DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Dead Like Me Season One DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/340512-dead-like-me-season-one-dvd.html)

Luvthekeys 01-11-04 10:01 AM

Dead Like Me Season One DVD

Any word on a Season One DVD for Showtimes's "Dead Like Me"?

Peace, LTK

the narrator 01-11-04 10:20 AM

it's coming out in may...on the 4th I believe...look it up on www.tvshowsondvd.com for full details, though i don't think they have much more than the date

Gord Lacey 01-11-04 01:12 PM

We actually pulled the news from the site. I had been told that it was cleared to post, then I posted it, then got an email the next day letting me know it won't be announced until later this month.

May 4th was the date I was given.

Gord

speedy1961 01-11-04 04:36 PM

Hi Gord! Great site you have. I have found it to be indispensible in the realm of TV coming to DVD. Keep up the good work!

:wave:

speedy1961 01-11-04 04:38 PM

Hey Gord, since you're based in Canada, any more news on Trailer Park Boys? I have the Season One / Two 3 DVD set and would like news on more. Thanks.

RobCA 01-24-04 10:16 AM

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

MGM Home Entertainment has announced their May 2004 schedule, and we're pleased to tell you that Showtime's acclaimed series, Dead Like Me, is on it! As with many DVD releases of new shows, the Season 1 release is timed to help promote the second season's premiere, which Showtime will begin marketing during the same period as the DVD comes out.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, TVTome.com has a great description that accompanies their episode guide for the series: "18-year-old George Lass dies when a piece of the MIR space station falls from the sky and hits her on the head... Darkly comic and quirky, the show follows George as she helps in catching the souls of people moments before they're destined to die..."

The stars shine in this release: Ellen Muth plays George, the pretty gal with the boy's name who's life takes a strange turn in death. Also see Laura Harris, Callum Blue, Rebecca Gayheart, Jasmine Guy, Cynthia Stevenson, Mandy Patinkin, Greg Kean, Britt McKillip, and Christine Willes.

This 4-DVD set runs 627 minutes and contains 14 episodes: "Pilot" (double-length), "Dead Girl Walking", "Curious George", "Reapercussions" (which aired last night in reruns), "Reaping Havoc", "My Room", "Reaper Madness", "A Cook", "Sunday Mornings", "Business Unfinished", "The Bicycle Thief", "Nighthawks", "Vacation", and "Rest in Peace".

The show will be on DVD in 16x9 Anamorphic Widescreen, and will have English 5.1 Surround Sound. In addition, you also get the following special features:

Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
"The Music of Dead Like Me" Featurette
Photo Gallery

Death is coming for you on May 4th, and it won't cost you your soul at all. Just $58.96 (SRP)...not a bad deal in comparison, eh?
For a larger pic of the artwork, click here.

Rob

the narrator 01-24-04 10:18 AM

can not wait...sounds like a good set

Josh-da-man 01-24-04 01:17 PM

Nice looking set. Looks like they'll be using slimline keepcase. :banana:

mikeporter 01-24-04 07:30 PM

I'm definately going to buy this. DLM and Six Feet Under are my favorite TV shows. Now if only SFU Season Two would be announced...

Me007gold 01-24-04 09:50 PM

that price is looking really good

A-aron 01-26-04 11:32 AM

New news (specs / cover art) ...

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=3147

1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen

English Dolby Digital 5.1

Audio Commentary (Unknown Participants)

Behind-the-Scenes Featurette

Deleted Scenes & Photo Gallery

The Music of Dead Like Me Featurette

Tazwolff 01-26-04 11:44 AM

I can't wait for this set! I saw the first 4 episodes before I didn't have the time to see the rest.

RobCA 02-10-04 09:50 PM

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, it's been delayed to June 15th.

Rob

thegame370 02-11-04 01:51 AM

Too bad about that delay, im looking forward to this one, gotta love that cover art though!

SvenL 03-11-04 07:55 AM

Here's a complete list of the extras:

1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English Dolby Digital 5.1
Audio commentary on pilot episode by Ellen Muth, Mandy Patinkin, Jasmine Guy, Cynthia Stevenson, and Callum Blue
32 deleted scenes
Making-of and music featurettes
Yearbook featuring obituaries on the characters who died during the first season

Can't wait for June 15th.

A-aron 03-11-04 08:36 AM

Amazon has this up for preorder for (gasp!) $50

paradicelost 03-11-04 12:47 PM

I cannot wait for this either. I just hope i can get my satalite hooked up before seaason 2 comes on(at least i hope it got picked up for a 2nd season).

SvenL 03-11-04 12:58 PM

It got picked up for a second season. :-)

Not only that - it has done so well that they have gotten a higher budget for the second season.

The new season starts in July.