DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Star wars TPM and ATOC OOP as well as mallrats? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/339727-star-wars-tpm-atoc-oop-well-mallrats.html)

Megatron 01-07-04 02:14 PM

Star wars TPM and ATOC OOP as well as mallrats?

Got the vendor delete list at work and it seems both new star wars movies as well as mallrats are going off the shelves...

Mallrats i assume is being replaced by the "high school collection" version (does anybody know if it is a diffrent upc as the old one?)

Star wars has me a little more miffed. Unless something is coming up this doesn't usually happen. anybody have an idea?

PixyJunket 01-07-04 02:18 PM

Star Wars movies are always going in and out of print.

Strange about Mallrats though.. I always wanted a 2 disc edition with disc 2 containing the "TV" version with another commentary by the guys on it. I think it's also a little "new" to be in thier "High School Reunion" which is mostly 80's teen flicks.

Megatron 01-07-04 02:20 PM

I agree it in no way should be in the high school reunion category...but it is...i have seen pictures online and thought what the heyy.

PixyJunket 01-07-04 02:31 PM

I'll keep my copy without forced trailers thank you. :D

ThatGuamGuy 01-07-04 02:48 PM

Star Wars was announced

It was definitely announced, around the time when rumors started to fly about the original trilogy being put out in September, that the first two would be going out-of-print for a while on 12/31/03. I was looking to find this info again, but I can't find it anywhere. The assumption was that they'd be put back in print again either when the third one hits theaters or (more likely, I think) put back in print in time for a box-set of either all three new ones or all six of them.

Megatron 01-07-04 03:02 PM

but does anyone know if the upc codes are the same for both mallrats disc

JimRochester 01-07-04 05:52 PM

I also remember that Star Wars was announced. If they don't go OOP then they can't bring them back new and improved.

milo bloom 01-07-04 07:59 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket

Strange about Mallrats though.. I always wanted a 2 disc edition with disc 2 containing the "TV" version with another commentary by the guys on it.

I think I mentioned this once in an Ultimate Edition "wishlist" thread.

And you have to admit the SW thing does lend more credibility to the OT coming 4th quarter.

Terrell 01-08-04 02:18 AM

TPM and AOTC won't be put back into print anytime soon.

runnersdialzero 01-08-04 08:52 AM

The new Dazed and Confused/Fast Times At Ridgemont High 2 Pack both have the 'High School Reunion Banner' at the top. The 2 Pack at WalMart is only $20. Plus, the Fast Times is the Collector's Edition. When are we going to get an Anamorphic Edition of Dazed and Confused?

majorjoe23 01-08-04 11:17 AM

Mallrats is perfect for the High School Collection, since the characters are in college.

Maybe they could release Coccoon under this banner too.

BobSolo 01-08-04 11:24 AM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Strange about Mallrats though.. I always wanted a 2 disc edition with disc 2 containing the "TV" version with another commentary by the guys on it.
I've gotta ask, why in the world would you want the butchered TV version on DVD?

Michael Corvin 01-08-04 12:35 PM

Originally posted by Megatron
but does anyone know if the upc codes are the same for both mallrats disc
I'm at work and don't have the time, check DVDEmpire, they list the UPC numbers of all their discs.

DonnachaOne 01-08-04 12:51 PM

Originally posted by BobSolo
I've gotta ask, why in the world would you want the butchered TV version on DVD?
Because this TV edit is notorious for its hilarity. AWFUL redubbing of voices, and Jason Mewes has been dubbed for about half his lines by someone who sounds nothing like him at all.

bboisvert 01-08-04 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Terrell
TPM and AOTC won't be put back into print anytime soon.
Source?