'm hoping to get out there for both of them before the deal's over.

RevKarl 01-15-04 05:06 PM

Similar to the Best Buy deal, ShopKo (a department store chain in the NW) is selling both Green Acres and Mr. Ed
for $19.99 this week...plus they're offering a $10 instant rebate if you buy both!