DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Freddy vs. Jason Easter Egg (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/341117-freddy-vs-jason-easter-egg.html)

QuiGonJosh 01-14-04 05:43 AM

Freddy vs. Jason Easter Egg

On the second disc go to the Deleted/Alternate scene, click on the arrow and push up...this will take you to a little 3min segment where the director and writers talk about the original ending never shot...

anyone find any others?

odyas 01-14-04 06:06 AM

So what was the original ending supposed to be? Care to share?

sataniko 01-14-04 07:43 AM

Cool, I check it out when I watch the film this weekend. Thanks.

Indy Jones Fan 01-14-04 08:44 AM

So what was the original ending supposed to be? Care to share?
In a nut shell,
Spoiler:
Freddy and Jason both end up in the lake which then drains leaving a huge demonic hand which pulls them both back into hell and drops them into an arena type setting leaving them to fight for all enternity for the amusement of Satan and other demons.

steebo777 01-14-04 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Indy Jones Fan
In a nut shell,
Spoiler:
Freddy and Jason both end up in the lake which then drains leaving a huge demonic hand which pulls them both back into hell and drops them into an arena type setting leaving them to fight for all enternity for the amusement of Satan and other demons.

Now that sounds like fun. Or even good for the sequel.

REL77 01-14-04 09:28 AM

wow, that would have been a cool ending if filmed right

whynotsmile 01-14-04 10:07 AM

holy crap! that is the great possible ending I have ever heard!

They probably didn't shoot it because they couldn't land Rob Schneider to scream "you can do it Jason!" dressed up as a demon...

mikewendt 01-14-04 10:54 AM

That sound like a cool ending... There is another egg.

Disc 2, go to "The Production" section and go to the right, you'll see 4 Slashes next to the Fangoria article title. That takes to a short behind-the-scenes segment shot on location.

DrMcKittrick 01-14-04 10:59 AM

whoa!

gbub 01-14-04 11:06 AM

That would definately peg the cheese-o-meter, but it would kinda ruin the possibility of either coming back for a vs. with Michael Myers. Hopefully, they'll get to Chucky and eventually get to a Royal Rumble with all of the sequel horror movie killers.

QuiGonJosh 01-14-04 11:18 AM

Originally posted by mikewendt
That sound like a cool ending... There is another egg.

Disc 2, go to "The Production" section and go to the right, you'll see 4 Slashes next to the Fangoria article title. That takes to a short behind-the-scenes segment shot on location.

sweet...thanks...

gbub 03-03-04 08:21 AM

I found another egg also. I think in the special effects featurettes main menu you get 4 slashes on the right side also. It goes to a rough computer animated fight between Freddy and Jason. I didn't find it particularly interesting maybe because there wasn't any introduction as to what the relevance of it is.

A-aron 03-03-04 10:09 AM

There is another egg that shows the reshot ending of Jason Goes to Hell (where the Freddy glove comes up from the ground). Anyone know how to get to it?

bodomnet 03-03-04 11:13 AM

Thanks for that one.

cross 03-03-04 11:53 AM

Originally posted by gbub
That would definately peg the cheese-o-meter, but it would kinda ruin the possibility of either coming back for a vs. with Michael Myers. Hopefully, they'll get to Chucky and eventually get to a Royal Rumble with all of the sequel horror movie killers.

Why would Austin Powers be in a horror movie?

cerial442 03-03-04 04:29 PM

That ending sounds terrible. That would actually ruin the film.

Binger 03-03-04 04:36 PM

Originally posted by cerial442
That ending sounds terrible. That would actually ruin the film.
I thought it sounded pretty cool.

gbub 03-03-04 04:39 PM

Why would Austin Powers be in a horror movie?
Worst...crossover...EVER!

Michael Myers is the name of the Halloween movies slasher.