DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   What used/unwanted DVDs are good for... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/341105-what-used-unwanted-dvds-good.html)

seximexy 01-14-04 12:20 AM

What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Alright, let's admit it, we all have these. Your collection getting too big? You have a disc of that you are embarrassed to let others know about? You'd wish you could go back in time and undo your purchase. Oh well. Now you can't even give it away. You would gladly throw it away if you could. What to do...

Coasters?

A frisbee substitute?

Break it into jagged edges and use it as a weapon?

Use in math class to draw perfect circles?

Spin it around your finger to kill time?

A portable mirror?

A flat prism?

How about finding two and using a string to design a bikini?

Any other ideas??????

Kumar J 01-14-04 01:22 AM

I put them outside my room.Scares the crows away!

eedoon 01-14-04 01:27 AM

Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by seximexy

How about finding two and using a string to design a bikini?

Hmm... bikinis with holes in the center... sounds good to me! :D

sataniko 01-14-04 07:46 AM

rotfl

DVD Josh 01-14-04 08:25 AM

Re: Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by eedoon
Hmm... bikinis with holes in the center... sounds good to me! :D
Didn't Jenny McCarthy already do that?

steebo777 01-14-04 08:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by wfujosh
Didn't Jenny McCarthy already do that?
Pics? ;)

Tha Freak 01-14-04 08:31 AM

What about keeping them in a vault (or a safe) so nobody knows you have them and when you have insomnia, watch them and maybe, just maybe it could help you get some sleep!

I like the one about the bikini!

Loc Nar 01-14-04 08:50 AM

If you have a Wherehouse Music near you (which is being bought out by Coconuts - at least in my area), then take those crap DVDs there and take advantage of their trade three used DVDs in for any new DVD priced at $27.99 or less.

cseyer 01-14-04 09:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by steebo777
Pics? ;)
Here ya go.

Jenny in the DVD's

mikewendt 01-14-04 11:09 AM

I drop them on eBay for as little as I get.

DVD Smurf 01-14-04 01:02 PM

half.com...

gutwrencher 01-14-04 03:45 PM

Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by seximexy
Alright, let's admit it, we all have these. Your collection getting too big? You have a disc of that you are embarrassed to let others know about? You'd wish you could go back in time and undo your purchase.
rotfl

no..some of us dont have these because we have better things to do than waste $ and time.:p

EskimoJoe 01-14-04 06:48 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
rotfl

no..some of us dont have these because we have better things to do than waste $ and time.:p

Well... you have wasted quite a bit of money on double dips without unloading the original.

I agree with gutwrencher though; I am honest because my collection is too modest.

lesterlong 01-14-04 08:43 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
rotfl

Can I get an Amen!

Michael Corvin 01-14-04 09:19 PM

I have some because of double dips. Upgrading that awful P&S crap to a beautiful Anamorphic Widescreen disc. I usually sell them at work, but if absolutely no one is interested I give 'em to family. Such as Christmas Vacation. Hell I can't even give away Air Force One. Nobody wants it.

gutwrencher 01-15-04 09:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: What used/unwanted DVDs are good for...

Originally posted by EskimoJoe
Well... you have wasted quite a bit of money on double dips without unloading the original.

thats true to a point, EskimoJoe. however, just fyi, I dont see it as wasting $. I dont have the means to make proper back-ups of my films...so I keep my double-dips. I dont fully trust dvd manufacturing and the way quality control is lacking in common sense. just in case one of those dvds loses out to delamination...at least I'll have a decent back-up to replace it, should I feel the need to watch it. on the other side, I have given a few away to friends who may be less fortunate. but yeah...I try to keep everything just in case. sounds a little weird...but I'm a very strange person.http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/icon15.gif