DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any news re Six Feet Under, season 2? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/339485-any-news-re-six-feet-under-season-2-a.html)

Laertes 01-06-04 12:03 PM

Any news re Six Feet Under, season 2?

Anyone know if or when "Six Feet Under" Season 2 is hitting DVD? I've gone to hbo.com and amazon.com and found nothing. I don't know where else to look.

Anyone know if it's likely, or even a sure thing? Did the first season sell enough to warrant a DVD release of the second?

Damfino 01-06-04 12:15 PM

My guess is that HBO will hold this until 6FU Season 4 premieres so that they can cross-promote them.

PalmerJoss 01-06-04 12:40 PM

HBO always releases their sets about a year apart, so I'd expect to see this around February.

slop101 01-06-04 03:29 PM

But even if it was coming out a year to the day from the last one, we would have at least heard about it by now. Season 1 came out early February last year - if season 2 was going to be the same, it'd be up for pre-order everywhere by now - but it isn't.

So I'm guessing much later - and putting it out to "coinside" with seaon 4 airing makes no sense as you'd be missing season 3.

QuikSilver 01-06-04 04:41 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting to see when Season 2 comes out. Hopefully soon.

lisadoris 01-06-04 06:15 PM

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard anything about S2 yet. HBO usually releases sets exactly a year to the day but so far nada. It's possible they're waiting until the next season premiere but even that (I don't think) is too far away.

Who knows.

RobCA 01-06-04 06:21 PM

According to this SFU discussion group, it won't be out until March or April. :(

Rob

unbeeleebable 01-06-04 07:02 PM

I also thought we would have heard something on this release by now. Hope the March/April date is happening.

Laertes 01-07-04 07:10 AM

Yeah, I'm worried here. I just bought Season 1 this past Saturday, and now I'm hooked. I have no HBO, and I want to see Season 2!!!

Hope it does see the light of day, though. Worried it won't. I thought it would be soon, too, but I also thought we would have heard about it by now if it was coming soon....

Thanks for your replies.

LiquidSky 01-07-04 07:28 AM

I don't have HBO either and really want to see season 2!!

rfduncan 01-07-04 09:14 AM

Originally posted by Laertes
Hope it does see the light of day, though. Worried it won't. I thought it would be soon, too, but I also thought we would have heard about it by now if it was coming soon....
I wouldn't worry. HBO has been steadily releasing all of their award-winning series a season a year - barring Sex and the City, though the only one to be "caught up" currently is The Sopranos.

PalmerJoss 01-07-04 09:29 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about it. After all, we didn't hear anything about the Alien Quad until about 4 weeks before it's release date. I for one cannot wait for S2 to come out. I bought S1 and my wife and I both got hooked on it--it's now become our favorite HBO series. I only wish they would release their sets a little quicker than 1 per year.

rfduncan 01-07-04 02:05 PM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
I only wish they would release their sets a little quicker than 1 per year.
Me too, but I doubt they ever will. If you think about it, people anxious to see the next season of the show might not subscribe to HBO if they knew the season set for their favorite show was coming out shortly thereafter (esp for shows like The Sopranos). I wish they would speed up releases for shows that have ended however - like OZ andMr. Show.

Which Button? 01-07-04 02:12 PM

Someone Told me that one of the writers told them it's coming in either April or May. I can't for Six Feet Under Season 2 on DVD either.

Laertes 01-08-04 07:01 AM

Well, thanks for the info and reassurance, everyone. If you hear anything, feel free to post/let me know. I'll do the same. Cheers!