DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone ever listen to "drive-in mode"? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/340425-anyone-ever-listen-drive-mode.html)

RKillgore 01-10-04 07:30 PM

Anyone ever listen to "drive-in mode"?

Has anyone gotten the Elite "Drive-In Discs" with DISTORT-O! and listened to the drive-in mode? Sounds like a cool novelty, but can you make it all the way through the movie or want to listen to it more than once?

games03 01-10-04 08:14 PM

You ARE joking, aren't you?

marty888 01-10-04 10:20 PM

Simply pump up the sound on any good DVD and stick your head into a bucket of water - same effect.

gutwrencher 01-10-04 11:33 PM

I have a few discs. it sounds pathetic. a sad attempt to hold on to a classic past. it just makes me miss it that much more.:grunt:

it sounds good on paper, though.

sracer 01-11-04 08:14 AM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
I have a few discs. it sounds pathetic. a sad attempt to hold on to a classic past. it just makes me miss it that much more.:grunt:
I've been wanting to buy them for quite some time, but I'd rather have a disc full of drive-in intermission reels, movie trailers for films shown at drive-ins, and stuff like that.

As far as missing drive-ins... you are NOT alone! :(

EPKJ 01-11-04 10:46 AM

Re: Anyone ever listen to "drive-in mode"?

Originally posted by RKillgore
Has anyone gotten the Elite "Drive-In Discs="= with DISTORT-O! and listened to the drive-in mode? Sounds like a cool novelty, but can you make it all the way through the movie or want to listen to it more than once?
I have all three Drive-In Discs and I love them. I have watched all three using Distorto and played them through as full double features. Distorto is fun and adds to my enjoyment of these low budget films. I hope they release more in the series.

Indy Jones Fan 01-11-04 01:45 PM

Are these the disks that play all the movie info through the left front channel and then use the remaining speakers to play ambient sounds commonly heard at a drive-in? I read about these a few years ago before they were released and it sounded cool. The other 4 channels would play sounds of cars starting up, car doors shutting, people laughing or talking off in the distance. It sounded like something fun to play for a group of friends at a party or something.

Alan Smithee 01-11-04 07:47 PM

I've watched the first 2 with the Distorto tracks, haven't heard the 3rd one yet. There's a few brief comments from the back seat, like during Screaming Skull the guy says "Here comes the scary part!" then the girl says "That wasn't scary!"

Doctor Gonzo 01-11-04 11:39 PM

Re: Re: Anyone ever listen to "drive-in mode"?

Originally posted by EPKJ
I have all three Drive-In Discs and I love them. I have watched all three using Distorto and played them through as full double features. Distorto is fun and adds to my enjoyment of these low budget films. I hope they release more in the series.
According to the Elite Entertainment website, they plan on producing a 15 volume series! Bring it on!

EPKJ 01-12-04 05:04 AM

I just wish that they would release them at a faster pace. Elite seems to take forever to get these out.