DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Will you buy the Babylon 5 season five box? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/339882-will-you-buy-babylon-5-season-five-box.html)

Panda Phil 01-08-04 03:36 AM

Will you buy the Babylon 5 season five box?

Love the series and just picked up season 4. *Hurrah!* I'd like to have a complete set, but to be honest, I thought Season 5 was really pretty depressing and anti-climax after the way 4 ended. Frankly I just didn't like most of it. I'll probably have trouble justifying shelling out another $80 when the box comes out.

What about you?

DaveCole 01-08-04 05:06 AM

I plan on picking up all 5 seasons and the movie set. Still debating on whether I should buy Crusade or not.

Chew 01-08-04 06:06 AM

Without a doubt, anything Babylon 5 related is an instant purchase.

lisadoris 01-08-04 07:17 AM

Originally posted by Chew
Without a doubt, anything Babylon 5 related is an instant purchase.
Ditto. The series finale alone would make the purchase worth it.

Deckard-10 01-08-04 07:31 AM

Absolutely. &nbsp I'll also be picking up the Crusade and movie sets. &nbsp If it's B5 related, I'm buying it!

nemein 01-08-04 08:18 AM

I'll get s5 (it is the weakest but understandably so when you consider how the "powers that be" were screwing around w/ the series) and the movie set... not so sure about Crusade though.

Panda Phil 01-08-04 08:52 AM

Too true. It's that final episode that makes it so hard to NOT buy.

Mourn 01-08-04 09:01 AM

Probably not right away... i didnt like most of it. I imagine i'll have a hard time resisting it when i have more money, however.

El-Kabong 01-08-04 12:46 PM

You see, I think the problem with season 5 - aside from The Suits screwing up JMS's storyline - was that the season suffers from Return of the Jedi syndrome. If Season 5 was attached to any other franchise, we'd all think it was it was pretty damn good. However as a follow up to a most mind-blowingly good season, S5 pales in comparison.

Just imagine if Voyager had produced B5's 5th season. We'd all be wetting ourselves from joy.

slop101 01-08-04 02:12 PM

It's still better than season 1, and just as good as season 2. So since I have those, why not?

I look at season 5 as more of an epilogue to the series, than a complete chapter - sort of like what The Scouring Of The Shire is to Lord of the Rings.

Ron_Bangel 01-09-04 05:30 PM

Certainly! My TV DVD shelves would look weird and I'd have to answer a lot of stupid "why don't you have Season 5" questions if I didn't. :)

I'm also waiting for the movies to come out, should be sweet.

issues 01-09-04 06:04 PM

I never even herd of it? WHen was this show on and is it good for a blind buy.

Static Cling 01-09-04 06:09 PM

There's a thread every week about what people buy. Closing duplicate.