DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Has anyone heard about superbit version of The Matrix Reloaded (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/340690-has-anyone-heard-about-superbit-version-matrix-reloaded.html)

MisterMidnite 01-12-04 09:46 AM

Has anyone heard about superbit version of The Matrix Reloaded

I was browsing through ebay and saw a couple auctions for it. However I can't find any information anywhere else.

DonnachaOne 01-12-04 10:07 AM

THERE IS NO SUPERBIT OF THAT TITLE.

SUPERBIT IS COLUMBIA/TRISTAR.

THE MATRIX FRANCHISE IS WARNER BROTHERS.

THERE ARE MANY MANY BOOTLEGS ON EBAY.

There you are.

aam1 01-12-04 11:35 AM

Although chances are these are boots - It's useful to know that some films have different distributers around the world. Eg Jurassic Park CTHE in Japan and Mexico. Gladiator CTHE in UK and Australia. (Both available as superbit)

BlackBeauty92 01-12-04 03:53 PM

yes, there are MATRIX RELOADED Superbit edition DTS

so does 007 The LIVING DAYLIGHT Superbit DTS & COOL AS ICE SuperBit DTS

:D

SMART-ASS 01-12-04 04:04 PM

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
yes, there are MATRIX RELOADED Superbit edition DTS

so does 007 The LIVING DAYLIGHT Superbit DTS & COOL AS ICE SuperBit DTS

:hscratch:

digitalfreaknyc 01-12-04 04:12 PM

It's a joke.

SMART-ASS 01-12-04 04:19 PM

"It's a joke."

I kinda got that, but I just never heard of these dvds advertised as Superbits, just as having dts soundtacks... and I've never even heard of COOL AS ICE period. Is that a real movie?

~~ PAL ~~ 01-12-04 04:30 PM

Originally posted by SMART-ASS
I've never even heard of COOL AS ICE period. Is that a real movie?
How can you not KNOW the Vanilla Ice classic!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101615/

-ptth-

SMART-ASS 01-12-04 04:54 PM

OH GOD!!! I thought it sounded familar, but I couldn't place it. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Thanks a lot! I hate t be reminded that things like that even exist in this world. Ice ain't a bad guy, but the people who coordinated hs career should be caned! (That's caned as in beaten, not as in fired.)

DavidH 01-12-04 05:11 PM

It's funny how every so often a thread is created about a non-columbia movie Superbit. I still don't get why more people don't know Superbits are Columbia Tri-Star/Sony titles only. Of course, they do own the rights to different movies in other Regions.

TOPDAWG 01-12-04 06:09 PM

Originally posted by DavidH
It's funny how every so often a thread is created about a non-columbia movie Superbit. I still don't get why more people don't know Superbits are Columbia Tri-Star/Sony titles only.
Maybe cause they are not internet DVD geeks? I could not tell you who makes what DVD. I like DVD but I never cared enouth to learn the finer details of it and other such shit.

RussG 01-12-04 06:24 PM

Originally posted by DavidH
It's funny how every so often a thread is created about a non-columbia movie Superbit. I still don't get why more people don't know Superbits are Columbia Tri-Star/Sony titles only. Of course, they do own the rights to different movies in other Regions.
So does that mean I should quit holding my breath for the Good Burger Superbit Edition?

Frank A 01-12-04 11:50 PM

The Matrix Reloaded movie has Disc 1 to itself without Commentary or extra features allowing for transfer at maximum bit rate.

Seems like it's already Superbit.

BlackBeauty92 01-13-04 12:21 AM

Originally posted by SMART-ASS
OH GOD!!! I thought it sounded familar, but I couldn't place it. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Thanks a lot! I hate t be reminded that things like that even exist in this world. Ice ain't a bad guy, but the people who coordinated hs career should be caned! (That's caned as in beaten, not as in fired.)

:lol:

you among all people here... should get it in the first place :lol:

:up: "drop that zero, & gid with da hero" :up:

:lol:

Jackskeleton 01-13-04 12:22 AM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
THERE IS NO SUPERBIT OF THAT TITLE.

SUPERBIT IS COLUMBIA/TRISTAR.

THE MATRIX FRANCHISE IS WARNER BROTHERS.

THERE ARE MANY MANY BOOTLEGS ON EBAY.

There you are.

You took the words out of my prickish mouth. thank you

QuiGonJosh 01-13-04 05:07 AM

Anyway...Reloaded is a Superbit...just without the title...since there is no extras on the first disc of the set and the A/V quality is out of this world!

jayson1017 01-13-04 12:59 PM

A superbit version of MAtrix Reloaded. Wow, who could resist???

DavidH 01-13-04 01:27 PM

Maybe cause they are not internet DVD geeks? I could not tell you who makes what DVD. I like DVD but I never cared enouth to learn the finer details of it and other such shit.
Well, I guess since you are a member of this forum, this makes you an Internet geek. An ignorant Internet geek that is. :)

I agree in your case. If I were you, I would learn the finer details of spelling instead.