Anyone else buy Spider-Man Season 1 today?

Old 01-14-04, 12:45 AM

Anyone else buy Spider-Man Season 1 today?

I loved the show on MTV and I had to pick this up. The transfer is really nice. Crisp and clean CG, very nice. I was pleasently surprised to find out this DVD release was in DTS! It sounds great too!! It's funny seeing a DTS trailer play before a TV show starts!! There are no real subtitles but if you turn them on you get little pop ups during each episode with info bytes. Kinda cool. Overall excellent release. Glad I bought it!
Old 01-14-04, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't going to as I've never seen the show on tv but now that I know it's in 1.78:1 and DTS I may reconsider
Old 01-14-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by boston george
I wasn't going to as I've never seen the show on tv but now that I know it's in 1.78:1 and DTS I may reconsider
I got so many DVDs this week I didn't even notice that. Cool
Old 01-14-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That may become my new test disc! I picked it up and it looks and sounds phenomenal - I always try to use animation for testing!
Old 01-14-04, 05:31 PM

Okay, I saw this thread and thought...crap, now i really want this show. Lo and behold, 15 min later, I'm in the car on my way to CC to pick up a copy. This forum will empty my wallet.
Old 01-19-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wonder if a season 2 will ever come to par? Looks like MTV dropped it
Old 01-19-04, 02:49 PM

honestly, i thought the fox series was better story wise and voice character wise. don't know why that series hasn't been released yet.
Old 01-19-04, 03:50 PM

Oh yea! I totally agree with you sinister! The fox series was alot better. I guess it was doomed to begin with...WHY MTV!?!?!?
Old 01-19-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe MTV is keeping season 2 quiet and it will be shown around Spiderman 2. The new movie would get people more in the mood to watch Spiderman shows.
Old 01-19-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by White Knight
Wonder if a season 2 will ever come to par? Looks like MTV dropped it
where did you get this information?
Old 01-19-04, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by Deftones
where did you get this information?
When Marvel addressed their stockholders for the upcoming 2004 year they mentioned the movie and TV projects that were going to be released in 2004. Unfortunately, the MTV Spider-man series wasn't among them.

I liked what I saw of this show when I saw it so I will be picking it up in the near future; however, I agree with other people about the FOX show. I wish I could get season sets of that. They should also throw in season sets of X-Men: Evolution and the original X-Men Animated Series.
Old 01-19-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Isn't there already a season one set for X-Men: Evolution? If there isn't I don't know what DVDs I have in my collection. If I am not mistaken the four X-Men: Evolution DVDs released this fall actually contain the first season and the one that was out before that is the first part of the second season with the next part slated to come out Feb. 10. Since they do sell the four that make up the first season as a pack, I think that would constitute a season set.

As for the new Spider-Man series, i am anxiously awaiting my copy from FreeDVD4Me. Should be here before too long though. Only caught a few episodes of the series when it was first on, but I thought I would give it a chance on DVD and if I didn't like it, i could always sell it to get something else.
Old 01-20-04, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
When Marvel addressed their stockholders for the upcoming 2004 year they mentioned the movie and TV projects that were going to be released in 2004. Unfortunately, the MTV Spider-man series wasn't among them.
Since when does that mean for sure it's not going to be back?
Old 01-20-04, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by Deftones
Since when does that mean for sure it's not going to be back?
Since Marvel would list all they could to get stock value up...Nothing in stone, but it doesn't look good.

Wish we could get another Spider-man series!
Old 01-20-04, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked it up the other day and gave it a quick once-through. Not bad, but you can tell it's mostly filler to link the two films. The animation is a bit clunky at times, but the voice talent is pretty darn good; I was pleasantly surprised with Neil Patrick Harris's job as Peter, especially considering that he's basically imitating Tobey Maguire. If there was a season 2, I'd definitely check it out.
Old 01-20-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked this up blind and wasn't sure what to expect, but I landed up really liking it. The animation did take a bit of getting used to. And they had better do another season at some point, otherwise the end is a horrible way to end the show! But all aside, the only real complaint I'd have is with MJ. Her hair doesn't even look like it's attached to her head in the back, and she looks anorexic.

But all in all it's a really good show and I'd recommend it!
Old 01-20-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wasn't crazy about the "human" animation (too stiff) but Spider-man himself always looked really cool. They did a good job making his movements very spider-like.

I might pick this up.
Old 01-20-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked this up the other day even though I had never seen the series. It does take a while to get used to the animation, but the episodes are really good, and Spider Man looks great.
Old 01-20-04, 01:53 PM

Once Spider-man 2 is a hit I'm sure we'll see another animated series