DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any plans on releasing a "Death Becomes Her" SE? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/341187-any-plans-releasing-death-becomes-her-se.html)

Daytripper 01-14-04 12:47 PM

Any plans on releasing a "Death Becomes Her" SE?

Does anyone know if there will ever be a SE/Widescreen release of "Death Becomes Her". I know Universal kicked the idea around, as mentioned on a few DVD sites about a year or two ago. But I haven't heard anything since. I would definitely love to have this in widescreen. But it would be great if they include all those deleted scenes. That they showed in the theatrical trailer when the movie was released.

PalmerJoss 01-14-04 01:04 PM

I'm sure it will happen someday. I think this is the only Zemeckis film that hasn't been put out on dvd as of yet, and I would love to own a SE of it complete with commentary, making-of doc, deleted scenes, trailers, etc.

jmj713 01-14-04 01:28 PM

There definitely needs to be a SE of Death Becomes Her out fast! Zemeckis SEs are great and his commentaries are very good. Another early Zemeckis film not out on DVD is I Wanna Hold Your Hand. And also Romancing the Stone is a bare-bones non-anamorphic DVD.

m.cellophane 01-14-04 01:34 PM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
I think this is the only Zemeckis film that hasn't been put out on dvd as of yet...
Death Becomes Her is available on DVD...it's just bare bones pan & scan only. Not really worth counting it as being on DVD IMHO, but I thought I'd point out that it's technically "available".

RobCA 01-14-04 02:10 PM

I would LOVE an SE of this. It's one of my favorite movies, and there's so much more they could put on the DVD. A widescreen transfer, for starters, plus all the deleted scenes with Tracey Ullman, the alternate ending, audio commentary...

:drool: Rob

kcdny 01-14-04 04:32 PM

Blah Blah Blah

lol

SE IS A MUST!!!

RobCA 01-14-04 05:44 PM

"Now, a warning..."

"NOW, a warning?!"

:D Rob

marty888 01-14-04 07:28 PM

One of my favorites - such a bummer that it's only p/s. From Meryl Streep's opening musical number to the final shot - I still can't figure out why this never was a hit.

whynotsmile 01-14-04 08:04 PM

One of my favorite flicks when I was young. I would love a SE of this as well.

boston george 01-14-04 08:33 PM

Wow I haven't thought about this movie forever. I saw it in the theater when I was young and remember liking it alot. I would love to own it on dvd but will not buy P&S. Bare-bones is fine but OAR is a must.

TheVelvetRope 01-14-04 10:23 PM

Two posts in a row about people commenting they saw this when they were "young." You know, waaaaaaay back in 1992. I suddenly feel all kinds of old. I would, however definitely pick this up if they ever fix that whole "non-OAR" thing.

"Do you know what they do to soft, bald, overweight Republicans in prison?" :D